PDA

View Full Version : Wigglytuff Analysis

The Shadow Projekt
08-24-2008, 02:48 AM
Wigglytuff

http://pokemon.supercheats.com/artwork/40.png

Typing: Normal

Ability:

Cute Charm: Has a 30% chance of inducing Infatuation on an opposing gender Pokemon that attacks this Pokemon with physical contact.

Double Status + Counter

Wigglytuff @ Leftovers
Ability: Cute Charm
EV's: 32 HP / 224 Def. / 252 Sp.Def.
Nature: Impish (+ Def, - Sp.Atk.)
- Sing
- Thunder Wave
- Counter
- Seismic Toss

One of Wigglytuff's many options for a decent set. You can use Sing or Thunder Wave for possible Status inflictions. Counter snags a surprise KO while Seismic Toss Wither's all foes (except Ghosties) HP down 100 points per turn. (Assuming you are doing level 100 battles.)

Team Support

Wigglytuff @ Leftovers
- Stealth Rock
- Reflect / Light Screen
- Seismic Toss / Protect
- Wish

A Wigglytuff that would remind you of Ike, why? It fights for it's friends by setting up the deadly Stealth Rock and helping shield incoming attacks with Reflect or Light Screen and give teammates some much needed HP with Wish. This particular puffball can rack up damage with Seismic Toss or Protect to stall a turn for Leftovers gain and possibly recieve it's own Wish.

Tuff with Band

Wigglytuff @ Choice Band
EV's: 252 Atk. / 148 Def. / 108 Sp.Def.
Nature: Adamant (+ Atk, - Sp.Atk.)
- Body Slam / Return / Double-Edge
- Brick Break / Drain Punch / Focus Punch
- Ice Punch
- Thunderpunch

You don't wanna mess with this beast. It will hit you with a massive Attack Stat of 393 thanks to Choice Band. It has quite the movepool to smack you around with too.

Pick between Body Slam or Return for the arguement of Power vs Status, Double-Edge for hopes of OHKO'ing a really annoying foe of trying to snag that final hit FTW. CB Brick Break's even put a decent dent in the massive pink blob Blissey (If you had the balls to use Wigglytuff in OU.) Drain Punch could help replenish long lost HP especially against other Normals, Darks, Rocks, and Steels. Ice and Thunderpunch gives you a physical "Bolt-Beam" coverage that is feared amonst all but Lanturn.

Shoop-Da-Tuff

Wigglytuff @ Choice Specs
EV's: 148 Def. / 252 Sp.Atk. / 108 Sp.Def.
Nature: Modest (+ Sp.Atk., - Atk.)
- Hyper Voice / Ice Beam / Hyper Beam
- Thunderbolt / Ice Beam / Charge Beam
- Shadow Ball / Psychic / Flamethrower / Fire Blast
- Focus Blast / HP [Fighting]

"Imma Firing Mah Laz0r" Said Wigglytuff before it sends you to the next world. Seeing as how Wigglytuff has a slightly higher Special Attack Stat Choice Specs brings Wigglytuff's Special Attack up to a beastly 409.5. Fellow UU's beware.

Hyper Voice or Ice Beam is a debate concerning coverage or STAB. Thunderbolt or Charge Beam to Electric coverage or Ice Beam if you want STAB and Dragon coverage. Shadow Ball to take care of those pesky ghosties, Psychic for Fighting types, and Flamethrower or Fire Blast or Steels. Focus Blast or HP Fighting is a simple arguement of Accuracy vs Power.

Life Orb Mix-Tuff

Wigglytuff @ Life Orb
EV's: 32 HP / 252 Atk. / 224 Sp.Atk.
Nature: Brave (+ Atk, - Spd.) / Quiet (+ Sp.Atk, - Spd.)
- Drain Punch / Brick Break / Focus Blast
- Ice Beam / Ice Punch
- Thunderbolt / Thunderpunch
- Body Slam / Return / Hyper Voice / Flamethrower / Fire Blast

A tad more frail than the other sets but it hits incredibly hard. (Considering it's looks.) This set is meant to take full advantage of its incredible movepool, as I have listed only some of the incredibly massive amount of options this thing has.

Drain Punch can replenish lost HP due to Life Orb, while Brick Break provides more power, and Focus Blast hits Fighting from the Special side. Ice Beam and Punch have same coverage but Beam has more power and isn't reducable through Intimidate, same goes with Thunderbolt / Punch. Body Slam and Return is for Physical STAB, Hyper Voice for Special STAB, and Flamethrower or Fire Blast for Fire Coverage.

Sub-Punch

Wigglytuff @ Leftovers
EV's: 12 HP / 252 Atk. / 160 Def. / 84 Spd.
Nature: Adamant (+ Atk, - Sp.Atk.)
- Sing / Wish / Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Body Slam / Return / Shadow Ball

"FALCON PAWNCH" said Wigglytuff to Blissey. Yup another Sub-Punch set. (Expect one with every poke that can learn Focus Punch + Substitute and has over base 100 HP.) Even without HP EV's it has more than enough to make Subs unbreakable by Seismic Toss. The reason for the HP EV's is it gives it a number divisible by 4, making 106 HP subs. (They aren't mandatory.) The Speed EV's make it so it can outrun the pink blob if it doesn't have any Speed EV's.

Sing to Induce Sleep giving you time to make a Sub. Focus Punch is for amazing power and with an Attack Stat of 262 Focus Punch would hurt even from this puffball. Body Slam to Paralyze also making it easier to use Substitute, Return for more powerful STAB, but Shadow Ball is there so you don't get walled by Ghosties.

Your Worst Nightmare

Wigglytuff @ Leftovers / Life Orb
- Sing
- Dream Eater
- Wake-up Slap
- Seismic Toss / Shadow Ball

Welcome to the gimmick set provided by yours truly. This will put whatever you can Sing to sleep or Rest-Talkers in their rightful place.

Dream-Eater helps against sleeping fighting types (Rest-Talking Machamp anyone.) as well as fill up your HP. (Which is why I made Life Orb a possible option.) Wake-up Slap gets base 120 power on sleepy heads and also foils their Sleep-Talk. (If you go first.) It also smacks the hell out of the pink blob Blissey. Seismic Toss is listed for consistent damage while Shadow Ball provides extra coverage and punishes incoming Ghosties if you think they wanna avoid Wake-up Slap.

Other Options

Gyro Ball: Is a decent option considering Wigglytuff is very slow.

Grass Knot: If foes like Swampert, Quagsire, Whiscash, Gastrodon, and Lanturn really bother you.

Thunder: If you want to use this fella in or against a rain team or just dislike Thunderbolt's power.

Dig: Wigglytuff's only ground attack outside of Hidden Power. Also usable vs. foes without Earthquake.

Toxic: With such high HP it could be an effective Toxi-Staller.

Water Pulse: For a Water Special attack that can also induce Confusion.

*Icy Wind*: A little gift for the Tuffster thanks to the Platinum Move Tutor. Granted Ice Beam and Punch do more damage but Icy Wind will make foes as slow or slower than the Inflatable rabbit of fury.

*Bounce*: Another Platinum Move Tutor option worth considering only because of the 30% paralysis rate.

Counters

Virtually any Fighting type pokemon serves as a counter versus the puffball. Even with Wigglytuff's HP it wont enjoy taking STAB fighting attacks.

Lantrun and Blissey along with virtually any other Special wall not x4 weak to any of Wigglytuff's attacks stops most attacking sets cold as well. But Blissey better watch out for the Sub-Puncher or CB sets as 1 on 1 Wiggly will always win that fight.

Opinion

It's a seriously underrated pokemon with decent attacking stats and an incredible movepool. But the sluggish Speed kinda stirrs you away.

Spannertastic
08-24-2008, 03:24 AM
Nice work TSP, this thing has about a billion options and I think you named the ones someone would actually consider using.

Keep it up ^^

The Shadow Projekt
08-24-2008, 03:26 AM
Nice work TSP, this thing has about a billion options and I think you named the ones someone would actually consider using.

Keep it up ^^

That's what I do best. ^_^

Pimplup
08-24-2008, 03:30 AM
Great sets, keep it up, you now gave me a reason to use Tuff ;) .

The Shadow Projekt
08-24-2008, 03:30 AM

I'll only feel acomplished if it replaced Garchomp on your team. :wink:

Pimplup
08-24-2008, 03:33 AM

I'll only feel acomplished if it replaced Garchomp on your team. :wink:
It has much more options ;) . BTW, can you look at my analysis, bottom of the last post. Maybe you can help...

Blackout
08-24-2008, 03:53 AM
Other sites are gonna be copying and pasting this analysis.

Your best work yet. I'm actually gonna use Wigglytuff now.

Zeus
08-24-2008, 04:16 AM
Win 8-)

***** for TSP

The Shadow Projekt
08-24-2008, 04:19 AM
Win 8-)

***** for TSP

Lol we need more of your analysis's Zeus. 8-)

Statigar
08-24-2008, 02:45 PM
Other sites copying and pasting :O

Well, im keeping this section locked to Guests. We'll sue the bastards who do :P

Excellent work as always :D

ikke
08-24-2008, 03:09 PM
a wigglytuff you might consider

wigglystall
wigglytuff @ Leftovers
Ability: cute charm
EV Spread: 4hp/252def/252sp.def
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
-Protect
-Wish
-Toxic
-Seismic toss

Wigglytuff's defenses are pretty low but his HP is amazing so you can divide EV's between the defenses while Keeping a high HP. This Set Abuses Protect, Geting Healing with wish and slowly wearing your opponont down with toxic. If you don't need to heal and your opponont is already poisoned you can try Seismic tossing them for 100HP damage on them.

The Shadow Projekt
08-24-2008, 05:55 PM

wigglystall
wigglytuff @ Leftovers
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
-Protect
-Wish
-Toxic
-Seismic toss

Wigglytuff's defenses are pretty low but his HP is amazing so you can divide EV's between the defenses while Keeping a high HP. This Set Abuses Protect, Geting Healing with wish and slowly wearing your opponont down with toxic. If you don't need to heal and your opponont is already poisoned you can try Seismic tossing them for 100HP damage on them.

I was going to do a Toxi-Stall Tuff but by the time I had got finished with mking an analysis with the movepool Wigglytuff had I was done with the thing in general. Also the EV Spread 32 HP / 224 Def. / 252 Sp.Def. Is "better" according to Smogon as with that it can live any 1 Physical hit. Making Counter an excellent move on Wigglytuff.

ikke
08-24-2008, 06:26 PM

wigglystall
wigglytuff @ Leftovers
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
-Protect
-Wish
-Toxic
-Seismic toss

I was going to do a Toxi-Stall Tuff but by the time I had got finished with mking an analysis with the movepool Wigglytuff had I was done with the thing in general. Also the EV Spread 32 HP / 224 Def. / 252 Sp.Def. Is "better" according to Smogon as with that it can live any 1 Physical hit. Making Counter an excellent move on Wigglytuff.
smogon says alot of things... =p
other wise good job (forgot to say it in my last post :oops: )

The Shadow Projekt
10-09-2008, 09:01 AM
Updated with Platinum Moves.

As shown above with *'s around them.

xXxAngelxXx
10-19-2008, 12:01 AM
Gj. You finally showed what my favoritelil wall can do.

Wigglypower
11-01-2008, 05:19 PM
Yay atleast sum1s giving wiggly sum love besides meh ^_^