Swellow @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Guts
EV Spread: 252atk/6sp.def/252spe
Nature: Jolly (+ Spe, -Sp.atk)
-Protect
-Facade
-Brave Bird
-U-Turn/Quick Attack

Lead Swellow is the swellow that you should use as a lead. Protect to quickly activate your toxic orb so you can sweep. Toxic Orb is prefered over FLame orb since Lead swellow will switch out quickly after activation and toxic orb does less damage the first 3 turns. Facade Provides STAB, Facade's base power will hit 210 after all the boosts. Bravebird is for Extra STAB and ofcourse coverage. U-Turn is to get out quickly but quick attack might help against faster things on low health.

Late-game Swellow:
Swellow @ Flame Orb
EVspread: 252atk/6sp.def/252spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe, - SP.atk)
-Facade
-Brave Bird
-U-turn
-Quick Attack / Pursuit

This swellow is different from the previous one in different ways. THe first one was made for early game while this one functions better in late game, flame orb takes damage in the longrun. U-Turn helps you to get out if needed. Quick attack and pursuit are both viable option. Quick attack can finish off sashers etcetara while pursuit can suprise running oppononts.

Choice Band Swellow
Swellow @ Choice Band
EV spread: 252atk/6sp.def/252spe
Jolly Nature: (+ Spe, -Sp.Atk)
-Return
-Brave Bird
-U-turn
-Quick Attack / Pursuit

Choice band swellow, the main goal of this thing is to absorb poison/burn and Sweep with a doubled attack. Return is more powerfull then a non boosted facade but you can still try facade if you're feeling lucky. Other then that just a standard Swellow.

Endeavor Abuse
Swellow @ Liechie Berry
EV spread: 252atk/252spe/4sp.def
Jolly Nature (+ Spe, -Sp.atk)
-Substitute
-Endavour
-Return / Brave Bird
-Quick attack

This swellow focusses on subbing down to berry activation and then endavour abuse to get as many oppononts to low health as possible, The last slot gives you an option for a killing move, return and brave bird have the most power and therefor prefered but quickattack can be great if your afraid of other priority move, the downside of quick attack stays the lack of power. If you don't like the endavour strategy you could just use brave bird or return instead of it.

Opinion
Swellow can be a great pokemon early and late game. It's movepool is limited but that doesn't stop it that much. Unfortuantly swellow is stopped by about every steel type. If you use it in OU you're adviced to pack a steel killer magnezone as well, eventough starraptor outclasses it in OU.

EV's
Swellow's main ev focusses should be in speed and attack. The rest can be put into hp but make sure you can live 5 stealth rock switch ins. Jolly Nature is prefered to Outspeed things like starmie.

Counters:
As said before most steel types counter swellow, rock types also do it well. in UU aggron, nosepass and steelix can easily wall you and in OU bronzong, skarmory and forretres can do the same.

Spannertastic
08-15-2008, 01:29 PM
I like it ^_^

Best UU bird ever. And I think you've covered all its options.

ikke
08-15-2008, 01:35 PM
I like it ^_^

thanks ^^
I've been swellow fanboy for a while so I know what it can do xD

Strype McClaine
08-15-2008, 02:31 PM
I like it ^_^

thanks ^^
I've been swellow fanboy for a while so I know what it can do xD

Maaannn...I love pokemon like swellow. Not infinite options to keep writing all ******* day, but a small set of about 10 good moves, a good ability, and your choice of how you want to use it. Its like eating at Sunday brunch. Not tons of options, but they are all so tasty.

Spannertastic
08-15-2008, 02:35 PM
Maaannn...I love pokemon like swellow. Not infinite options to keep writing all ******* day, but a small set of about 10 good moves, a good ability, and your choice of how you want to use it. Its like eating at Sunday brunch. Not tons of options, but they are all so tasty.

QFT. I like that Swellow almost got likened to a quiche then too.

mosers15
08-16-2008, 02:12 PM
i use swellow in about every UU team ive had because facade owns just about everything haha