Shaymin@Choice Specs
Natural Cure
Modest (+SpA, -Att)
EV's: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

-Seed Flare
-Hidden Power Fire/Ice/Ground
-Psychic
-Rest/Grass Knot/Hyper Beam

Specs Seed Flare should never be taken lightly. As an example, after a couple of SR switch-ins it 2HKO's standard Bronzong without the Special Defence drop. If it got the Special Def drop it could 2HKO at full health and seeing as the drop happens 40% of the time, so you don't have to be that lucky.
Hidden Power Fire boasts the best coverage but Ice and Ground are good for hitting Dragons and Steels (most notably Heatran) respectively.
Psychic is helpful for Gengar, Infirnape and Heracross Switch-in's but it's mostly there because Shaymin has such a crappy movepool there was no other choice.
The last slot is a bit up to choice. Rest allows you to recharge this little powerhouse, Grass Knot is for when you run out of Seed Flare PP and Hyper Beam is for uber damage and is really you best bet for taking care of Salamence and Dragonite without Hidden Power Ice.
This set could also work with a Scarf, but will probably not yield as high results.

Shaymin the Team Player
Shaymin@Leftovers
Natural Cure
Bold (+Def, -Att)
EV's: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe

-Seed Flare/Grass Knot
-Rest
-Aromatherapy
-Leech Seed/Grasswhistle/Hidden Power Fire

We take a step back here with the use of Shaymin's other quality which is Aromatherapy. Shaymin uses it very nicely and can wake your pokemon up, get the burn off your non-Guts Physical sweeper, the Paralysis off your frail speedy sweeper and the poison off your wall. The rest of the moveset is fairly self-explanatory. Seed Flare for some damage although you might want to go for Grass Knot for more PP and better accuracy. Rest for some staying power and works nicely with Natural Cure. The last slot is for doing what you want, Leech Seed because it's an excellent move, Grasswhistle for some sleep support although you do need to watch out for the terrible accuracy (55%) and Hidden Power Fire is for the ability to hit more things.

Sub-Seeder
Shaymin@Leftovers
Natural Cure
Timid (+Spe, -Att)
EV's: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe

-Leech Seed
-Substitute
-Seed Flare
-Hidden Power Fire/Protect

You may say Sceptile, Breloom or Venusaur are better at this for various reasons but if you do, you're forgetting about Seed Flare's pure awesome Factor. With its ability to Drop the foe's Special Defence by 2 stages even something bulky wanting to come in and stall you out will be worrying about being KO'd. This set is very scared of Scizor threatening with a U-Turn so Hidden Power Fire is the first choice for the last slot but if you want massive Sub-Seed fun Protect is always a useful option.

Sunny Day?
Shaymin@Leftovers/Heat Rock
Natural Cure
Timid (+Spe, -Att)
EV's: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

-Sunny Day
-Solar Beam
-Hidden Power Fire/Ground/Fighting
-Synthesis

Yeah this isn't the best idea for Shaymin but I guess it could work and it's the only way to show that Shaymin learns Synthesis.
The only thing variable here is the Hidden Power. While Fire does provide good coverage and gets the Sunny Day boost it will also activate the incoming Heatran's Flash Fire effectively doubling it's already stupidly powerful fire attacks. That's why you can opt for Hidden Power Ground or Fighting so that it can't do that. Ground hits Heatran and Magnezone harder but misses Skarmory completely whereas HP fighting hits the other 2 for some less powerful super effective damage but can still hit Skamory and some of its flying friends.

EV's
Due to Shaymin's rounded stats you can feel free to just boost the stats you need most. Maxing out the Special Attack and Speed is a must on the Specs set and a Timid nature is viable too if you want the jump on neutral natured Salamence and friends. Max HP is needed for the middle 2 sets to work effectively and the Sup Seeder will always need max speed.

Opinion
Shaymin is quite overlooked due to it forever being compared to Celebi but it has some very nice things over the little green fairy. Seed Flare is the obvious one, but not having a 4x weakness to Bug is also very nice due to the ever-common U-turn doing half the damage.

Counters
Heatran is the perfect counter. It can come in on anything (except maybe Leech Seed of the possible Hidden Power Ground) and possibly get a flash fire boost from Hidden Power Fire and destroy little Shaymin.
Skarmory and Salamence (provided a lack of Hidden Power Ice) are also good options due to the 4x Grass resist and Skarmory can also whirlwind away Sub Seeding Shaymin's Subs.

Statigar
08-23-2008, 08:01 AM
Wow, you're on a roll! And you sure know your stuff about shaymin. LOLz, i remember when you used Seedflare in our battle, and KOd my chomp in 1 hit.

Spannertastic
08-23-2008, 08:17 AM
Wow, you're on a roll! And you sure know your stuff about shaymin. LOLz, i remember when you used Seedflare in our battle, and KOd my chomp in 1 hit.

haha, yeah. Never underestimate Shaymin when it's angry. ^^

p.s. being hungover + having nothing I need to do = More analysis.

Statigar
08-23-2008, 08:58 AM
=) Have more parties and drink more Alcohol!!!

Spannertastic
08-23-2008, 09:04 AM
=) Have more parties and drink more Alcohol!!!

I don't think I need telling twice there. There'll be at least one of these days in every seven ^_^