PDA

View Full Version : Ramparados Analsyis

i am cool
09-10-2008, 07:55 AM
http://pokedream.com/pokerep/images/sugimori/409.jpg

This Fossil Pokemon is really only good at 1 thing to be honest. It is a straightforward attacker that hurts HARD. Abysmal defenses and speed keep it from being seen more but it is still a good Pokemon that is good at what it does, attacking and ripping Pokemon apart with Powerful moves.

CB fossil@ Choice band
Ability:Mold Breaker
Evs:4 Hp/252 Atk/252 Spd
Nature: Adament/ Jolly
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge/Head Smash/Rock Slide
-Crunch
-Focus Punch/Brick Break/Pursuit

The Choiceband variation. With Choiceband, Rampardos's attack reaches over 700 if using Adamant. Jolly allows it to go a tiny bit faster but the boost isn't giving all that much. It does outspeed Adamant Tyranitar and can tie with base 100 spd Pokemon with absolutely no speed at all. It outruns Milotic and slow things like Snorlax, Blissey, Dusknoir, etc while Jolly also outspeeds Suicune and base 90 pokes with no speed given to them. But Jolly doesn't give that much of an advantage, Adamant is more than likely to still outspeed Milotic and some Tyranitars depending on how speedy they decide to be.

Anyhow, it has very hard hitting moves that are especially nasty boosted. Earthquake is one of the best moves and hurts many common Pokemon. It hits Metagross, Heatran, Tyranitar, etc for a lot of damage. Thanks to Mold Breaker it can also hit Brongzong, Cresselia, Weezing, etc with Earthquake. The rock moves get stab due to Rampardos being rock. Stone Edge and Head Smash are both really powerful Rock moves that have 80% accuracy. Stone Edge is preferred as it has a high chance of critical hits while Head Smash just gives you a huge recoil of 50% of the damage inflicted which is painful considering how much damage you are doing. Rock Slide has a higher accuracy and you might get a flinch on an extremely slow Pokemon.They all hurt Fliers like Gyrasdos, Salamence, and Zapdos. Crunch has 80 base power and can lower the opponents defense. It hurts Cresselia and Brongzong. The last move is optional. Brick Break and Focus Punch are both Poweful fighting moves. Focus Punch hits hard while Brick Break is more reliable so you don't get flinched and it has the ability to destroy screens which are used a lot more now. Pursuit can hurt Pokemon trying to flee for a high amount of damage and not many Pokemon are going to really want to stay in against this so that is useful. It hurts really bad and can 2 hit ko almost every Pokemon.

Dancing Fossil @ Lifeorb/Expert Belt
Ability: Mold Breaker
Nature: Admant/Jolly
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge/Head Smash/Rock Slide
-Crunch/Pursuit

The Swords Dance set. With Swords Dance, Rampardos can really hurt but it is hard unlike the Choiceband which can attack right away. Bad defenses are unhelpful but if you miraculously pull off a Swords Dance, then you can sweep away! Watch out for faster Pokemon or use this in a Trick Room team! Trick Room switches everything around letting the slower Pokemon go first for 5 turns and Rampardos is pretty slow. In that case, use Brave and no spd at all to make Rampardos really slow which is fast in Trick Room. Put all the evs in hp. Earthquake is once again an overall helpful move that hits many Pokemon. Stone Edge could get critical hits, Head Smash if you feel suicidal. Rock Slide has better accuracy and can flinch slower things. Crunch can lower defense and hurts Psychic. Pursuit hurts things switching out and hurts even worse with a Swords Dance boost. Similar to Choiceband set without being stuck to 1 move and being able to raise your attack to a high level with Swords Dance.

Fast Fossil @ Choicescarf
Trait:Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Crunch
-Pursuit/Focus Punch

This is Choicescarf rampy. With Choicescarf and max speed Jolly, Ramaprdos can actually have 354 speed which can outrun a fair few thing. It outruns Adamant Weavile, Dugtrio, Modest Alakazam and Sceptile; Gengar, Raikous doing standard 352 spd, Starmies doing standard 352 spd, Tauros, Azelf with 352 spd, Infernape, Garchomp, etc. For such a slow Pokemon, that is a pretty impressive amount to outrun although it does take the sacrifice of Adamant. You can also use Adamant but it only goes to 322 speed then and while still fast, a little short of certain things. This version is more about hitting the defensively weaker but faster Pokemon then just hitting everything in sight extremely hard. It still does hit everything hard but it likes to hurt the defensively weaker Pokemon and take them out rather than take on huge hard to kill things. So Jolly is the preferred nature for Choicescarf.

Earthquake is coverage, Stone Edge gets stab and a chance of critical hits. Crunch is useful for Gengar, Froslass, Azelf, etc. Pursuit is useful to catch the things switching out that would fear Rampardos and to inflict nasty damage on faster Pokemon when they realize it is speedband and their speedy things are not safe. Focus Punch is a hard hitting move that catch things coming in on the switch. Similar to the Choiceband but the Choiceband is an entirely different playing style with a huge humongous attack to hurt stuff with while this is a very fast thing with a high but not nearly as high of attack that hurts speedy but defensive Pokemon. Do whichever one you want.

Speed Booster@ Life orb/Expert Belt/Focus Sash
Ability:Mold Breaker
Evs:36 Hp/252 Atk/220 Spd
Nature: Adament
-Rock Polish
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide/Stone Edge
-Pursuit

This set doesn't hit as hard as the other 2 but still hits very hard with 471 Atk. Rock Polish allows it to outspeed many Pokemon. Fast fragile Pokemon like Jolteon, Aerodactyl, Alazkazam, Weavile, Sceptile, would fear this as they don't have the defenses to take hits from this thing. Rock Polish is a rock type Agility tm. Pursuit allows it to catch things switching out which would be a lot as the fragiler Pokemon most certainly don't want to stick around. Rock Slide can get flinches and gains stab. Stone Edge has superior power but has less accuracy. Earthquake again catches many Pokemon, even Levitators like Gengar due to Mold Breaker. Focus Sash can save you from an unexpected demise and allow you to continue with your rampage of your opponents Pokemon.

Switch Abuser @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
Nature: Admanent/Jolly
-Screech
-Pursuit
-Focus Punch
-Substitute

This is the forced switcher set. Rampardos's hp is pretty high and he has okay subs. This set works well with Stealth Rock and Spikes as it forces you to switch and get hurt. Screech cuts the opponents defense in half and not many are going to want to take hits from this with their defenses cut like that. Pursuit catches those switching out for hard damage, epescially if they got hit by Screech. Focus Punch hits those coming in for high damage. It still outruns slow things.

Other Options:Zen Headbutt, Assurance, Scary Face, Stealth Rock, Hammer Arm, and Focus Sash. Zen Headbutt hits many things for neutral damage and has a chance of flinching. It is useable but most of the things you would use it on are hurt by its other attacks and it doesn't even get the advantage of hurting Weezing and Gengar as Earthquake would hurt more due to Mold Breaker making their abilities disappear. Assurance does double damage if the foe had already been damaged that turn so it works with Stealth Rock and Spikes. Scary Face cuts speed and forces switches again although Rock Polish is preferred. It can set up its own Stealth Rock if you really want to do that but it doesn't really have the defenses to do that well. Hammer Arm is a high power fighting move that cuts speed. It could be helpful in a Trick Room as it would raise your speed then but if not in Trick Room, lowering your speed is not a good thing. Focus Sash is an option on all Rampardos as it saves you from being koed and allows you to get an extra bit of sweeping in before you do faint.

Counters:Hippowdon, Tangrowth, Gliscor, Torterra, Leafeon, Brongzong (switching in so Mold Breaker doesn't affect it), Rhyperior, Steelix, Cresselia with Reflect, Breloom, Metagross with Magnet Rise, Probopass with Magnet Rise, pretty much anything with a high defense really that outspeeds it and can hit with super effective moves. Something that also doesn't get 2 hit koed if its slower. As it isn't that fast, faster Pokemon can come in and hit it. Lousy defenses don't do much for it and it gets 2 hit koed by pretty much everything super effective.

Defensive grass types like Tangrowth, Torterra, and Leafeon can ohko with stabbed super effective grass moves.
Gliscor can use stabbed super effective Earthquakes, as can Hippowdon for ohko.

Cresselia and Dusknoir can work with a Reflect up but without Reflect, Crunch hits a little too hard to work.
Bronzong can also work but it needs to switch in so Mold Breaker doesn't affect it as without Levitate, Rampardos will eat you. Rhyperior can take a hit and ko back with Earthquake.

Steelix can deal with all variations except if Rampardos manages to get a Swords Dance/Screech in and 1-2 hit ko with a stabbed Earthquake. The choiceband might be a problem as it 2 hit koes Steelix and if Steelix doesn't ko, Rampardos will.

Metagross with Magnet Rise avoids the Earthquake and ohkos with stabbed super effective Meteor Mash.

Probopass with Magnet Rise walls Rampardos all day long (which is really amazing considering how unbelievably high Rampardos's attack stat is...) and 2 hit koes with Earth Power (3 in Sandstorm.).

Breloom can Spore, or ohko you with stabbed fighting/grass moves.

Besides these, anything that can outspeed Rampardos and has a super effective move can 1-2 hit ko Rampardos anyway. It just needs to be able to survive taking a hit if it doesn't ko.

Statigar
09-11-2008, 07:03 PM
Nice work i am cool!

Snypar
09-11-2008, 09:03 PM
WTF I had this one. >_> I spent time making this for a comeback analysis. >_>

Spannertastic
09-12-2008, 12:59 AM
I think I remember Snypar Reserving this actually.

Will you ever look at the Reserving thread i am cool? Is it so hard to follow simple instructions?

That aside, this actually looks like a pretty good analysis. Well done.

i am cool
09-12-2008, 04:57 AM
i always do that, i swaer to god, i look at table of contents, and the reserving analysis every day, so i went to the table of contents, and i saw ramparados, i press the link, and nothing shows up, then, since all the analysis are on my comp, i search for ramparados and still nothing, and then i went to reserving analysis, and nothing, i spent a lot of time perfecting this.......god.

Snypar
09-12-2008, 03:56 PM
i always do that, i swaer to god, i look at table of contents, and the reserving analysis every day, so i went to the table of contents, and i saw ramparados, i press the link, and nothing shows up, then, since all the analysis are on my comp, i search for ramparados and still nothing, and then i went to reserving analysis, and nothing, i spent a lot of time perfecting this.......god.

That was because it got deleted, I was planning on making a Rampardos one and spent like 2 days on it. >_>

i am cool
09-12-2008, 06:30 PM
i'm really sry, i didn't know, forgive me.