PDA

View Full Version : HITMONCHAN TO BL/OU?

i am cool
08-21-2008, 10:33 PM
yes before u laugh, everyone thinks that hitmonchan is one of the worst of the hitmon's since he doesn't have power compared to hitmonlee or bulk compared to hitmontop, but what he has is iron fist, it's stabed focus punch has a BP of 324!!!!! holding a black belt that is and with the ability iron fist, even if something resists it it's gonna take 162 BP move, that's nothing to laugh at coming off that 105 base atk stat, even quad resists take 81 BP move which is not bad either considering their quad resistand, the sub punch set is devistating, if ur team has at least 2 pokes with thunderwave, lategame hitmonchan will sweep, ever common physicall wall is stoped called by him

gliscor get's killed by ice punch, fortress get's killed as well and skarmory takes 70%, so consider using him maybe move him up a tier or 2, all physicall walls r destroyed, cress switches in hitmon fp's 36% damage, he is behind a sub on the second one his sub doesn't break thanks to having good sp.def and hp, then he subs and does the process, if ss is in play even better since moon light will be redundant so cree has to rest which buy's hitmon more free turns, discuss

Strype McClaine
08-21-2008, 11:58 PM
yes before u laugh, everyone thinks that hitmonchan is one of the worst of the hitmon's since he doesn't have power compared to hitmonlee or bulk compared to hitmontop, but what he has is iron fist, it's stabed focus punch has a BP of 324!!!!! holding a black belt that is and with the ability iron fist, even if something resists it it's gonna take 162 BP move, that's nothing to laugh at coming off that 105 base atk stat, even quad resists take 81 BP move which is not bad either considering their quad resistand, the sub punch set is devistating, if ur team has at least 2 pokes with thunderwave, lategame hitmonchan will sweep, ever common physicall wall is stoped called by him

gliscor get's killed by ice punch, fortress get's killed as well and skarmory takes 70%, so consider using him maybe move him up a tier or 2, all physicall walls r destroyed, cress switches in hitmon fp's 36% damage, he is behind a sub on the second one his sub doesn't break thanks to having good sp.def and hp, then he subs and does the process, if ss is in play even better since moon light will be redundant so cree has to rest which buy's hitmon more free turns, discuss

OU at best. I do love hitmonchan and lets face it, this is his generation to shine, http://teamuber.forumup.com/viewtopic.php?t=877&mforum=teamuber Infact, be awesome, and read my analsyis on him.

Heres the problems with the chan man. This is a very physical metagame, and the chan man can only realy come in esaly on a special attack, and he takes thoughts, verry very well. Secondly, his best use in the OU meta game is choice scarf, then followed by the agility set. The problem with the scarf becomes a verry highlighted prediction game, much like if you were wielding a scarf'd electivre. The moves, are obvious, and easily predicted around letting your opponent set up better.

At best, he is a BL suspect/nobody, and a UU superstar, just try out a focus punch with his fist behind it...180 bp before stab....

i am cool
08-22-2008, 12:52 AM
yeah hitmonchan is good, i don't know if it's ou but maybe at least bl, no physical wall can demolish it from sweeping, and if u got some para going around he can outspeed a lot, plus his defence isn't that bad, and in fact he's sturdier than weavile, infernape etc, all the frail sweepers per say, also the scarf set might be used, but if u come on a slower poke that can't hurt u much it's pretty much gg, since a hitmonchan behind a sub is so scary, i mean even pokes that resist eat a 164 BP move, also i was playing cat one day and he got 3 CP's with his clefable, i switched hitmonchan used FP and it did 94%!!!!! i mean hitmonlee did only 33% with his CC to the same clefable which had 1 CP, so he seriously is a *****, he can wreck havock if played well, and he really is underrated

Statigar
08-22-2008, 08:09 AM
i'd say it goes on BL for now. It may hae awesome power, but its not as popular as most OU pokemon.

i am cool
08-22-2008, 04:52 PM
yeah that's why i said bl/ou , but i build a team around it in ou and it net's me a lot of wins rofl

Farmer
08-23-2008, 07:38 AM
Claydol ??? dont say ip it can take it just find and wheezing

cat
08-23-2008, 02:02 PM
it cant take EVERYTHING farmer, but thats why you have 5 other pokemon on your team. i would say he could work well with a glaceon, or jinx or something, a strong STAB Ice move, possibly specs, to hit grounds and flyings harded than he could.

i am cool
08-23-2008, 05:14 PM
u know claydol takes 46% from fp and then ice punch fnishes him off right? and weezing takes 40% from fp and ice punch finishes it off as well..... so u see how broken he is in uu