Persian @ Choice Bad
Limber
Jolly
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

- Return
- Switcheroo
- Night Slash
- U-turn / Hypnosis

115 base speed is great, getting the cool cat to 361 max speed. That sir, is a deliciously second fastest hypnosis baring choice scarf and speed boost, only beaten by Crobat. With that said, take a look at this set, its clearly from smogon, but its good. SHOCK! Return is as it tends to be on a normal poke, your staby stab, night slash hits ghosts, and switcheroo can lead to some funny moments in the game. For a change of pace, replace Switcheroo with Hypnosis that way, you always have an escape plan with U-turn.

Ambi-persian
Persian @ Life Orb / Silk Scarf
Technician
Jolly
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

- Fake Out
- U –turn
- Hypnosis
- Bite / Feint Attack

Turn 1, fake out. Turn 2, Hypnosis. Turn 3, Bite. Turn 4, U-turn or Bite again.
Ambipom, Persian, Purugly both do this job very well. The difference here is that Ambipom and Persian both get…SHOCK….technician, and then Persian, gets hypnosis. It’s a very obvious conservative set, but does the job quite well, and its rather fun. Bite gets a flinch rate of decent and does a little bit more, while feint hits through the occasional protect/detect.

Special Sweeper?
Persian @ Life Orb / Leftovers / Lum Berry
Technician
Timid
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

- Nasty Plot
- Swift / Hyper Beam
- Water Pulse / Icy Wind / Shock Wave / Hypnosis / Hidden power Fighting [59]
- Water Pulse / Icy Wind / Shock Wave / Hypnosis / Hidden power Fighting [59]

The first person to show me a special Persian was tyko, and its kind of interesting. Hyper beam is if you want a special attack with some seriously more power, but swift’s technicated 90bp, stab’d to 135 bp….that’s not a bad move that WILL NEVER MISS HITTING YOUR FACE. The rest, is up to you. Hidden power is always an option; however, if you go hp fighting 60, you lose quite a bit of stats hit up HP Fighting 59 [30 Def / 28 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe] it seems to work a bit better.

Another option with the special sweeper is to forgo the technician moves, and then a whole nother set opens up for your selection. Dark Pulse, Shadow Ball, Thunder/Thunderbolt, Power Gem, but your only stab with that idea is then the ever popular hyper beam. I’m not listing it as a set, rather it is a sub set of the special sweeper build.

Wet *****
Persian @ Damp Rock / Focus Sash
Technician/Limber
Jolly
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

- Hypnosis
- Rain Dance
- Fake Out / Taunt
- U-Turn

Yep, copy paste = win, but I’ve got a few things to say about this one. The standard build is in fact good, however, if you were to say, to go hasty, and then maybe pack water pulse, you would pull off the same good ness in power level….as the nasty plotted water pulse thanks to rain. But that’s just my thoughts.

Strype McClaine’s Top Cat
Persian @ Focus Sash
Jolly
6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

- Fake Out
- Hypnosis
- U-turn
- Flail

Giovanni I am not, but I have a soft spot in my heart for this cat, this build has been copied by others after seeing in my team and has been my lead for a long time in the past. Fake Out -> Hypnosis - > U-turn is the general mode of the plan, but if you can get the sash activated, you can attempt a sweep. 239 attack is nothing to write home about, but a stabbed flail, 300 base power, is enough to hurt. I know this does have enough power to 2HKO the standard bulky gyrados, switching into the flail. Smogon recommends the use of psych up, night slash, or bite on its flail set, and it’s a great option.
I just like my build better.

Opinion time
This is one bad *** cat. Great moves and super speeds, but sadly lack luster attacking stats that can be used to some decent support. The special sets are rather hard to out and out counter, while the physical ones…rocks…ghosts…steels….all just kind of rock its little fuzzy face off. Beyond that, of the three cats Pokémon: Persian, Puruugly, and Delcatty…Persian holds the title of being the original, and by far the coolest of the three. Holding itself with style and attitude. He lays on his side and grooms while in battle on PBR, letting you know he’ll fight when he wants to. Serious cat-atude.

• Uproar
• Sead Bomb
• Gunk Shot
• Last Resort

With last resort coming into Persian's moves, he can finely more accurately fake being an ambipom. No one will ever suspect a thing. >.>
Seed bomb and gunk shot are both moves that would favor a band type build, but it feels rather empty and lacks a certain edge. Uproar could be used on the nasty plot set, it still gets the boost, and then prevents anything from falling asleep, not that it is useful or anything.

Statigar
08-19-2008, 03:57 PM
Nice work strype McClaine (Y)

I guess its time to promote you to analyser.

i am cool
08-19-2008, 06:41 PM
yep nice work, persian owns lol, two thumbs up

Strype McClaine
10-02-2008, 05:43 PM
Updated to Platinum
Bumped

Eternal
10-02-2008, 07:40 PM
Updated to Platinum
Bumped

You're doing an awesome job. Nice work mate.