PDA

View Full Version : Golden Times

Statigar
08-22-2008, 04:34 PM
So guys, you've all been around on many pokemon forums, and have been battling in tournaments etc for such along time. When was your "golden time" when playing Pokemon or visiting forums.

Mine would have to be the time of Shadow Mew.
I know some of you guys liked the Summer of 2007 on Marrilag.

So when was your golden age?

i am cool
08-22-2008, 04:56 PM
when my uber stall team was against an uber bp team and the recipinat for the player was a mewtwo, it didn't have + in any stat point but it had +6 in it's defences,so i switch my giratina ice beam does min damage and if it did avg i would have lost cause i wouldn't have burned mewtwo making him take 24% each turn, so mewtwo was down and the rest of his pokes had no atacking moves so i just switch and i win

Slash_Assassin2
08-22-2008, 05:10 PM
Well my best time was the Pokemon Battle Revolution launch tournament at my local Gamestop. At the time, I had no ideas about EV's or anything, so I went in with a 4 man team of Charizard, Lugia, Umbreon, and Machamp. In the Quarterfinals match, it came down to Charizard vs Mewtwo. Charizard took 2 Psychic's and responded to knock out Mewtwo and stun everyone in the store with one Heat Wave. I placed 3rd in the tournament. I wish they didn't allow ubers, because the winner of the tournament had an all uber team and everyone hated him for it lmao. Good times, good times.

Gaara of The Funk
08-22-2008, 05:18 PM
My golden times were back when my old site was actually cool. I was the admin for an old pokemon league that ended up dying as more and more people got disenchanted from pokemon. Understandably so, after a while every game loses its luster. Recently, I tried reviving it only to have some ex members revolt on me, and ended up with me IP Banning myself from the site, not wanting to deal with any of them anymore. xDD But yeah, those were good times. Eheh.

Statigar
09-07-2008, 04:38 PM
All the sites died eventually. Only strong holds survived.

Snypar
09-07-2008, 05:24 PM
Near the end of January when I started spamming everywhere and stuff, Then got banned and had like 10 alts, Yep great times. 8)

zod
09-07-2008, 05:32 PM
My highlite i guess was battling you statigar for the first time :D You were the one that made me go on the forums and make me be more active on teamuber. I thank you for doing that. <3

Statigar
09-07-2008, 05:41 PM
<3

you were a newbie, now a coolbie!

nitnit
09-08-2008, 12:26 AM
Probably when I almost got marriland shut down by random internet "hackers" for making the greatest pokemon clan ever in that site's history.

DaPlayaFlow
09-08-2008, 12:36 AM
Back when i was pwnage trainer so like December of 2007.. good times

nitnit
09-08-2008, 12:37 AM
I was pwnage trainer as well, in November I think? Then dour kicked me off his team for winning too much. good times, good times.

Farmer
09-08-2008, 01:05 AM
I was pwnage trainer as well, in November I think? Then dour kicked me off his team for winning too much. good times, good times.

I was a pwnage trainer for such a short amount of time <_<.

DaPlayaFlow
09-10-2008, 02:38 AM
my bad

i am cool
09-10-2008, 02:38 AM
someone delete this post

DaPlayaFlow
09-10-2008, 02:42 AM
i am cool stop complaining about everyone all the time.. its is why people do stuff like that, man up and stop being a little *****

Blackout
09-12-2008, 10:44 PM
Me + Stevo= Raped on YouTube

EDDiE
09-23-2008, 12:18 AM
So guys, you've all been around on many pokemon forums, and have been battling in tournaments etc for such along time. When was your "golden time" when playing Pokemon or visiting forums.

Mine would have to be the time of Shadow Mew.
I know some of you guys liked the Summer of 2007 on Marrilag.

So when was your golden age?Same.
I miss Shadow Mew.=[
Also Pokemon Diamond Chat,Electicario,and Pokemon Never Endz.

Carlo1003
09-23-2008, 12:39 PM
summer of 2007 on marriland ^^

ikke
09-23-2008, 02:44 PM
when I was still on serebii getting worshipped by every player there. xD
Black Blizard should remember that time, it was when he first started competative, I made pokemon less fun for him which I'm sorry about now.

Statigar
09-26-2008, 08:26 PM
when I was still on serebii getting worshipped by every player there. xD
Black Blizard should remember that time, it was when he first started competative, I made pokemon less fun for him which I'm sorry about now.
I swear I battled you once on serebii. I used to go there to 6-0 noobs. Then when I battled you I lost :/

Eternal
09-26-2008, 08:32 PM
I 6-0'd all the serebii n00bs at that time. Some of them just break sleep claues and stuff. O_O

Fantine
09-27-2008, 06:54 AM
my golden age when i was 16 in august of 2005. my sister won a trip to san diego for placing 3rd in the tcg. since my brother and i were there we decided to try to grind in on firday night for a chance to win a spot in worlds the next day. i was in the masters division (15+) so i knew my chances of making 8/ 500 were slim and i wouldn't be able to lose any matches. btw i was TERRIBLE at the tcg. like i never placed in any event ever.

anyways the week before the guy who placed 2nd at worlds hooked me up with a turn 2 black snake. and i some how made it in! :)

not only that but my brother made it in too! :o

so my brother in 11-14, sister in 10-under and i in 15+ played in the pokemon tcg world championships on saturday.

there were i think 9 rounds and i only lost 2 of my matches meaning that i placed for once in my life and it was at worlds!

not only did i place top 32 but so did my brother. so we were beastsssssssss.

on sunday we went to go play in top 32 and i win because i am amazing (it was best 2/3 btw) and my brother wins too!

woot woot we are on a roll. then i get paired up against a japanese player playing a lame boring deck so i kill him. but being the nub i was i decked myself so he wins the first match. and i am a huge noob because the same thing happens 2nd round. ugggggh. so he wins. but i get a $1000 scholarship thanks to pokes :)

oh and my brother ended in top 16 too.