Tangrowth @ Leftovers
Ability: Doesn't Matter
EV's: 252 HP/228 Def/28 Spe
Nature: Impish
-Power Whip
-Knock Off
-Leech Seed
-Sleep Powder

This goes to show you why Tangrowth owns Celebi : Power Whip, Sleep Powder, and Knock Off. Beat that you stupid head of lettuce! Power Whip for awesome STAB, Knock Off really screws with the opponent's team, then the ever loving, Sleep then Seed combo.

Double Powder Power

Tangrowth @ Leftovers
Ability: Doesn't matter
EV's- 252 HP/228 Def/28 Spe
Nature: Bold
-Energy Ball/Grass Knot/Leaf Storm
-Sleep Powder
-Stun Spore
-HP Fire/HP Electric

The choice in the first slot, Energy Ball works well on the lighter foes that Grass Knot wouldn't work so well on, Leaf Storm outshines them both due to it high power, but the may cause a lot of switching out. Put one pokemon to sleep, and they switch out to another and BAM! Stun Spore, omg no! Yes. Fun stuff.

Chlorophyller

Tangrowth @ Heat Rock/Leftovers/Lum Berry
Ability: Chlorophyll
EV's- 4 HP/252 Sp Atk/252 Spe
Nature: Modest/Timd
-Sunny Day
-Solarbeam
-Sleep Powder
-HP Ice/Sludge Bomb

An attempt at a late game sweep, who knows, it could work. Get your Sunny Day going, and watch him move. Sleep Powder what you don't like, and beat the crap out of things with Solarbeam. HP Ice for those pesky dragons and other Grass Pokemon that try to ruin your fun.

Crank Dat Swords Dance (Done better by Sceptile)

Tangrowth @ Leftovers
EV's: 240 HP/232 Atk/36 Spe
Nature: Adamant
-Swords Dance
-Power Whip
-Rock Slide/Earthquake
-Stun Spore

Youuuuuuuuuuuuuu, think about this one, and that our good friend Sceptile pulls this off better. The dilemma between Rock Slide and Earthquake is who you need it more for. Rock Slide makes Tangrowth a better Gyrados counter, while Earthquake does away Electivire or even Infernape(Most likely on the switch).

Sleep-Talker

Tangrowth @ Leftovers
Ability: Still doesn't matter
EV's: 252 HP/228 Def/28 Spe
Nature: Impish
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Power Whip
-Earthquake/Knock Off/Leech Seed

This set is here because Rest is Tangrowth's only recovery option outside of Morning Sun, which is XD-exclusive and therefore less than preferable; not to mention that Sand Stream gets in the way of that. But don't worry, this is a pretty good set if you're using Tangrowth to counter one of these many things it counters and you want to keep it alive. Beware Taunt if you're sleeping though. The last move is a filler and can be almost anything. Earthquake here is for Electivire and Steels, but a Sleep Talked Knock Off or Leech Seed has some nice touch to it. Sadly you're not going to see much action from Tangrowth as a sleep absorber unless you like to play Russian Roulette.

Sub Seeder

Tangrowth @ Leftovers
Ability: Guess what, doesn't matter
EV's: 4 HP/252 Def/252 SpA
Nature: Modest
-Substitute
-Leech Seed
-Stun Spore
-Sludge Bomb/Energy Ball

Done better by other grass pokemon, but HAD to be mentioned. Don't feel like getting into detail, you should get the idea of a sub seeder by now, if not, go kill yourself.

Where's your HP at?

Tangrowth @ Leftovers
Ability: Take a guess
EV's: 4 HP/252 Def/252 Sp Atk
Nature: Bold
-Toxic
-Block
-Leech Seed
-Protect/Giga Drain

The idea behind this devious little creation, Block your opponent in, and proceed to Toxic and Leech Seed them. Protect for extra awesome stalling. Giga Drain if you feel like taking some of that HP for yourself.

Messing with the Opponent

Tangrowth @ Leftovers
EV's: 216 HP/40 Atk/252 Def
Nature: Impish/Adamant
-Knock Off
-Sleep Powder
-Power Whip
-Swagger/Tickle

Looks funny doesn't it? Combined with Stealth Rocks/Spikes this set can rack up the damage to your opponent. Knock Off the incoming pokemon after you've started with a Sleep Powder. When they switch, Hit them with Swagger. Tangrowth shouldn't care about the attack boost, he's got a Base 125 Def. Lol. You could alternately use Tickle to cause switches, nobody like a Atk/Def drop. Power Whip because no pokemon should be left without an offensive move.

Looking Like Electivire

EV's: 216 Atk/216 Def/80 Sp Atk
Nature: Brave
-Shock Wave
-Power Whip/Earthquake
-Brick Break
-HP Ice

An attempt to look like a slower version of Electivire, who can actually handle Gyrados! Gasp! Had to split the attacks to both sides of the spectrum seeing as how Tangrowth can't have a physical Electric attack. Earthquake can complete his Electivire mimics, but Power Whip lets him keep a piece of himself. HP Electric was in consideration until HP Ice had to be added for dragons.

Opinion

Tangrowth kicks major *** if used right. I should know, I have one. Definately a fun pokemon to use, and one of my favorites next to charizard and Salamence. When he faints, he will have done something to cripple the enemy team, which always helps. Don't overlook him just because you have a Celebi, you'll hurt his feelings by saying that one. Yeah Celebi has Recover, but it doesn't have Sleep Powder, Knock off, Power Whip, Stun Spore, or a Base 125 Defense. Consider this when thinking about your grass pokemon, and help this guy find a good home. Until next time......goodbye folks.

Spannertastic
08-15-2008, 01:09 PM
Good work Slash_Assasin2 ^_^

Wanna add a counters section though?

Also, the format could be better, like bolded titles and stuff?
That's just layout jargon though.

Strype McClaine
08-15-2008, 03:21 PM
Great work, but I want to ask something reaal quick.

Just bare with me.....

Leaf gaurd protects status in the sun.
Does this work slightly like hydration, if you had the sun up and hit rest?

I just wanted to be clear on this, because that is a potential set right their,and a good one, if it works like that.

Spannertastic
08-15-2008, 03:30 PM
Great work, but I want to ask something reaal quick.

Just bare with me.....

Leaf gaurd protects status in the sun.
Does this work slightly like hydration, if you had the sun up and hit rest?

I just wanted to be clear on this, because that is a potential set right their,and a good one, if it works like that.

Nah it's not that good :(

Leaf guard only prevents status inducing moves used by the opponent in the sun. It doesn't heal status or prevent user-afflicted stutus in the sun as well.

Tangrowth is sadly not as broken as our friend Manaphy.

Blackout
08-16-2008, 12:39 PM
Wow I'm impressed. Nice work.

mosers15
08-16-2008, 02:04 PM
a FEW reasons celebi owns tangrowth

-recover
-Sp attacks with calm mind
- better speed and sp atks
- doesnt get raped by heatran as badly.....it still does but definitly not as badly

nice job tho =/