PDA

View Full Version : The team thats got me on a winning streak......[RMT]

Chezzy
09-14-2008, 10:05 AM
I love that team but 1 pokemon that actually works is Clefable with the magic guard ability because it isnt hit by an damage other than normal offensive attacks. It's doesn't lose health from any status problem, Stealth Rock or spikes.

252 HP / 152 Def / 104 SpA
Calm Mind
Thunder Bolt
Ice Beam
Soft Boiled

Thunderbolt and Ice Beam is moderately effective on everything except dedicated special sponges, Magnezone, Lanturn, and Shedinja. Sadly Clefable doesn't get STAB on any special move worth using. Softboiled and the defensive EVs make it pretty easy for you to Calm Mind up. You can't even get hurt by Toxic and such because of Magic Guard. While Leftovers would be the obvious choice for this tankish set, Life Orb is a very good choice as Magic Guard negates its recoil damage. Sandstorm and Hail don't hurt Clefable either, so that takes away the two main reasons why so many other Pokémon usually are too afraid of using it.

Alternatively, you can use Focus Blast and Shadow Ball as your attacks. Nothing resists both of them, and Focus Blast can 2HKO Blissey after 3 Calm Minds and when holding Life Orb. Its accuracy and PP are low though.

Milos
09-14-2008, 04:06 PM
umm can u tell me the nature and item that the clefable has???

and btw thank you

i am cool
09-14-2008, 04:21 PM
life orb, since it takes no damage from lo damage thx to magic guard, very nice chezzy, very very nice, two thumbs up, thx for your help.