PDA

View Full Version : Alakazam Analysis

Zman83
08-14-2008, 10:09 PM
Hey again, this will be my second analysis and attempt at becoming an analyzer, I feel confident that I will become one ^^

ALAKAZAM - THE MOUSTACHED WONDER

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg252/HBKHHH619/alakazam.gif

Trick Alakazam

Alakazam @ Synchronize
Timid/Modest - Choice Scarf/Toxic Orb/Flame Orb
252 Speed / 252 Special Attack / 6 HP
-Trick
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast/Energy Ball

This set allows you to inflict Poison or Burn or just mess up a pokemon which sucks with Choice Scarf, Synchronize helps just incase you are Taunted before you use Trick and you are holding on of the Orbs, the opponent will get poisoned/burned anyway. Focus Blast is recommended for more coverage in this set.

Calm Mind Alakazam

Alakazam @ Synchronize
Timid - Life Orb/Expert Belt/Focus Sash
-Calm Mind
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast/Energy Ball

This set allows for much more power for Alakazam and the chance to survive 2 attacks if they are special based. Once again Energy Ball and Focus Blast are both choices.

Specs Alakazam

Alakazam @ Synchronize
Timid - Choice Specs
-Psychic
-Energy Ball
-Focus Blast
-Shadow Ball

This set provides power but is counterable by switching out a resistant pokemon.

Stat Problem Alakazam

Alakazam @ Synchronize
Timid - Flame Orb
252 Speed / 252 HP (Special Attack with Psychic) / 6 Special Defence (HP With Psychic)
-Trick
-Toxic
-Thunder Wave
-Recover/Psychic

Definatly not recommended but it can provide quite a nuisance for your opponents when you are giving stat problems to there pokemon. Psychic is probably recommended for this set.

Future Sight Alakazam

Alakazam @ Synchronize
Timid - Life Orb/Expert Belt/Focus Sash
252 Special Attack / 252 Speed / 6 HP
-Future Sight
-Calm Mind/Shoadow Ball
-Psychic
-Focus Blast

This Alakazam can deal massive damage thanks to Future Sight and ca even use a turn where Future Sight will make a kill to CM.

Alaka-zap
Alakazam @ Life Orb
Timid
252 S. Attk / 252 Speed / 6 S.def
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind / Charge Beam

I know this is a direct port over, but this is seriously one of its best sets. With life orb, even with a ****** base power, charge beam hurts, getting that attack boost, and then proceeding to rock the entire world's face off.

Alakazam@Leftovers
Timid
24 HP / 248 SpA / 236 Spe

Substitute
Encore
Psychic
Hidden Power Bug

I've used this in a couple of my teams and it works really really well. You bring him in a stat move, or my favorite Substitute. You Encore your opponents move, followed by setting up a Substitute of your own. With Celebi being a very common switch in to this set, Hidden Power [Bug] completly massarces it, while still hitting Weavile and Tyranitar for super effective damage.

Ok, there are some sets I just came up with, hope they help ^^

Slash_Assassin2
08-14-2008, 10:24 PM
Where's your opinion on the stashed wonder. I use a Special Sweeper, which is basically identical to the Choice Specs one, but allows versatility to kick ***.

Zman83
08-14-2008, 10:27 PM
Where's your opinion on the stashed wonder. I use a Special Sweeper, which is basically identical to the Choice Specs one, but allows versatility to kick ***.

Yeah I forgot the plain sweeper, oh well :P

Slash_Assassin2
08-14-2008, 10:29 PM

I'm getting my Zam to Shock Wave you =P. lmao. How dare you forget him.

Zman83
08-14-2008, 10:34 PM
[quote="Slash_Assassin2":2rer591c]Where's your opinion on the stashed wonder. I use a Special Sweeper, which is basically identical to the Choice Specs one, but allows versatility to kick ***.

I'm getting my Zam to Shock Wave you =P. lmao. How dare you forget him.[/quote:2rer591c]

Shock Wave? xD

Slash_Assassin2
08-14-2008, 10:37 PM
[quote="Slash_Assassin2":1b1bttb4]Where's your opinion on the stashed wonder. I use a Special Sweeper, which is basically identical to the Choice Specs one, but allows versatility to kick ***.

I'm getting my Zam to Shock Wave you =P. lmao. How dare you forget him.

Shock Wave? xD[/quote:1b1bttb4]

that's right, Gyrados and Skarmory think twice about back-sassing lmao.

Strype McClaine
08-15-2008, 01:16 AM
If you want to do a Future sight set, you might want to remind people how future sight works.

It works off of the Special defense stat, of the Pokemon that is in play currently, say for example, you get it off on a Skarmory, then future sight is riding off of skarmory's special deference. This of course, is a best case senerio.

Now what ever pokemon is in when the attack clears receives that damage using the stat of the pokemon that was in play with the attack occurred, not it's own defense.

Future sight also is "typeless" as far as damage goes so you likely can drop the use of moves for coverage.

Never ever ever use toxic orb on a trick alakzam, it is absolutely not worth the special attack drop.

The status thing is cute, but its lousy...realy.

Also, you need to add a charge beam alakazam, or at least put it as an option with a calm mind set.

Alaka-zap
Alakazam @ Life Orb
Timid
252 S. Attk / 252 Speed / 6 S.def
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind / Charge Beam

I know this is a direct port over, but this is seriously one of its best sets. With life orb, even with a ****** base power, charge beam hurts, getting that attack boost, and then proceeding to rock the entire world's face off.

Also the Encore set is worth mentioning, and so is the starter-kazam.

Make sure you look at the smogon sets, and if not upgrade them a little, make sure you essentially add all of them, and try to make as many unique sets as you possibly can, that you would potentially use. I don't think you really want to keep that double status set up as it is.

Spannertastic
08-15-2008, 12:11 PM
This analysis needs a fair bit of work. I can spot heaps of grammatical errors and there are no "Opinion" or "Counters" sections...
Can someone fix this please?

Faint
08-20-2008, 12:06 AM
Can we add in an Encore Alakazam?

Alakazam@Leftovers
Timid
24 HP / 248 SpA / 236 Spe

Substitute
Encore
Psychic
Hidden Power Bug

I've used this in a couple of my teams and it works really really well. You bring him in a stat move, or my favorite Substitute. You Encore your opponents move, followed by setting up a Substitute of your own. With Celebi being a very common switch in to this set, Hidden Power [Bug] completly massarces it, while still hitting Weavile and Tyranitar for super effective damage.