PDA

View Full Version : Deoxys-S voting

Eternal
10-10-2008, 11:03 PM
Well Smogon has its voting on Deoxys-E so why not us?

In order to vote you need 1550 on the Smogon ladder.

Or Top 5 in the Teamuber Server Leaderboard.

Current Vote Statistics:

Should Deo-E be Uber?

YES: ====== 67%

NO: ==== 33%

---
Total votes: 15

Dragard
10-10-2008, 11:05 PM
You should have made this a poll :?

Eternal
10-10-2008, 11:12 PM

No, because only those that have proven with their Shoddy records and testing are able to vote.

But I will change the requirements to:

If you're on the Smogon OU Leaderboard you are allowed to vote.

Dragard
10-10-2008, 11:17 PM

No, because only those that have proven with their Shoddy records and testing are able to vote.

But I will change the requirements to:

If you're on the Smogon OU Leaderboard you are allowed to vote.
Ah, alright. To bad I don't ladder...

Rock Head
10-11-2008, 12:36 AM
i am almost there i just need to hit the 1300s

Eternal
10-11-2008, 01:32 AM
i am almost there i just need to hit the 1300s

This is the least you need:
50 HYLAS 1588.46793068

cat
10-11-2008, 01:35 AM
i hate laddering, but i could do without this fellow, so i guess i will.

Statigar
10-11-2008, 07:54 AM
Either that or get 1000+ on the Tu Ou leaderboard

Elevator Music
10-11-2008, 01:36 PM
Can I be in by default? You know me Eternal... <_<

aww w/e. I'm almost that high with a bunch of accounts anyways.

Snypar
10-11-2008, 05:45 PM
You say TU is independent but yet again everyone is being a sheep.

Shadow_Blaze
10-11-2008, 06:35 PM
I say OU...everyone that says uber shall get a punch in the face free of charge ._. its pretty easy to kill and its an "ok" suiside lead...decent for reflect/taunt/light screen/SR set up but I think aero and Azelf are a little better seeing as they can hit back...and sure its a decent revenge killer...dugtrio does a much better job at that seeing as they cant switch to a counter...and mixed sweeper aspect >_> meh I like it but its FAR from uber

Elevator Music
10-11-2008, 07:59 PM
Can I be in by default? You know me Eternal... <_<

aww w/e. I'm almost that high with a bunch of accounts anyways.

Got up to number 29. =/

EDIT- ^_^

Rock Head
10-11-2008, 08:11 PM
Deoxys-S hopefully will not be banned becuz we need one thing that is super fast i mean if they did that with Deoxys S then ninjask will fall too as it has insane speed.

Synral
10-11-2008, 08:28 PM
Speed is only part the reason they want to ban Deoxys-S to Ubers. Most of the reason is it's incredibly diverse movepool, and capable of hitting most everything for super-effective, and OHKOing Blissey (With Stealth Rock, of course).
But I don't see that it really needs to be moved to ubers. Garchomp was moved because he didn't have a true counter, since he 2KO'd everything halfway to hell. Deoxys-S doesn't have the ability to boost his stats to ridiculously high levels like Chomp, so if he can't hit something for super-effective damage, it can generally find a way around him.
Spiritomb, for instance, counters Deoxys-S really well. Pursuit OHKO's if he switches out, Sucker Punch if he stays it. Really easy. Bronzong, Jirachi, and Metagross work fairly nicely, too, because he can't hit them for super-effective damage, barring Fire Punch/Hidden Power Fire, which shouldn't 2KO thanks to an average 95 base offense.
So Deoxys has quite a few counters, and he's easily shut down by priority move-users, like Dusknoir, Scizor, and Lucario.
Don't put the poor guy in ubers. He'll be eaten alive by everything there.

Eternal
10-11-2008, 10:25 PM
No Deoxys-S discussion here.

Only voters with the recommended points are allowed.

mast xx pkmn
10-12-2008, 03:10 PM
if we have those ratings where do you vote

Eternal
10-12-2008, 11:54 PM
Just PM me.

Also I've decreased the requirement to atleast 1550.

PM me if you want Deo-E as Uber or OU.

Farmer
10-18-2008, 05:33 PM
No eternal dont even take the tu leaderboard into acount because a whole bunch of people already started to cheat on it.

Rock Head
10-18-2008, 05:35 PM
No eternal dont even take the tu leaderboard into acount because a whole bunch of people already started to cheat on it.

yeah im not saying names but everyone with a good sense of judgement should vote like snypar or iac as

Disco_stu
10-18-2008, 06:44 PM
Why do you have to prove yourself on a shoddy leaderboard just to vote - are you meant to prove yourself or something before your view can be valid?

Eternal
10-19-2008, 01:29 AM
Why do you have to prove yourself on a shoddy leaderboard just to vote - are you meant to prove yourself or something before your view can be valid?

Shoddy would be the most valid way to understand who has been staying acknowledged with the current metagame.

While if you want to make your own viewpoint of why Deoxys-E should stay OU, I'll make a new thread.

Kuja20
10-20-2008, 12:18 PM
everyone deserves a vote, saying people should have a rating above 1500 on smogon or +1000 on TU, its like saying someone doesnt deserve a vote cos they are black or something. We all play pokemon here (well most of us), and each person should like to influence it in someway. We do not need to follow how smogon does things in every aspect.

Rock Head
10-20-2008, 06:34 PM
everyone deserves a vote, saying people should have a rating above 1500 on smogon or +1000 on TU, its like saying someone doesnt deserve a vote cos they are black or something. We all play pokemon here (well most of us), and each person should like to influence it in someway. We do not need to follow how smogon does things in every aspect.

Wow have you ever been a motovational speaker? you would turn the lives of people

Raquan95
10-23-2008, 01:22 AM
If Deoxys-S gets banned I'm leaving this place xD. Seriously its not that hard to beat. **** I'm so close to being able to vote. 170 points xD.

Stone_Cold22
10-23-2008, 03:09 AM
Just my input....why should we copy smogons ideas when we are in fact not smogon?

And what happen to right to free speach? Everyone should have a vote if we do, do this. However I myself believe Deoxys S is not uber, it is easily one of the more dominant pokes in the game.

Farmer
10-23-2008, 01:39 PM
Just my input....why should we copy smogons ideas when we are in fact not smogon?

And what happen to right to free speach? Everyone should have a vote if we do, do this. However I myself believe Deoxys S is not uber, it is easily one of the more dominant pokes in the game.Well I have to disagree it Uber in my opinion it already a overcentralzing force any offensive team without a scarf lead or brick break is hard press to win the match.If a pokemon limits the metagame by making things less viable it uber to me Garchomp could be stop if you had one bulky pokemon that could hit it with ice then something faster to revenge kill so i dont see how carrying brick break on every team isnt overcentralizing.There no way to prevent it from seting up withot some scarf lead which is a little to much for one pokemon there very little needed to set up and just to much of a reward being the fastest pokemon in the game there no way to taunt as it has the fastest taunt in the game It fits the defition of a uber so I do think a vote is needed though i would just say we just go with the outcome of the smogon vote and It wouldnt be following smogon since there members from multiple of other communites voting on the matter even some from our site I dont see a reason we need to host one ourselves but I already see a bunch of bad players complaing if it goes uber just like chomp because they cant win without it.

Schaft
10-25-2008, 12:10 PM
Imo everybody should have a right to vote, also the ones who are to lazy to ladder but who obviously know enough about the current metagame to make a good judgement about this, and maybe even those who don't.

i am cool
10-25-2008, 12:46 PM
don't discuss in this thread.
please discuss in the other.

also if u don't have a counter to scizor then it's gg, but that doesn't make him uber now does it?

Eternal
10-26-2008, 04:31 PM
Don't want nubs to vote.

A noob who doesn't know about the metagame or never battled enough to realize if Deoxys-E should be uber or OU in the current metagame.

How hard is it to get 1500? You really shouldn't be complaining about that.

Eternal
10-26-2008, 04:36 PM
So far the votes have stated that 67% of the people voted Deo-E to be uber.

Everywhere the majority have spoken it to be uber.

Even view a lot of discussion of good battlers here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47497

The majority that stated it to be uber here are all good battlers. So do you want to agree with the people that know what they're doing or just take votes from everyone?

Some people like Kuja stated that everyone should be able to vote. I disagree. Does the US actually take popular votes to decide who's going to be president? No. The governement doesn't trust that the majority of people are voting for "intellectual" reasons. So the Electoral College makes the decision through popular votes and intellectual reasons.

Kuja20
10-27-2008, 01:13 PM
So far the votes have stated that 67% of the people voted Deo-E to be uber.

Everywhere the majority have spoken it to be uber.

Even view a lot of discussion of good battlers here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47497

The majority that stated it to be uber here are all good battlers. So do you want to agree with the people that know what they're doing or just take votes from everyone?

Some people like Kuja stated that everyone should be able to vote. I disagree. Does the US actually take popular votes to decide who's going to be president? No. The governement doesn't trust that the majority of people are voting for "intellectual" reasons. So the Electoral College makes the decision through popular votes and intellectual reasons.
But this isnt the US presidential voting is it? I feel like im being cut short and not given the chance, the entry conditions for the collaboration of teams for example, i qualify for, i spend more than 30 mins a day on shoddy and my skill level is relatively high, but no i get pushed aside.

Same for this voting, i think that my relative skill level should at least qualify my for a vote, hell ive even got top 3 of the TU leaderboard at one point.

Snypar
10-27-2008, 04:02 PM
Eternal you said TU was a m ix of wifi and Shoddy yet your making TU seem it's only Shoddy.....