PDA

View Full Version : I made something

Jari
10-19-2008, 11:35 PM
I noticed that while playing OU my team could counter quite some common teams. But when does it go wrong? When something unusual from the BL tier shows up and rapes my team. So I decided to make a team with forgotten Pokemon and hopefully they can do something.

The team:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v147/Jari89/Other/140px-169Crobat.pnghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v147/Jari89/Other/150px-471_Glaceon.pnghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v147/Jari89/Other/140px-145Zapdos.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v147/Jari89/Other/140px-379Registeel.pnghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v147/Jari89/Other/199Slowking.pnghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v147/Jari89/Other/127Pinsir.png

Bat Out Of Hell (Crobat) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 160 HP/218 Spd/132 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Air Slash
- Hypnosis
- Taunt
- U-turn

This is my lead. Hypnosis like a Gengar, hax like a Skymin, Taunt who doesn't like to be Taunted and U-turn to flee when needed while doing a bit of damage.

Ice Queen (Glaceon) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Shadow Ball
- Wish

This is my only UU Pokemon. With some Agility support this thing can outspeed everything and hit everything like a Heatran. This thing's designed to be a sweeper. Wish is mainly a filler but has it's uses when it's dying.

Merzbow (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/32 Def/42 Spd/184 SDef
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Charge Beam
- Baton Pass
- Roost
- Agility

This one's supposed to pass Agility to Glaceon and hopefully a SpA boost aswell. It can also serve a bit as special defender and can take Ice Beams quite well, but it's useless against Ground types.

Panzer (Registeel) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP/6 Atk/252 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Curse
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Thunderpunch

This thing's literally a tank. It's meant to be a mixed wall meaning it can take both special and physical hits quite well. But it's main role is a physical wall that hopefully can take out something.

Haste The Day (Slowking) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 214 HP/44 SAtk/252 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Surf
- Grass Knot
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

Slowking is there to add some defenses on the special side. It should be able to live quite long with Slack Off and Thunder Wave.

Ensiferum (Pinsir) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 86 HP/252 Atk/172 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor
- Stone Edge

This one was hard to choose. I wanted a physical sweeper and a beast after receiving a speed boost. If Zapdos only can pull off an Agility this makes a nice receiver as it doesn't need SpA anyway. I wanted something with a lot of attack of course, average speed and something that's able to switch in. I considered Arcanine but it doesn't really need the speed anyway.. Rampardos has suprisingly weak but if you can outspeed and attack it hits HARD. Zangoose was a good option but to hard to switch in. Ursaring is a bit better but needs something like Facade or CB to pull off. I wanted to have freedom so I can choose which attack I want to use. Pinsir is Heracross' little brother but can do something which Heracross can't: Hit stuff like Gengar, Weezing and Bronzong with a SE Earthquake.

xXxAngelxXx
10-19-2008, 11:50 PM
WTF??? Firstly Zapdos and Crobat are NOT FORGOTTEN!! At least not to me. Second, I need to know what each poke on your team does. But

On the bat~ brave bird>air slash

Jari
10-20-2008, 12:20 AM
Go away if you can't rate a team.

Zapdos isn't forgotten, but this moveset works good and is rarely seen. Crobat is also very uncommon. Brave Bird is illegal with Hypnosis and I don't want to drop it because this isn't a sweeper in the first place.

xXxAngelxXx
10-20-2008, 01:27 AM
Very original. I like seeing SlowKing on a team. I would recommend ice beam in there though to deal with dragons. I also like your Pinsir idea. Just would like to give you an Ursaring set that has been working very well for me:

Ursaring @ Leftovers
Adamant
252Attk/200Spd/58HP
Quick Feet
Swords Dance
Ice Punch
Close Combat
Cross Chop

He's my lead. I usually can dance up and proceed to hit hard. Cc&combat are there for Tran,Zong,all that. IcePunch hits Gluscor, Roserade, Donphan, everything except fires and steels.

bugcatcherjason
10-20-2008, 02:19 AM

Zapdos isn't forgotten, but this moveset works good and is rarely seen. Crobat is also very uncommon. Brave Bird is illegal with Hypnosis and I don't want to drop it because this isn't a sweeper in the first place.

lol

FYS-guard
10-20-2008, 07:51 AM

lol

that goes for you too. lol, jk

Anyways Jari, my comments are in RED

Bat Out Of Hell (Crobat) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 160 HP/218 Spd/132 SAtk
- Air Slash
- Hypnosis
- Taunt
- U-turn

This is my lead. Hypnosis like a Gengar, hax like a Skymin, Taunt who doesn't like to be Taunted and U-turn to flee when needed while doing a bit of damage.

Nice moveset 8) This can really help you out. though taunting speed deo wont be a good idea, but then again, you have U turn to bring in the right poke for the situation.

Ice Queen (Glaceon) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Shadow Ball
- Wish

This is my only UU Pokemon. With some Agility support this thing can outspeed everything and hit everything like a Heatran. This thing's designed to be a sweeper. Wish is mainly a filler but has it's uses when it's dying.

Very nice indeed. This set has great coverage and is still able to support teammates.

Merzbow (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/32 Def/42 Spd/184 SDef
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Charge Beam
- Baton Pass
- Roost
- Agility

This one's supposed to pass Agility to Glaceon and hopefully a SpA boost aswell. It can also serve a bit as special defender and can take Ice Beams quite well, but it's useless against Ground types.

I like the idea of a potential double stat rise passer. Very clever 8) . that would make glaceon next to untouchable if you do get your rise unless ou are hit with priority moves like a scizors Bullet punch.

Panzer (Registeel) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP/6 Atk/252 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Curse
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Thunderpunch

This thing's literally a tank. It's meant to be a mixed wall meaning it can take both special and physical hits quite well. But it's main role is a physical wall that hopefully can take out something.

Haha, the good old physical bolt beam. After curse boosts, this thing will be body hard to kill. Crit hax from a physical fighting, fire or ground move after you set up will come close to KOing you however

Haste The Day (Slowking) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 214 HP/44 SAtk/252 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Surf
- Grass Knot
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

Slowking is there to add some defenses on the special side. It should be able to live quite long with Slack Off and Thunder Wave.

Not much to say here Calm mind sets do work well but your set fills its role well so move swapping will only do damage, lol

Ensiferum (Pinsir) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 86 HP/252 Atk/172 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor
- Stone Edge

This one was hard to choose. I wanted a physical sweeper and a beast after receiving a speed boost. If Zapdos only can pull off an Agility this makes a nice receiver as it doesn't need SpA anyway. I wanted something with a lot of attack of course, average speed and something that's able to switch in. I considered Arcanine but it doesn't really need the speed anyway.. Rampardos has suprisingly weak but if you can outspeed and attack it hits HARD. Zangoose was a good option but to hard to switch in. Ursaring is a bit better but needs something like Facade or CB to pull off. I wanted to have freedom so I can choose which attack I want to use. Pinsir is Heracross' little brother but can do something which Heracross can't: Hit stuff like Gengar, Weezing and Bronzong with a SE Earthquake.

A very good choice there. I wouldnt have put that much thought into it, lol. Maybe i should? I Like the mold breaker strategy, but i hated the slowness of the pokes with the ability. you found a way to fix that.

This is a great team overall. You have a weakness to rock moves though, so you'd wanna set up to be safe. SR s aother weakness, so make sure you taunt the rockers. Substitute passing wouldnt be a bad option for zapdos, but roost and charge beam serve their purpose well and switching moves could make your team fall apart.

Jari
10-20-2008, 12:44 PM
Yeah, I noticed the Rock weakness. That's why I added Registeel. But kinda forgot that Pinsir's also Rock weak which means I have 4 Rock weak Pokes. Guess I could swap Registeel with Donphan, but then I lose some coverage. Oh well, I should test this and see how it works out.
It appears that I have made a nice team (on paper at least) even though I suck at making teams =P

Inferno
10-20-2008, 03:22 PM
To be honest, Glaceon is not much in the ways of a sweeper. With a max speed (Max nature, evs, ivs) of 251, this thing will be outrun by the vast majority of things out there. Coupled with the fact that Ice is one of the worst defensive types (Along with Water/Rock and Bug/Flying), chances are, you won't survive a lot of commonly used Pokemon in both the OU and BL tiers. Hell, it doesn't even have to be a super strong Pokemon like Aerodactyl with Choice Band or Typhlosion (With or without scarf). Just about anything can take out a timid Glaceon, while the lack in power makes it impossible to truly do a revenge kill. Even with the Agility passed onto it, anything viable that is bulky or has Roar will ruin your strategy.

FYS-guard
10-21-2008, 06:35 AM
To be honest, Glaceon is not much in the ways of a sweeper. With a max speed (Max nature, evs, ivs) of 251, this thing will be outrun by the vast majority of things out there. Coupled with the fact that Ice is one of the worst defensive types (Along with Water/Rock and Bug/Flying), chances are, you won't survive a lot of commonly used Pokemon in both the OU and BL tiers. Hell, it doesn't even have to be a super strong Pokemon like Aerodactyl with Choice Band or Typhlosion (With or without scarf). Just about anything can take out a timid Glaceon, while the lack in power makes it impossible to truly do a revenge kill. Even with the Agility passed onto it, anything viable that is bulky or has Roar will ruin your strategy.

Thats why he has charge beam on zapdos. no scarfed poke other than deoxys S (which never run scarf) will outspeed it with scarfed gengars being the fastest used scarfed poke in OU with 478 speed (somewhere around there). Glaceon will have 502 off 1 agility. and the only painful priority move to glaceon is a tech scizors bullet punch. glaceon is able to take out any heatran that is stupid enough to revenge kill (and most people would do that hoping for the special wall glaceon). Lack of power? where are you going there? lol. it can make over 350 sp atk off timid nature + LO boost. thats fairly nasty when you think about. it will have approx 455 sp atk with no boost. and a charge beam boost will add an extra 50% on top of that bringing it up to approx 678 sp atk. thats nothing to laugh at.

Its not designed to revenge kill, its designed to come in on a poke it can counter once zapdos has got its stats boosted and ready to pass. and yes, roarers do stuff it up, we all know that. but thats why his crobat runs taunt. and your common taunters (gyara for example) wont want to stay in on a souped up charge beam unless theyre ground type.

Jari
10-21-2008, 01:03 PM
Glaceon should be a fairly easy switch in because of it's Ice resistance. Zapdos is a real Ice Beam magnet. Ice punch is even better because of it's higher def. The downside is that it's gonna kill itself eventually with LO if it switches in on a heavy hit. Scizor doesn't like to switch in pon it's Ice Beam. Heck, iac brought his Scizor in on a CH Ice Beam and got OHKO'd. So if he comes in on an Ice Beam or Hidden Power it probably loses at least 50% of it's health. If it decides to SD it's an easy 2HKO. If it uses Bullet Punch right away it might do quite some damage but it probably isn't a OHKO. Zapdos also seems to be a Blissey magnet. Ice Beam won't do ****, especially after a Roost. Blissey seems to carry Toxic a lot. Either Toxic or Thunder Wave. Twave is nasty if you're bringing in Zapdos again. Toxic isn't really dangerous because it doesn't do much damage and you might get 2 Charge Beams on Blissey. Sure it doesn't hurt Blissey, but you do have +2 speed and +2 SpA. And an Ice Beam from a +2 SpA Glaceon hurts a lot.