Donphan @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EV Spread: 252hp/4atk/252def
Impish Nature (+Def, -Sp.Atk)
-Rapid Spin
-Earthquake
-Ice Shard
-Stealth Rock / Knock Off / Roar

Standard Donphan as everybody knows it. Earthquake Gives is your main form of attack. Ice shard is good for killing things of and gets you a nice attacking combination together with earthquake. Rapid Spin to spin away entry hazards. The last slot is Open for many things, knock off, stealthrock and roar are all viable options it all depends on what your team really needs.

Choice Banded
Donphan @ choice Band
Ev Spread: 252hp/252atk/4def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -Sp.atk)
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Ice Shard
-Rapid Spin / Fire Fang

The best reason to use choice band on donphan is this: Nobody will expect it. Earthquake for reliable STAB primarily. Stone Edge coverage and Ice shard to kill off things almost dead and to give dragons trouble. The last slot is mainly filler but firefang can do alot of damage to things like roserade and rapid spin is welcome on every team if space. You need 20 speed IV's to outrun standard mixpert, and 31 speed IV's/84speed EV's to outrun impish varient's. With 120 base attack and Choice band nothing can switch in safely to donphan. Usualy Special attackers will try to switch into donphan and kill it with something like grass knot, Most special attackers being weak defensivly will take a huge amount of damage from any move donphan will throw at them.

Rest-Talk
Donphan @ Leftovers
EV Spread: 252hp/4atk/252def
Impish Nature (+Def, -Sp.Atk)
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Earthquake
-Ice Shard

This Donphan focuses on physical walling. Too bad donphan is one of those walls with no reliable recovery and has to resort to rest or wish passing to get any recovery. Ice shard might seem weird on a sleep talking set because it negates the priority but if it's awake it will be of great help.

FEAR
Donphan @ Focus Sash
Abilty: Sturdy
EV Spread: N/A
whatever Nature
-Endavour
-Ice Shard
-N/A
-N/A

The best user for the fear tactic. not expected easily and imune to sandstorm so sandstorm won't ruin your fun. Evs and Nature dont matter because you don't need to use it anyway. The last to slots are empty because you wont use them anyway. The strategy here is to let you opponont OHKO you but hang on with focus sash and endavour there *** to the same HP you're on opponont. Ice shard to finish him.

Opinion
Donphan is a great pokemon but overall it's outclassed by Hippowdon, the only thing it has over it is slight increased attack and rapid spin, no realiable recovery hurts it too.

Counters
Fast Special attackers like Azelf can switch in on earthquake and grass knot it to an early grave, they need to watch out for stone edges from CB variant's.

Strype McClaine
08-23-2008, 11:18 PM
I don't actualy want to apply that much thought to the donphan....but are their any other sets possible?

Even though, band, wall, spinner...is pritty much what its best for?

Beyond that, looks pritty standard.

The Shadow Projekt
08-24-2008, 03:02 AM
I don't actualy want to apply that much thought to the donphan....but are their any other sets possible?

Even though, band, wall, spinner...is pritty much what its best for?

Beyond that, looks pritty standard.

Strype I really liked your last avatar, btw yeah I agree with Strype 100% in the fact that you did a good job.

ikke
08-24-2008, 10:55 AM
thanks guys, I'll add a new set.

EDIT: Added a novelty fear set xD

soccerforward29
08-24-2008, 11:59 PM
FEAR set is ******. If your gonna do it, do it with little phan. Also, make a scarf set, and a counter set.