Flareon @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EV's: 252 HP / 252 Spe / 6 SpA
Nature: Calm
- Wish
- Toxic
- Flamethrower
- Protect

Flareon has massive Special Defence which makes him a good staller.
This set is very good for dealing with Grass, Fire and Water types. With him having a resistance to Grass and immunity to Fire those two types don't pose a threat. With Water types it is a case of using toxic and using Wish and Protect to stall until the Water types go down. Wish makes sure that Flareon hardly drops to the red zone on the Health Bar. Protect is great for those oncoming Water moves and again makes sure Toxic hits hard.

Baton Passer & Curser
Flareon @ Leftovers
EV's: 252 HP / 252 Spe / 6 Atk
Nature: Careful
- Curse
- Baton Pass
- Fire Fang
- Wish / Yawn

As you can see this Flareon is a set up Flareon. This particular one allows you to boost a Slow Physical Attacker like Snorlax. Wish is here to restore health so that you can carry on Cursing whilst Yawn is there to help Baton Passing. Both are useful moves in this set and it could work with either one of them.

Baton Passer + Subsituter
Flareon @ Leftovers
EV's: 252 HP / 148 SpA / 108 Spe
Nature: Modest
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Flamethrower / Fire Blast
- Yawn / Wish

This set is also a set up Flareon. It helps give subs to pokemon like Snorlax. There is a choice between Flamethrower and Fire Blast. It depends on whether you are lookng for Power or Accuracy. Both are very good moves which can stop most pokemon in their tracks and good for causing burn. Wish is here to keep alive whilst Subbing and Yawn is there for Subbing and Passing. Again both are good for this particular set.

Choice Bander
Flareon @ Choice Band
EV's: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Spe
Nature: Adamant
- Return
- Fire fang
- Rock Smash / Iron Tail
- Bite / Quick Attack

Flareon has not got a good attack movepool. Alhough a MASSIVE 591 attack makes up for that. Because of the Movepool that has been given to Flareon you will notice that Return is the most powerful attack here. Return doesn't even have a STAB boost so its not that great. Rock Smash or Iron Tail offer protection against Rock-types. Rock Smash delivers more damage to the more physical walls like Aggron, Probopass and Bastiodon whereas Iron Tail offers coverage against everything else including Golem, Relicanth and Solrock. Bite is very good for Ghosts and Physic types. Quick attack is useful if switching in on a weakened pokemon.

Choice Specs
Flareon @ Choice Specs
EV's: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 6 Spe
- Overheat / Fire Blast
- Hidden Power Grass
- Shadow Ball
- Quick Attack / Flamethrower

Even though Flareon's Special Attack is lower than its Attack it has a better movepool. HP Grass obviously takes out Water, Ground and Rock types. Shadow Ball is good against Ghosts and Phychics like Hypno and Grumpig. Quick Attack is for weak pokemon and Flamethrower offers a more accurate fire attack than Overheat or Fire Blast.

Other Options
Body Slam and Double Edge can be used instead of return because Body Slam gives Paralysis and Double Edge gives some more power. Hidden Power Ice can be good especially against Garchomps and Altarias. You could also use Hidden Power Ground to kill off any other Fire pokemon or Rock pokemon.

Opinion
In my opinion i would rather use Fire Blast over Overheat because you don't lose Special Attack. Because you already have Fire Blast i would Put Quick Attack in and no Flamethrower.

Counters
There are quite a few counters to flareon including:
Altaria (Natural Cure heals Burn)
Magcargo (Part Ground)
Camerupt (Part Ground)
Water Pokemon

For most Water types the best strategy is to Toxic and then Stall.
For Altaria its Hidden Power Ice.
For Magcargo and Camerupt i would say using the Toxic Stall Strategy again.

ikke
09-14-2008, 11:34 AM
When a pokemon is pure fire type it doesnt have to many other types of moves, imean it cant learn solarbeam to take on water pokes or anything like that, I mean it has return and quick attack for SOME coverage but that's about it.solar beam is a fail attack anyway (Y)

Carlo1003
09-23-2008, 05:23 AM
O.O huh??
wheres teh analysis?

i am cool
09-23-2008, 07:16 AM
this is the crim of the "move", luckily, i have every single analysis on my comp, i'll post them later.

edit: after 1 hour of search from the 500 pages on word, i finally found it:

Flareon Type: Fire Tier: UU

Wisher
Flareon @ Leftovers
EV's: 252 HP / 252 Spe / 6 SpA
Nature: Calm
- Wish
- Toxic
- Flamethrower
- Protect

Flareon has massive Special Defence which makes him a good staller.
This set is very good for dealing with Grass, Fire and Water types. With him having a resistance to Grass and immunity to Fire those two types don't pose a threat. With Water types it is a case of using toxic and using Wish and Protect to stall until the Water types go down. Wish makes sure that Flareon hardly drops to the red zone on the Health Bar. Protect is great for those oncoming Water moves and again makes sure Toxic hits hard.

Baton Passer & Curser
Flareon @ Leftovers
EV's: 252 HP / 252 Spe / 6 Atk
Nature: Careful
- Curse
- Baton Pass
- Fire Fang
- Wish / Yawn

As you can see this Flareon is a set up Flareon. This particular one allows you to boost a Slow Physical Attacker like Snorlax. Wish is here to restore health so that you can carry on Cursing whilst Yawn is there to help Baton Passing. Both are useful moves in this set and it could work with either one of them.

Baton Passer + Subsituter
Flareon @ Leftovers
EV's: 252 HP / 148 SpA / 108 Spe
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Flamethrower / Fire Blast
- Yawn / Wish

This set is also a set up Flareon. It helps give subs to pokemon like Snorlax. There is a choice between Flamethrower and Fire Blast. It depends on whether you are lookng for Power or Accuracy. Both are very good moves which can stop most pokemon in their tracks and good for causing burn. Wish is here to keep alive whilst Subbing and Yawn is there for Subbing and Passing. Again both are good for this particular set.

Choice Bander
Flareon @ Choice Band
EV's: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Spe
Nature: Adamant
- Return
- Fire fang
- Rock Smash / Iron Tail
- Bite / Quick Attack

Flareon has not got a good attack movepool. Alhough a MASSIVE 591 attack makes up for that. Because of the Movepool that has been given to Flareon you will notice that Return is the most powerful attack here. Return doesn't even have a STAB boost so its not that great. Rock Smash or Iron Tail offer protection against Rock-types. Rock Smash delivers more damage to the more physical walls like Aggron, Probopass and Bastiodon whereas Iron Tail offers coverage against everything else including Golem, Relicanth and Solrock. Bite is very good for Ghosts and Physic types. Quick attack is useful if switching in on a weakened pokemon.

Choice Specs
Flareon @ Choice Specs
EV's: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 6 Spe
- Overheat / Fire Blast
- Hidden Power Grass
- Shadow Ball
- Quick Attack / Flamethrower

Even though Flareon's Special Attack is lower than its Attack it has a better movepool. HP Grass obviously takes out Water, Ground and Rock types. Shadow Ball is good against Ghosts and Phychics like Hypno and Grumpig. Quick Attack is for weak pokemon and Flamethrower offers a more accurate fire attack than Overheat or Fire Blast.

Other Options
Body Slam and Double Edge can be used instead of return because Body Slam gives Paralysis and Double Edge gives some more power. Hidden Power Ice can be good especially against Garchomps and Altarias. You could also use Hidden Power Ground to kill off any other Fire pokemon or Rock pokemon.

Opinion
In my opinion i would rather use Fire Blast over Overheat because you don't lose Special Attack. Because you already have Fire Blast i would Put Quick Attack in and no Flamethrower.

Counters
There are quite a few counters to flareon including:
Altaria (Natural Cure heals Burn)
Magcargo (Part Ground)
Camerupt (Part Ground)
Water Pokemon

For most Water types the best strategy is to Toxic and then Stall.
For Altaria its Hidden Power Ice.
For Magcargo and Camerupt i would say using the Toxic Stall Strategy again.

Chezzy
09-24-2008, 12:50 AM
When a pokemon is pure fire type it doesnt have to many other types of moves, imean it cant learn solarbeam to take on water pokes or anything like that, I mean it has return and quick attack for SOME coverage but that's about it.