http://www.pokebeach.com/images/gallery/sugimori/407.png

ChoiceRade @ Choice Specs/Choice Scarf
Timid : Natural Cure
4 HP, 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Speed
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]/[Ice]
- Sludge Bomb
- Energy Ball/Weather Ball/Shadow Ball

Specs Roserade is easily one of the most power Special Attacking pokemon in the game of Pokemon. Roserade's speed is mediocre but it can sure pack a punch when used correctly. The fourth move on Roserade can be three different things in particular. Energy Ball for the STAB and another option aside from Leaf Storm to avoid the attack drop. Weather Ball, not really my favorite as a fourth move but it's possible. Shadow Ball, the most common and most deadly. Shadow Ball cripples Cress, Gengars, Mismagius's, Starmie, and a whole lot more pokes. Specs Roserade isn't a poke to be taken lightly.

The Choice Scarf set applies to the above options. Still go with Timid to outspeed big threats like ScarfChomp. Many Scarf Gengard run 304 speed to outspeeds the likes of just Scarf Chomp. Hidden power [Ice] can be subbed over Hidden Power [Fire] for Dragon type purposes. Other then that, no big changes should be made.

PowderRade @ Life Orb/Wise Glasses
4 HP, 252 Sp. Atk
- Sleep Powder
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb/Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Pretty simple set ehre. Meant for the sole purpose of putting the opponent to sleep, and then stroking either the sleeping pokemon or the pokemon coming in with a powerful special attack. The third slot can be used for STAB Sludge Bomb, or Shadow Ball. I prefer Shadow Ball on Roserade at all times because it provides great coverage. This set is rather simple. No need for a big explanation.

SleepSpikeRade @ Wide Lens/Life Orb/Wise Glasses
4 HP, 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Speed
- Sleep Powder
- Toxic Spikes
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]/Sludge Bomb/Shadow Ball

Probably the most common Roserade set used. Makes a great lead, has a lot of power and can be dangerous in three big ways. 1) Puts the opponent to sleep. 2) Once the opponent is asleep, you can get off toxic spikes. 3) Roserade has great special attack and if might have an idea on what the switch might be, go for the Leaf Storm for big damage. This set is another simple, easy to use set.

SubSeedRade @ Leftovers/Miracle Seed
252 HP, 4 Sp. Atk, 252 Speed
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Growth/Hidden Power [Fire]/[Ice]
- Energy Ball

A very nice set, one of the most common pokemon used is Swampert which gives Roserade a nice excuse to set up and gain a big advantage. Growth to power up Special Attack, Hidden Power tot ake down big weaknesses. Energy Ball for STAB. Pretty simple, great set to use.

Other possible moveset options
A weather set could be used, but using that set could be a risk and Roserade simply doesn't have the deffenses to withstand many attacks.

Counters

Well, like every single pokemon used in gameplay can kill Roserade. It isn't that hard lol. Roserade's defense isn't very good. If it gets outspeeded it's going to die. Roserade is fragile, but it's also easy to use. Main threats are Dugtrio, Garchomp, Starmie, Salamence......you get where im going...

Feel free to critique and what not. (guide originally made by Stone)

Snypar
08-22-2008, 07:59 PM
Are you just copy and pasting other people. >_>

Strype McClaine
08-22-2008, 08:06 PM
Are you just copy and pasting other people. >_>

Yesh, he is.

Statigar
08-22-2008, 08:08 PM
lol. We almost have 100 analysis posts =D

Just wanted to speed up the process :)

Blackout
08-22-2008, 10:37 PM
I don't think that counts <_< LOL

and so many new analysis' and people makes me so happy, I can't even keep up with them :cry: *tears of joy*