Jumpluff@Leftovers
Chlorophyll
Jolly (+Spe, -SpA)
EV's: 188 Def / 68 SpD / 252 Spe

-Encore
-Sleep Powder
-Leech Seed
-Substitute

Simple and effective. Jumpluff has one thing that puts it above others when it comes to Sub-Seeding: Encore. The idea is to switch into an obvious set-up move, encore it then proceed to put the foe to sleep and sap its health away with Leech seed. Jumpluff's excellent speed is really helpful here and although it's not quite up to Sceptile's standard it gets encore which is awesome. Imagine encoring Stealth Rock on Bronzong allowing you an easy free sub on the switch and therefore an easy sleep on the entering pokemon and immunity to status (Note: Jumpluff hates Paralysis).
The EV's allow for your HP points to be as strong as they can be to get the most out of Leech Seed and gives you well-rounded defences while maxing that impressive 110 speed. The speed allows you to tie with non-scarf Gengar and friends.
U-turn and Aerial Ace are options over Encore but they shove Jumpluff in the "inferior Sceptile or Breloom" column. Sleep Powder is an inferior version of Breloom's amazing Spore and although Breloom doesn't have the speed it's still enough to make it the stand-out choice. Sceptile on the other hand, tops Jumpluff's Speed but doesn't have a sleep inducing option, It's good Attacking stats allow it a spot over our weedy friend though.
With encore Jumpluff stands alone and with base 55 attacking stats and the ability to sub on predicted switch's, U-turn and Aerial ace won't really be missed.

The leading Dealer
Jumpluff@Focus Sash
Chlorophyll
Jolly (+Spe, -SpA)
EV's: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe

-U-turn
-Encore
-Protect
-Momento

This is a little set I devised to help get a free switch for a Gluttony Linoone Belly Drum Sweep or a Spore Smeargle set-up, even a Bellyzard. This is all thanks to Momento. The other moves are for helping you so get the Momento off at the right time. Protect is for scouting but beware of Stealth Rock. Encore is for predicting the Stealth Rock of a Speedy poke like Deoxys, Aerodactyl and Azelf or just for Encoring one from Bronzong or Swampert after the Protect. You can then U-turn out for the free switch-in to something wanting to set-up or to counter the opponent's switch. if something is wanting to just take you out then out can allow that, activate the sash, and Momento them to cause a guaranteed switch for your next Pokemon allowing a potential sweep.

Wall!? Of what, Opium Poppies?
Jumpluff@Leftovers
Chlorophyll
Careful (+SpD, -SpA)
EV's: 252 HP / 100 Def / 56 SpD

-Reflect
-Substitute/Amnesia
-Toxic
-Synthesis

This is a gimmick that looks like it could work… On paper. The idea is to come in on a special attack not named Ice Beam and Reflect on the switch to a Physical attacker. You can then attempt to stall with Toxic, Substitute and Synthesis. Amnesia is mentioned mostly to note that Jumpluff can learn it but also because it allows it to tank special hits relatively well, If you choose to use it, swap to an Impish nature and max out your Defence leaving 4 in Special Defence. This means you have to get the Amnesia in early and lack the ability to switch into Special Attacks as well but with Reflect, you can tank a lot more that you think on the Physical side. Beware though, the lack of Substitute leaves you open to status.

Other Options
You may notice the lack of any attacking sets. This is because they don’t work with base 55 attacking stats. Even with Swords Dance that Jumpluff learns and an Adamant nature with maxed out EV’s Jumpluff will still struggle to OHKO anything and nothing will struggle to OHKO it. By all means try one but it doesn’t deserve a spot on this analysis because it’s reserved for sets you might actually consider. This also goes for special sets like a “Sunny-Beamer”.
On the other hand it does have some more support options that could use a mention:

Stun Spore – This can work well alongside Sleep Powder for some double status and can cripple anything switching in that’s faster than ‘pluff.

Worry Seed – Can be nice for stopping Rest on pokemon if you’re using the “Wall” set and can just be annoying on the others.

Rest – You can use it if you don’t like sand and rain ruining your day and you’re happy with your defensive set-up.

Sleep Talk – Can be used in conjunction with Rest if you choose to use it.

Aromatherapy – It can learn it, but others use it far more effectively.

Opinion
Jumpluff is an interesting Pokemon. If it is played to its strengths then it can be a great asset but out of its comfort zone it tends to fail. If you’re experienced and looking for a challenge though, Jumpluff is a great choice for helping along some pretty beastly strategies.

Counters
Ice Shard is the bane of Jumpluffs existence and something like Weavile and Mamoswine (in OU) can easy finish Jumpluff off with one, although they must beware of momento-sashing. Clefable comes into it’s own against this guy because Magic Guard completely destroys anything Jumpluff wants to do and Clefable has Ice Beam to send it straight to hell. Other than that Jumpluff has to watch out for Sleep-talkers absorbing sleep, Phazers cancelling your Subs and Fast Substitute users blocking Sleep Powder and Leech Seed (Encore does take care of them though).

Statigar
09-05-2008, 09:52 PM
Very Nice Spanner! Amazing work! 5 stars :D

Spannertastic
09-06-2008, 04:20 AM
Thanks man, I'm happily assuming other people also thought it was perfect and have therefore, not left a comment ^_^

Strype McClaine
09-06-2008, 04:27 AM
Sorry, I saw jump luff, thought I had a comment, but realized it was only a booger...so I went on....

I was going to do jumpluff, but I realized how little it could really do, remembered it is outclassed in every way by secptile...and that's about it, so i went on with me life.

Spannertastic
09-06-2008, 04:43 AM
Sorry, I saw jump luff, thought I had a comment, but realized it was only a booger...so I went on....

I was going to do jumpluff, but I realized how little it could really do, remembered it is outclassed in every way by secptile...and that's about it, so i went on with me life.

Memento should not be overlooked though, and encore is an annoying as hell move. things with 4x ice weaknesses are not exactly the coolest though.
I thought I was lucky to pull out 3 sets for it.

ikke
09-06-2008, 10:37 AM
great job =]

Carlo1003
09-06-2008, 12:23 PM
nice job spanner :)

i am cool
09-06-2008, 04:54 PM
how teh **** is sceptile outclassing fluffy boy? flufft can set up a belly zard sweep, sleep powder, and if the opposing poke is faster(highly unlikely tho since fluffy is pretty fast), survive with the sash, then memento, and set up a suceccfull belly zarf sweep, if the oppositions doesn't have any prioirty move's then it's gg. oh and nice analysis spanner, the analysis section is dying again....

Spannertastic
09-07-2008, 02:50 AM
how teh **** is sceptile outclassing fluffy boy? flufft can set up a belly zard sweep, sleep powder, and if the opposing poke is faster(highly unlikely tho since fluffy is pretty fast), survive with the sash, then memento, and set up a suceccfull belly zarf sweep, if the oppositions doesn't have any prioirty move's then it's gg. oh and nice analysis spanner, the analysis section is dying again....

Sceptile is one of the best Leech Seeders in the game, 'nuff said. He also has usable attacking stats making him a farrrr better choice and shows why Jumpluff is UU and Sceptile's BL.
Thanks for the props though man ^_^

The analysis won't be getting as much action with everyone back at school man, don't expect it to stay as crazy as it was a few weeks ago. That was a rarity and I think everyone needs some thanks for that because we got heaps of analyses done over that time.
People deserving of props are: Strype, Blackout, Kuja, TSP, Ikke, Snypar, Iconic, Phippzy, Pimplup, i am cool and more that I can't think of off the top of my head.
Thanks heaps guys.

Phippzy
09-07-2008, 10:12 AM
Yay i get props ^^

Hibari
09-07-2008, 11:49 AM
nice 8)

i am cool
09-07-2008, 01:49 PM
yay i got props as well, imo i have made the most analyses here, i'm thinking of making more still, i havn't made more since i havr things to deal with, issues if u might call, family issues, ok, so i have 17 analysis, i will be mamking more.

Spannertastic
09-07-2008, 01:52 PM
yay i got props as well, imo i have made the most analyses here, i'm thinking of making more still, i havn't made more since i havr things to deal with, issues if u might call, family issues, ok, so i have 17 analysis, i will be mamking more.

I don't really understand what you're trying to prove by saying all that...

Do you want a medal?

Statigar
09-07-2008, 04:26 PM
LOL. He just wants to beat me in post counts.

I AM COOL... THIS IS A MOVESET CONSTRUCTION TOPIC, NOT A RANDOM DISCUSSION ONE.