PDA

View Full Version : REGICE TO OU (SERIOUS DISCUSSION)

xXxAngelxXx
10-19-2008, 02:45 AM
I say Regice for OU. 420SpD w/o a +SpD nature. It soaks up deoxysEs tbolts and focus blasts and rapes with ice beam. OU. In hail it's a friggin beast.

Super Shedinja
10-19-2008, 02:54 AM
If you take into account it's SR weak, and also to Fire and fighting, and also with Blissey being the main Special Wall, and no reliable recovery move, I doubt it would break out of BL any time soon.

mosers15
10-19-2008, 03:51 AM
it wont break out of BL but its better than registeel in countering skymin for sure...and has better offensive capabilities...but gets demolished in seconds by even special attacks from infernape and heatran

FYS-guard
10-19-2008, 03:55 AM
it wont break out of BL but its better than registeel in countering skymin for sure...and has better offensive capabilities...but gets demolished in seconds by even special attacks from infernape and heatran

And even quicker by apes, heras and lukes close combats. Not only that, but like super shedinja said, it has no decent recovery move, it has a stealth rock weakness and its not exactly great at stalling unless all your opponents physical sweeprs are gone and your opponent has no steel types.

+Addative
10-19-2008, 04:26 AM
VOTE FOR REGICE!

I seriously think he deserves OU. He is a great special wall

Regice @ Leftovers
Nature: Calm (i think)
Ability: Clear Body
Evs: idk right now.
-Tbolt
-Ibeam
-Rest
-Slptalk

I've been running that on my shoddy team for a while, it works wonders. Yes, being SR weak is a disadvantage, as a sponge usually needs to switch in and out alot, but rest is his friend. OU deserves Regice.

Kuja20
10-19-2008, 10:33 AM
as far as im concerned it stays in BL. Fire, Fighting, Rock, Steel weak. SR weak. Physical fighters laugh at regice, no reliable recovery move. Need i say more?

Disco_stu
10-19-2008, 05:27 PM
Many decent points have already been mentioned.

It has a poor typing for a wall with four weaknesses to common types with no recovery outside of rest, its not gonna be making a move OU anytime soon unless (for some stupid reason Bliss moves to Uber).

Everything else has already been said.

Jari
10-19-2008, 08:45 PM
Besides, it isn't even used that much to be called OU.

i am cool
10-20-2008, 08:24 PM
exaclty what i wanted to read/hear jari, ou is determined by usage ;_;, get that in your ******* minds, read kuja's damn explanation on the tier list, if i see any other person not knowing how the tiers work....then something unpleasuring for said user will happen, please may you kindly read kuja's tier list explanation?

now back to topic...........blissey completely outclasses it, it has nothing special going on for it, sr weak, no RELIABLE revoery move and it completely gets raped by the metagame's top threats, also mosers, that statement is wrong on so many levels....u know that with sr specs modest seed flare 2hkos regice right? while a specs modest ep won't even 2hko registeel? yeah.....

Elevator Music
10-23-2008, 01:01 AM
Regice has that serious lack of recovery and SR issue. It makes it hard to rely on for walling, especially if you want to cover the bulk of special threats.

Unless it sees serious usage it won't be OU anyways though.

jackched123
10-24-2008, 03:44 PM
regice will never be ou because if the same reasons before 99% of teams have sr and being weak to fire, fighting and steel means that scizor can just come in and sd on a switch or bullet punch

SSBBmania
10-31-2008, 01:59 AM
Regice has an immense special defense stat without EVs, and 328 defense max. It doesn't have a real recovery move other than Rest, which is a downside because they can send something in and setup while Regice is sleeping. Although, in Regice's defense, it does have Curse, which is a really nice setup move on a special wall, turning it into a quite powerful mix wall, as curse adds its attack as well. The speed - isn't very nice, but its not like Regice was real fast anyways. It also gets Avalanche, which is just plain Amazing. 60 base power + STAB is 90 BP. + the 2x boost since you are OBVIOUSLY slower and can take hits like no other, 180 BP. An earthquake from a 4 curse'd Regice does about 60%-80% to swampert, and Swampert got nothing but Roar, which is a GOOD counter, although swampert will be severely crippled. Although OU is exaggerated, it COULD be eligible with the Rest+Curse+Avalache+EQ hurts like no other. I still do not like its many weaknesses, but is Blissey any better? It may only take super-effective hits from Fighting, any physical hit pounds Blissey down. You could say "Blissey is meant as a special wall,", but the same could be said for Regice. All the counters stated are PHYSICALLY-based. In terms of special hits, nothing counters Regice. You can do the same switching Bliss out with Regice. It works very well with Gliscor and Tentacruel, as Regice takes care of Gliscor's Ice weakness better than anything, and Gliscor takes care of the Fighting/Rock/Steel weaknesses. Tentacruel takes the Fire/Steel/Fighting as well, and can spin away any Stealth Rocks. Gliscor can SETUP stealth rocks as well, and can be used with it. It could be OU, but it would require serious testing.

Super Shedinja
10-31-2008, 10:59 PM
Regice won't break out of BL. It's SR weak, no reliable recovery move, there is still a pink blob called Blissey running rampant, and it just isn't used enough. Regice won't break out of BL.

i am cool
11-01-2008, 04:28 PM
Regice won't break out of BL. It's SR weak, no reliable recovery move, there is still a pink blob called Blissey running rampant, and it just isn't used enough. Regice won't break out of BL.

well, it's oen of skymins best counters, i dunno it might break out of bl if ppl are so worried about skymin.