PDA

View Full Version : New Team I Made

Dragard
10-05-2008, 05:39 AM
Just a team I made on Shoddy (No platinum moves for now). And if somebody could, would anybody PokeSav me this team??

http://www.arkeis.com/images/pokemonfactory/machamp.png

Machamp @ Leftovers
Nature: Adamant
Ability: No Gaurd
Ev Spread: 252 HP, 160 Atk, 96 Sp.Def
~Dynamic Punch
~Bullet Punch / Payback
~Thunder Punch
~Ice Punch

My Bulky lead. Machamp here can never die from an unboosted modest (i think modest) Psychic from an Azelf. Dynamic Punch goes well with No Guard, always getting a hit and confusion. Bullet Punch is there for priority or Payback can OHKO Gengar, Azelf, and Alakazam. The BoltBeam combo is there for coverage.

http://www.arkeis.com/images/pokemonfactory/gengar.png

Gengar @ Life Orb
Nature: Timid
Ability: Levitate
Ev Spread: 6 HP, 252 Sp.Atk, 252 Spe
~Shadow Ball
~Thunder Bolt
~Focus Blast
~Hidden Power [Ice]

Gengar here protects Weavile and Empoleon from Fighting attacks, Grass attacks towards Donphan, Ground Attacks against Empoleon, and Bug towards Weavile. He has both the ShadowSphere combo, and the BoltBeam combo. Life Orb over Expert Belt because I want the extra 10% power.

http://www.arkeis.com/images/pokemonfactory/weavile.png

Weavile @ Life Orb
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Pressure
Ev Spread: 6 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
~Ice Punch
~Night Slash
~Brick Break
~Swords Dance / Aerial Ace

My revenge killer. He also protects Gengar and Machamp from Psychic attacks, and could switch into Ice Shards getting thrown at Salamence most of the time. Most people use Ice Shard and Pursuit, so they'll stay in with a Psychic type most of the time thinking I'll deal less damage, so yeah. Brick Break for coverage and Swords Dance if I predict a switch or Aerial Ace to kill of Breloom and Heracross.

http://www.arkeis.com/images/pokemonfactory/empoleon.png

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Nature: Calm
Ability: Torrent
Ev Spread: 252 HP, 6 Sp.Atk, 252 Sp.Def
~Surf
~Ice Beam
~Grass Knot
~Yawn

My Special wall. He provides protection from Flying type attacks going towards Machamp, Psychic attacks getting used againts Machamp and Gengar if Weavile is dead, and Ice attacks going against Donphan (also Water) and Salamence. Surf is there for STAB, Ice Beam is for Dragons, and Grass Knot is so I don't get walled by something like Suicune or Vaporeon. Yawn over Roar (for now) so that if they don't switch they can have a halve dead poke.

http://www.arkeis.com/images/pokemonfactory/donphan.png

Donphan @ Leftovers
Nature: Impish
Ability: Sturdy
Ev Spread: 252 HP, 6 Atk, 252 Def
~Earthquake
~Counter / Rapid Spin
~Stealth Rock
~Ice Shard

My Physical wall. This guy provides protection against Electric attacks against Empoleon, and Rock attacks towards Salamence or Weavile. Earthquake gives it a good STAB move, Counter and Rapid Spin is a tough one for me for some reason, Ice Shard for Dragons, and Stealth Rock for some extra damage.

http://www.arkeis.com/images/pokemonfactory/salamence.png

Salamence @ Leftovers
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Intimidate
Ev Spread: 122 HP, 252 Atk, 136 Spe
~Dragon Claw
~Fire Fang
~Earthquake
~Dragon Dance

Salamence is my Physical Sweeper. Kinda bulky. He provides protection against Grass and Water attacks aimed at Donphan, Fighting attacks for Weavile and Empoleon (Ground attacks, too), and Bug against Weavile. Dragon Claw is for STAB, Fire Fang over Stone Edge/Rock Slide for Forretress and Bronzong, Earthquake for Heatran and some others, while Dragon Dance is to make this thing a beast.

xXxAngelxXx
10-06-2008, 03:23 AM
Donphan= counter>rapid spin.

Youonly have one poke (Mence) thattakes lotsa SR and counter beats the **** outta most everything. I would use cune over the penguin thou cuz of CM.

Rock Head
10-06-2008, 06:59 PM
I dont know if this is an issue but i was going over the smogon top ten leads used for august and it shows azelf at the top and you won't expect to do anything when a bronzong comes in as they are popular same with gengar as it learns psychic as well and with hypnosis to 60% i doubt alot of people will use it now.

You are covering alot of your teams weakness but your team also consists of setting up so i suggest getting rid of Machamp as Bronzong is better as its gyro ball 2HKOs the Standerd Lead azelf, 2HKOs Gengar, and it 0HKOs the Lead Aerodactyl same with Weavile as well. Or if you want to get rid of leads ASAP, try Dugtrio its Arena traps practicly stops leads dead cold except for ninjask who always has Bp on him. Here is a good move pool for dugtrio

Dugtrio@Life Orb
Arena Trap
Adamant/Jolly
252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4SpD
Earthquake
Aerial Ace
Stone Edge/Rock Slide
Sucker Punch/Nigh slash

Stone edge or Rock slide is a argument over power and accuracy as Rock Slide provides more Accuracy as Dugtrio's Defensives stats are weak or for a quick kill Stone edge. Aerial Ace and Earthquake is for Coverage and Sucker punch is to get things faster then you like Weavile Aerodactyl, Ninjask and other choice scarfer. This will reccomend a sure kill on anylead as it wastes a turn trying to switch out and you kill it, it is also a good revenge killer with its 120 base speed outruns several things

Dragard
10-06-2008, 10:37 PM
Thanks, I'll try those. If it doesn't work out well, I'll switch back. Maybe a deffencive Bronzong with Light Screen and Reflect would help me set up better, what do you guys think??

xXxAngelxXx
10-06-2008, 11:02 PM
nah. LS doesn't make a huge difference. I'd just switch in weavile brick break ls and **** you. I would go with celebi for screens cuz zong is taunt fodder.

Dragard
10-06-2008, 11:12 PM
nah. LS doesn't make a huge difference. I'd just switch in weavile brick break ls and **** you. I would go with celebi for screens cuz zong is taunt fodder.
So your telling me that I can set LS up, you switch into Weavile, use brick break, and **** me?? Hmm, Gyro ball!! One dead Weavile, and I would set up again.

Rock Head
10-06-2008, 11:56 PM
Yeah I'd go with LS and Reflect Zong as i have used him before and he is really helpfull, if you want a good set for that here is a one that i Reccomend as its defensives stats hit pass 300s

Bronzong@Light Clay
Sassy
Levivtate
252 HP, 128 SpD, 128 Def
Light screen
Stealth Rock
Reflect
Explosion

I luv this set the Defensive stats stay the same and the nature determins the higher one so you can change your nature freely to make Defensive stats 330 or SpD stats 300 your choice! Setting up is easy as long as fire types don't spoil it with flare blitz. Once you have everything set up, Explode it gives you a free switch in and maybe a kill most of the time

Then come at him with Yachemence and DD once or twice watever gets your fill but don't get too greedy because ice attacks restrict you to one DD unless you want to get owned. Once you have DD'd atack like ******* hell as nothing resists Dragon/Ground except Skarmory and Levitate Zongs and Fire fang 2HKOs Skarmory and Zong if he runs more Defensive Evs.

Dragard
10-07-2008, 12:07 AM
Yeah I'd go with LS and Reflect Zong as i have used him before and he is really helpfull, if you want a good set for that here is a one that i Reccomend as its defensives stats hit pass 300s

Bronzong@Light Clay
Sassy
Levivtate
252 HP, 128 SpD, 128 Def
Light screen
Stealth Rock
Reflect
Explosion

I luv this set the Defensive stats stay the same and the nature determins the higher one so you can change your nature freely to make Defensive stats 330 or SpD stats 300 your choice! Setting up is easy as long as fire types don't spoil it with flare blitz. Once you have everything set up, Explode it gives you a free switch in and maybe a kill most of the time

Then come at him with Yachemence and DD once or twice watever gets your fill but don't get too greedy because ice attacks restrict you to one DD unless you want to get owned. Once you have DD'd atack like ******* hell as nothing resists Dragon/Ground except Skarmory and Levitate Zongs and Fire fang 2HKOs Skarmory and Zong if he runs more Defensive Evs.
Lol, yeah, I know, I've used this strategy before. Except I used Gyro Ball over Stealth Rock because of Gengar.

xXxAngelxXx
10-07-2008, 02:25 AM
So your telling me that I can set LS up, you switch into Weavile, use brick break, and **** me?? Hmm, Gyro ball!! One dead Weavile, and I would set up again.

Sash. Besides I break it send in champ/ape CC or dpunch and whose raped now?

Dragard
10-07-2008, 02:29 AM

Sash. Besides I break it send in champ/ape CC or dpunch and whose raped now?
Like I would stay in... ? Deffenice zong can take a CC from champ... Im sure about it.

xXxAngelxXx
10-09-2008, 12:50 AM
W/E this is coming from the guy who runs the heatproof Zong. Tch.