PDA

View Full Version : Slaking Analysis.

i am cool
09-09-2008, 10:16 AM
http://www.arkeis.com/images/pokemonfactory/slaking.png

Slaking, the sloth pokemon, if only it didn't have that god damn awful ability, if it didn't, then uber status shall be rained on the sloth!!!!!!

Truant: Moves every other turn

Choice Bander @ Choice Band
Trait: Truant
EVs: 108 HP / 252 Atk / 148 Spd
Nature: Jolly
- Return / Double Edge
- Earthquake
- Focus Punch
- Shadow Claw / Pursuit / Night Slash

Well Slaking got Demoted to BL cause protect is used more often but it can still be used. And obviously because of it's awful ability which was meant to balance it but instead nerfed it. Return or Double edge for your main attacking move. Earthquake for Rock,steel and fire types. Focus punch for heavy Damage on any Pokémon that switches in. The fourth move is different. You can use shadow claw or night slash but I'd prefer night slash because ghost can't hit normals anyways. Pursuit is interesting because most people switch out they get hurt bad, especially alakzam, azelf and gengar who could annoy you.

Choice Scarf @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Truant
EVs: 36 HP/252 Atk/220 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk) or Jolly nature (+Speed, -Satk)
- Pursuit
- Return/Double-Edge
- Ice Punch
- Thunderpunch/Focus Punch

By using Choice Scarf you boost its decent speed, base 100, and maintain a hefty attack stat (460 using Adamant and 252 evs) This set acts as a revenge killer of sorts; Pursuit allows it to kill revenge kill most Gengar's, particularly Modest Choice Scarf variants, who can be out sped with a Jolly Nature. Return vs. Double-Edge is a matter of preference: damage output vs. survivability. Ice Punch is really mandatory on this set, as it hits Garchomp, Salamence, and various other OU threats. In the last slot, Thunderpunch can be used for overall type coverage, and once you switch on the foolish gyarados who think's he can outspeed only to be hit by a se tpunch, but Focus Punch can work. Note that with an Adamant Nature and those EV's you fail to out speed Scarf Garchomp and Scarf Gengar if without a +Speed Nature, which shouldn't be used any way since slaking would like to hurt thing's as most as he can.

Double Battle Standard @ Leftovers
Trait: Truant
EVs: 108 HP / 252 Atk / 148 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Substitute / Yawn
- Focus Punch
- Return
- Night Slash / Shadow Claw / Pursuit

Used in double battles only. Also only pair with a skill swapper. Return for STAB. Use Yawn or Substitute to set up for Focus Punch. Yawn is also good for the famous Yawn puncher combo. You can also use Pursuit with that so the Pokémon switching takes damage. Otherwise just use Night slash or shadow claw.

Choise Spect King@ Choice Specs(duh ^_^)
ability: Truant(sadly)
evs: 252 spe/ 252 sp.atk/ 6 hp
nature: Modest
- Hyper Beam
- Flame Thrower/ Fire Blast
- Thunder Bolt
- Ice Beam

This is an absolute gimmick set, if you want to use this extremely gimmick set, then do so at your own risk, but using slaking in non double battles is a gimmick, so, meh, ice beam for garchomp, salamence, flygon and dragonite, which hurt's badly, actually it kills them, and does 70% to yachee chomp, thuinder bolt is for gyara and some other water types, like milotic or suicune, 2hkoing both and obviously ohkoing gyara, flame thrower for a 2hko on bronzong and for a ohko on skarmory, while the same can be said about fire blast but it give's you a little extra oomph, hyper beam is really his only option for a special stab move, but the turn someone can set up on you is really scary since as i mention before, lot's of thing's in d/p can set up in one turn and turn the tables by sweeping your team, so, yeah.

Other Options: Hammer Arm for an alternative to Focus Punch. Rock Slide, But I'd choose Hammer Arm over it or Return because of base power. Any other of Slaking's moves are useless cause of Truant. Fire Punch can be used on the CB set to hit Skarmory, Forretress and Bronzong. Fury Swipes is an option in the CB set as well. Giga Impact works the same way Hyper Beam did in Advance, but in D/P there are even more things that can set up in such as little time as 1 turn, so it's risky.

Opinion: Slaking can rip unprepared teams apart. 160 Base attack is nothing to make fun of (One of the highest non-uber stats ever right behind with Rampardos for attack) Honestly, if it didn't have Truant, it would be broken, making it uber.

Counters: Try to play by resistances. Rocks, Steels and Ghosts will be your best switch-ins. Things like Skarmory and Bronzong can switch in pretty well thanks to their resistances to Normal, Ghost and Ground. Bulky things like Milotic, Hippowdon and Slowbro that have an instant recovery move can be annoying since they can just Recover the damage in the turn Slaking isn't attacking. As with the last Generation, anything with Protect and a good enough attacking move. Any faster Substitute user. Other than that, lack of prediction owns Slaking.

ikke
09-09-2008, 03:03 PM
skill swap doesn't work on slaking

i am cool
09-09-2008, 03:11 PM
yes it does u idiot, proove it.

ikke
09-09-2008, 03:13 PM
yes it does u idiot, proove it.no reason to insult me...

i am cool
09-09-2008, 03:28 PM
i dont' really insult anyone, but u really **** me off, how are my posts spam? that one right there is spam and the one before, seriously, only wonder guard can't be skill swaped, i'm telling u to please proove your point.

Spannertastic
09-09-2008, 11:14 PM
i dont' really insult anyone, but u really **** me off, how are my posts spam? that one right there is spam and the one before, seriously, only wonder guard can't be skill swaped, i'm telling u to please proove your point.

You're right about Skill Swap but there was no need to have a tantrum about Ikke questioning it.

Grow up a bit mr. cool.