PDA

View Full Version : Whats are Tier List based off?

Chrisomar
08-14-2008, 07:24 PM
I know Smogon has their's based off usage from Smogon, and Libelldra does their own thing with tier names such as Overpowered and some other stuff.

ikke
08-14-2008, 08:26 PM
I guess based on performance like most sites have marriland,regileague etc.etc

Farmer
08-14-2008, 11:18 PM
Usage and power, because of the correlation between the two.

i am cool
08-17-2008, 02:15 AM
ususage, u see if a pokemon is good then it's ou, so many people think that they see all ou pokes as powerful pookes then it's based on power, but that's wrong, if magikarp was used by 50000 people then it'll be ou, but no one would use it so, yeah

LinIsKorean
08-17-2008, 02:20 AM
It's not completely based on usage, its partly off of their capabilities, as Farmer mentioned.

i am cool
08-19-2008, 02:30 PM
no smogon take it completely by usage, that's why they got some things in uu that don't belong there like weezing, articuno and such, but taking only by usage is wrong

Statigar
08-19-2008, 03:39 PM
I agree. Garchomp should be moved to uber though, as it is pretty damn powerful :O

Kuja20
08-20-2008, 09:31 AM
i dont personally fear Garchomp and i know a lotta guys from here dont either, but moving it to Uber will change the way we think about the metagame.

I agree that it is very powerful and no RELIABLE counter, but at the end once you scout it out its easy enough to counter tbh.

Garchomp meh maybe to Uber. Smogon basing their Tiers on usage is wrong, moving Aerodactyl down was the worse thing that could happen to UU. If that is the case NO ONE USE GARCHOMP IT MIGHT BE MOVED TO UU! -_-.

I could even go on about stealth rocks and he metagame, but this is the Tiers section lulz.

Tiers should be based on Power and Useage a balanced 50:50 ratio of both imo

The Shadow Projekt
08-24-2008, 09:31 AM
i dont personally fear Garchomp and i know a lotta guys from here dont either, but moving it to Uber will change the way we think about the metagame.

I agree that it is very powerful and no RELIABLE counter, but at the end once you scout it out its easy enough to counter tbh.

Garchomp meh maybe to Uber. Smogon basing their Tiers on usage is wrong, moving Aerodactyl down was the worse thing that could happen to UU. If that is the case NO ONE USE GARCHOMP IT MIGHT BE MOVED TO UU! -_-.

I could even go on about stealth rocks and he metagame, but this is the Tiers section lulz.

Tiers should be based on Power and Useage a balanced 50:50 ratio of both imo

I have recently learned that it takes more than 1 Pokemon to effectively counter Garchomp. (Much like Breloom.)