PDA

View Full Version : Zangoose Analsyis

Strype McClaine
08-26-2008, 07:23 PM
[I've changed my format a little, tell me if you like it.]

http://veekun.com/dex-images/sugimori/335.png

Zangoose - A family riveley worth fighting about.

First Glance
Zangoose is a stylish Pokémon, the mortal foe of a certain snake, a man with big sharp pointy claws, a good move pool, has a great attack stat, a good ability, and rather speedy. What does this sound like? If you said Garchomp…well your right, sadly…beyond that I'd say tarous does the same job but better, and both are over saturated in awesome style points.

Ability
Immunity - Immune to Poison
Only one choice but lets face it, that’s not bad. Better than wevile getting something silly like pressure.

I'm not left-handed either.
Zangoose @ Life Orb / Silk Scarf / Leftovers
Jolly
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
• Return
• Close Combat
• Quick Attack / Shadow Claw / Fire Punch
• Swords Dance

The only other poke I feel comfortable with that joke, is gallade, and since that was taken, well princess bride reference away! Show off your fantastic dueling prowess with a little attack boost, then show why you are the dread pirate zangoose. The moves, are pretty obvious. I don’t recommend quick attack, but that’s your call, CC, shadow claw, and return, is pretty good coverage.

Ricky-Ticky-Tavy
Zangoose @ Focus Sash / Salac Berry
Jolly
• Flail
• Close Combat / Shadow Claw
• Shadow Claw / Fire Punch / Quick Attack
• Swords Dance / Quick Attack

Reversal Lucario meet the snake killer. This zangoose you can snuggle up to in your lovely British colonial home in India, while it protects you in the night from evil sevipers. Please, you know how this stratigy tends to work, you get you boost up, you take the hit, and then you attempt to place your claws through the skulls of snakes, the other moves are for coverage and or priority. Salac berry flail is also a great option here, but I don’t think it merits another set, but that’s just my decision. If you want to run berry, then remember Subsutite &endure are both your friends, but seriously, just watch out for tyranatars when you run sets like this, they do flat out beat you all day.

Canadian zanGooose
Zangoose @ Choice Scarf / Choice Band
Adamant / Jolly

• Return
• Close Combat
• Shadow Claw
• Fire Punch / Ice Punch / Quick Attack

What's this eh? A choice set? You hose head, it had to be done. So pick your move and take off eh.
If your using the choice took that makes you stronger, you probly want to conceder quick attack. With stabb that hurts quite a bit eh? Pick what covers your problems better eh? Then take off.

"Holy ****, it's Maverick and Goose."
Zangoose @Life Orb
Naughty
252 Atk / 4 Hp / 252 Spe

• Swords Dance
• Return/Quick Attack
• Shadow Claw / Close Combat
• Fire Blast / Flame thrower / Thunderbolt

This is my personal top gun, a zangoose with goodness gracious great balls of fire. while skarm will gladly bend over a 2hko from a sd'd firepunch, why, when you can scare the **** out of that bird with a healthy dose of fire/electricity. While the fire moves are awesome and fits the move reference I am making, t-bolt should work a wee bit better, as it also nukes the hell out of gyrados's 4x weakness. Surprise, it’s a zangoose that watched chain chomp a little.

Aviator Glasses
Zangoose@Choice Specs/Life Orb
Modest / Timid
252 Special Attack / 252 Speed / 4 Hp

• Ice Beam/Blizzard
• Thunder Bolt/Thunder
• Flame thrower/Fire Blast
• Focus Blast / Giga Drain / Quick Attack / Swift

It had to be done. This is a zangoose who is so confident in being awesome he decided to use his decent special attacking move pool to deal out damage, I like throwing quick attack on here, because it still can do a quick clean up with a decent attack, even with a nature drop. Power or accuracy? That’s pritty much the story of this goose. Take your pick.

Other Options
I hate to say "I think I have exhausted every good set" but…"I think I have exhausted every good set." Night Slash, Shadow Claw, and X-Scisor all are verry good options to consider. Shadow claw is listed mostly for less resistances, but if you want more SE hits, consider X-Scissor, as it defiantly takes out people named celebi, and has a little better base damage. Night slash is illegal with any elemental punch. Pursuit is also, a damned good option, consider it too. If you really fear heracross, then areal ace is your man.

Shineplz
12-26-2008, 12:03 AM
Hmmm. Thunderpunch came out with the release of plat, which would help against Gyara a LOT better than Fire Punch.