PDA

View Full Version : Feraligatr to OU

Zman83
08-14-2008, 06:21 PM
Currently BL but it is basically the same as Gyarados except a bit more defencive.

I think it should be OU personaly, as for the rest of you?

Sudowoodo
08-14-2008, 06:40 PM
Hmm, Gatr has pretty good stats, but not many people use him...

Zman83
08-14-2008, 06:42 PM
Hmm, Gatr has pretty good stats, but not many people use him...I used to use him xD

Strype McClaine
08-14-2008, 07:44 PM
First off, OU is based on useage, not its status.
BL and OU are both upper crust high power pokemon.

With that said, the only advantage that the Gator has over Gyra is lack of 4x Electric weakness.

Gyra ad Gator essentaly share the same slot, and by that token what does Gator have that gyra does not.

Gator has Ice Punch (instead of just ice fang)
Gator has Swords Dance, Focus Punch...

In that respect it is in the same category as gyra, but is completely outclassed in almost every way.

ikke
08-14-2008, 08:25 PM
gayara is better option so why the **** use gator

i am cool
08-17-2008, 03:05 AM
ok so what are the usual gator counters? the same as gyara's so let's see what max atk gator and max atk gyara can do to their counters:

max def max hp bold celebi takes the following from gator after 1 dd holfing a lo:

508 Atk vs 328 Def & 404 HP (75 Base Power): 216 - 256 (53.47% - 63.37%), so that's a 2hko, btw that's icepunch

now for gyara with the same deal(max max def max hp bold celebi form gyara after 1 dd holfing a lo):

574 Atk vs 328 Def & 404 HP (65 Base Power): 214 - 252 (52.97% - 62.38%) so that has a 99% chance of not 2hkoing with lefty's so final result

GATOR HAS THE ADVANTEGE AGAINST CELEBI

max hp no def statmie takes from a one dd lo gyara's eq:

574 Atk vs 206 Def & 324 HP (100 Base Power): 260 - 306 (80.25% - 94.44%) 2hko

what gator can do to the sam star:

508 Atk vs 206 Def & 324 HP (100 Base Power): 230 - 271 (70.99% - 83.64%) 2hko as well

NO ONE HAS THE ADVANTEGE

max hp def bold suicune takes from lo gator's eq:

508 Atk vs 361 Def & 404 HP (100 Base Power): 132 - 156 (32.67% - 38.61%) 3hko-4hko lol

same suicune takes from lo gyaras's eq:

574 Atk vs 361 Def & 404 HP (100 Base Power): 148 - 175 (36.63% - 43.32%) definate 3hko even with lefty'

NO ONE HAS ADVANTEGE FOR THE FOLLOWING REASONS: SUICUNE CAN HIT THEM BACK HARD AND GATOR DEOSTN'T GFET HURT MUCH FROM HP ELECTRIC AND IF HE DECIDES TO CM GATOR CAN DANCE SO I;M GONNA GO WITH BOTH GOT NO ADVANTEGE OVER EACH OTHER IN THIS SITUATION

other counters r generally bulky waters, who i did the calcs before to them, but deleted them now since every bulky water has the same case with suicune being 3-4hkoed by gator and 3hkoed by gyara, so against all bulky waters so gator got some advanteges over gyara in counters, also p2 can not trace intimidate and lower gator's atk like it can on gyara, so it can do things gyara can't so u really should consider him for ou

mosers15
08-17-2008, 05:16 AM
no one going to mention that gyarados has intimidate?

also gyarados has a better resistance pool considering his ability and stats....
having a fighting resistance is nice

i am cool
08-17-2008, 02:55 PM
i mentioned that he has intimidate, but sometomes trace pokes can hurt it copying it's own ability, a fighting resistance is nice, but being able to survive an electric attack is even nicer, also gator got an ice resistance, gyara doesn't have that, and physical ice is the most used moves and second comes special ice as well, intimidate is handy and all but overall both pokes got advanteges and disadvanteges, but what i would like to see is that feraligator sees at least enough use as gyara cause gyara does not outclass him in any way

mosers15
08-17-2008, 05:00 PM
......your joking

what can feraligator take down that gyarados cant?

In OU youll see a lot of things where intimidate + flying is very nice. Examples off the top of my head would be heracross,scizor, lucario...
Even if you become weak to stealth rocks, rock attacks, and gain a 4x eletric weakness i still dont see feraligator NOT being outclassed by gyarados

Farmer
08-17-2008, 05:31 PM
Is this seriously being debated and saying who takes there counters done better doesnt prove who better.Not to mention one of the most popular gyrados at the moment are the lifeorb version which will always 2 hit ko celebii and suicune and 1 hits ko starmie all of the time with rocks down.Ice restiance is nice but gator has only 4 restiances where as gyarados has 5 and a imunity I think having a restiance to fighting and a imunity to ground are far more important in ou.The only things gator has over it is really crunch,sword dance and brick break, but gyarados gets taunt and stone edge which are far superior.Then when it comes to stats gyarados has higher hp speed atk and spdef only stat gator wins is def and with gyarados superior defensives and offensives and speed couple with intimdate it takes hits better and hits harder and faster then ferligator.Lets not consider the treats it counters can gator counter mixape,lucario,heracross nope.

cat
08-17-2008, 06:47 PM
if you want to see fraligator used more or even become over used then you should convince others of its power rather than just say "i think it strong, wut about you?".

the best way to accomplish this is to make a set for feraligator to renew intrest in him, which would be best sought out with something differing him from gyarados, a battle he loses hands down. maybe something with swords dance, especally since the suspect test ladder has been up on the smogon server everyones using SD luke a their SDer a change of pace could be nice. anyways, i dont even think that team uber is the place to try and make tier changes, seeing as smogon is the epicenter of tiering( weather you guys like it or not ).

Farmer
08-17-2008, 07:02 PM
Smogon is full a bunch overrated players that I have beaten on a regular basis smogon runs smogon that all.If they had as much as you said other sites wouldnt have there own tier list and I wouldnt respect a site that dumb enough to move aero and wheezing to uu.

i am cool
08-18-2008, 02:28 AM
farmer can u please stop saying what i was about to say, seriously cat ur like the only one who respects smogon, they r not the gods of tiers, articuon, weezing and aero in uu? wtf? they're too usage adics, and they think they r good, but they really rn't, they brag over nothing, and they keep having flame wars, like all the main chat is about flame wars, and i some how get into every one of those damn flame wars, mods abuse powers, and ban u for unfair reason, but we're getting off topic, this is to discuss gator going to ou not smogon, and if rocks r up and gyara has taken like 15% damage mix ape's lo nped grass knot would kill gyara, so it's not that good of an ape counter, and gliscor can handle sd luke and hgera,

also on a side note gyara takes 68% from sd lukes cc after one sd holindg a lo, so if rocks r up and it has taken at elast 8% damage he would die like hell, hera does the same with CB Se or even scarf se 2hkoing with sr, and feraligator doesn't have that bad sr weak, plus if u read what i said after 1 dd lo max attack gyara's ice fang has a 1% chance of not 2hkoing celebi, now don't tell me it's a mere 1% it doesn't meen that it will never happen, and ice is the most used attack type in the game so don't say that it's "nice", and gyara even with lo only 3hkoes suicune not 2hko, ur making lo gyara a god which is not, also gator's sd set is absolute horror on unprepared teams,

Farmer
08-18-2008, 02:50 AM
Your stuborn Im never wrong get over it good day.Dam theory mon who gives a dam if physical ice is the most use resisting ground fighting is superior how the **** is saying gliscor stops luke and hera a merit to gator.Who cares if gyrados has a sr weakness he has more speed atk better deffensives and intimdate he takes hit so much better then gator can tell me how many things gator can switch into and stil pose a threat to.

i am cool
08-18-2008, 03:12 AM
ok ur right, ur never wrong, I LOVE U, the last part is true, and stop using run off sentences man, also this is a lot of theyroeymon screw both actually lol, i;m not saying gator is better i;m saying that gyara doesn't over power him just that both have their advanteges and disadvanteges, and they somewhat have different roles, like gyara dishes out pain early game while gaotr is more of a lategamer, i;m just saying that both r good so don't say gyara over powers gator, now let's not get into a flame war and start bashing

i am cool
08-18-2008, 03:18 AM
who cares about frigging ren on sentences forget i said that dude, the important thing is i;m trying to clear a point here that, gator isn't ouclassed by gyara and obth have their advanteges and friggin disadvanteges

Farmer
08-18-2008, 03:24 AM
who cares about frigging ren on sentences forget i said that dude, the important thing is i;m trying to clear a point here that, gator isn't ouclassed by gyara and obth have their advanteges and friggin disadvantegesUh in the correct sense it is outclass it has it own niche but overall gyarados is a better pokemon.Gengar and azelf outclass alakazam but zam stil has his own merits It goes on cresslia vs uxie and donphan vs hippowodon.

cat
08-18-2008, 03:31 AM
choosing a tier for something based on one person perspective of how powerful something is is a god awful idea. this is why a useage based tier system is the best.

as you what you say about smogon, they do make the outlines for all tier lists. i could go into a long rant about how much effect smogon has, but i know that most people here are too stubborn to care.

i am cool
08-18-2008, 03:33 AM
i agree with 100% of what u said, hippo>phan, zelf,gar> alakazam, gyara>gator and so on, they have their own neiches but not god enough but not "completely outclasses" like mextwo outclasses 100% caterpie at sweeping, but as for the examples above not 100% just they're somewhat better but still one really should consider the pokes that r supposedly "outclassed" like the above pokes

Farmer
08-18-2008, 03:47 AM
i agree with 100% of what u said, hippo>phan, zelf,gar> alakazam, gyara>gator and so on, they have their own neiches but not god enough but not "completely outclasses" like mextwo outclasses 100% caterpie at sweeping, but as for the examples above not 100% just they're somewhat better but still one really should consider the pokes that r supposedly "outclassed" like the above pokesPreety much

@Cat Well since you love smogon I wont argue it's a matter of opinion it not like saying one form of government is better then another.An since I think your female I know wont win the argument so i wont try correct me if im wrong.

cat
08-18-2008, 04:00 AM
why does everyone think im a girl>.>... i really should not have picked cat as a name.

Farmer
08-18-2008, 04:03 AM
why does everyone think im a girl>.>... i really should not have picked cat as a name.Its not the name ;;<_<.

cat
08-18-2008, 04:06 AM
well, however you guys decide to do your teir system isnt up to me( as i dont think i have much leverage over you ) but i guess ill just have to play your rules. just dont ban subroost zapdos>.>

Farmer
08-18-2008, 04:18 AM
well, however you guys decide to do your teir system isnt up to me( as i dont think i have much leverage over you ) but i guess ill just have to play your rules. just dont ban subroost zapdos>.>You do know the tier list is for show.No tournament uses it we use smogon tierlist for convience as you may had notice 90 percent of post here are full of stupidity.Then again off the topic of the ou tier the uu tier isnt determine by usage so since there no choice but to go off power there hence bl how is aerodactyl and wheezing not overpowering most skilled players will agree smogon uu tier is turning into a joke and that inculdes the likes of jabba and aldaron.Also its that little attitude that makes you come off as a female.

cat
08-18-2008, 04:34 AM
the only problems i have with wheezing and aero is that they didnt make a test period before they moved it, but they don't break the game so its not really that big of a deal for me. the main thing that smogon is trying to perfect right now is OU so no test period isn't that much of a surprise. er.. if the tier list is for show, why even spend the time creating one?

"dude, i said UU battle, why are you using aero, its BL"
"thats just the TU teir list, no one cares about it, its just for show"

as you may had notice 90 percent of post here are full of stupidity.

this place is full of idiots

yeah, lol, zman is pretty stupid.

oh, and i'll tone the attitude down>.>

Farmer
08-18-2008, 04:48 AM
the only problems i have with wheezing and aero is that they didnt make a test period before they moved it, but they don't break the game so its not really that big of a deal for me. the main thing that smogon is trying to perfect right now is OU so no test period isn't that much of a surprise. er.. if the tier list is for show, why even spend the time creating one?

"dude, i said UU battle, why are you using aero, its BL"
"thats just the TU teir list, no one cares about it, its just for show"

as you may had notice 90 percent of post here are full of stupidity.

this place is full of idiots

yeah, lol, zman is pretty stupid.

oh, and i'll tone the attitude down>.>It wasnt at first but in the future a real tier list will be created think of it as a rough draft the tiering method hasnt even been determine its just not a priority at the moment.

mosers15
08-19-2008, 10:45 PM
i agree with all the stuff farmer has said....99% except one which i dont really want to mention

also yeah the tier list is really just for show....i prefer it over smogons anyday though....

Statigar
08-20-2008, 08:00 AM
ive never seen a feraligator in any of the battles ive done... so i vote BL.