PDA

View Full Version : Updated an old team

Jari
10-20-2008, 06:02 PM
Team at glance: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v147/Jari89/Other/ShinyAzelf.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v147/Jari89/Other/Empoleon.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v147/Jari89/Other/Forretress.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v147/Jari89/Other/Porygon-Z.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v147/Jari89/Other/Zapdos.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v147/Jari89/Other/Lucario.gif

Alondite (Azelf) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 6 Atk/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Fire Blast
- Taunt

This was a Honchkrow but all I could hope was to get in a Thunder Wave and a CH Night Slash.
No Explosion for 2 reasons: 1, it's too predictable and 2, Forretress can already blow stuff up. Maybe it can serve as a revenge killer later. Or maybe I should replace it with a Tricking Alakazam or Gengar.

Florete (Empoleon) (F) @ Petaya Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 28 HP/12 Def/216 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Agility
- Surf
- Substitute
- Grass Knot

I love this idea but I can't seem to pull it off. It's walled too much imo. And Agility isn't needed if I pass it from Zapdos.

Caladbolg (Forretress) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/162 Atk/96 Def
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Toxic Spikes
- Explosion

Set up the spikes, blow the opponent's away and blow up when done.

Falchion (Porygonz) @ Life Orb
Ability: Download
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 SAtk
Rash nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Return
- Nasty Plot
- Tri Attack
- Dark Pulse

It used to be a horribly outdated LO Deoxys-S.
This is the main receiver. Hopefully it gets a SpA and speed boost from Zapdos. A 2x STAB is nice, but so is a +1 Att/SpA boost.

Ragnell (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/96 Spd/160 SDef
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Roost
- Baton Pass
- Agility
- Charge Beam

The same Zapdos as always. The speed's probably overkill. Should I raise the Def or SpD?

Gurgurant (Lucario) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Extremespeed
- Stone Edge

The standard SDLuke. Since it's a potential speed receiver and it abuses Extremespeed anyway, should I invest in one of it's defenses instead?

As you've noticed there are 3 Steel Pokémon. This shouldn't be a problem because Steel is a good type. They serve diffrent roles anyway.

FYS-guard
10-21-2008, 06:23 AM
Alondite (Azelf) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 6 Atk/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Fire Blast
- Taunt

This was a Honchkrow but all I could hope was to get in a Thunder Wave and a CH Night Slash.
No Explosion for 2 reasons: 1, it's too predictable and 2, Forretress can already blow stuff up. Maybe it can serve as a revenge killer later. Or maybe I should replace it with a Tricking Alakazam or Gengar

Id keep this as your lead. It is weak to deoxys S leads so you could perhaps teach it U turn to deal a ton of damage if it does decide to taunt you or put up rocks and bring in a counter. However, since you are sashed, i wouldnt advise it unless you'd consider a life orb. although, you do have foretress and rapid spin so SR shouldnt be a problem

Florete (Empoleon) (F) @ Petaya Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 28 HP/12 Def/216 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Agility
- Surf
- Substitute
- Grass Knot

I love this idea but I can't seem to pull it off. It's walled too much imo. And Agility isn't needed if I pass it from Zapdos

This empoleon doesnt always need sub. Its quite bulky and can easily survive a modest gengars T bolt. your health is usually just off the petaya boost so you could then bring this in on a rapid spinner as a counter and get your berry boost. your opponent usually switches out of fear of losing their spinner so you can then get a free agility and sweep from there. that way, you can opt to have Ice beam or flash cannon>substitute. this depends on the team you face however. it would work insanely if you BP a zapdos agility and charge beam boost to it instead

Caladbolg (Forretress) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/162 Atk/96 Def
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Toxic Spikes
- Explosion

Set up the spikes, blow the opponent's away and blow up when done.

Lol, sounds good!! nothing wrong with this

Falchion (Porygonz) @ Life Orb
Ability: Download
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 SAtk
Rash nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Return
- Nasty Plot
- Tri Attack
- Dark Pulse

It used to be a horribly outdated LO Deoxys-S.
This is the main receiver. Hopefully it gets a SpA and speed boost from Zapdos. A 2x STAB is nice, but so is a +1 Att/SpA boost.

A BP from zapdos will do nicely for porygon Z indeed. it will be more effective than the scarf set coz bliss doesnt wall it and you can switch moves, which is a good thing in any case

Ragnell (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/96 Spd/160 SDef
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Roost
- Baton Pass
- Agility
- Charge Beam

The same Zapdos as always. The speed's probably overkill. Should I raise the Def or SpD?

If i were you, Id consider raising your Sp def for 1 reason. none of your pokes other than empoleon can switch into a fire move safely. Azelf gets 2HKOed, luke gets OHKOed, forretress gets OHKOed and Porygon Z wont be any good at soaking up fire, lol

Gurgurant (Lucario) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Extremespeed
- Stone Edge

The standard SDLuke. Since it's a potential speed receiver and it abuses Extremespeed anyway, should I invest in one of it's defenses instead?

Theres not a hell of a lot it can survive, and its not like it will always be receiving so to be safe, leave it as it is. without boosts, its still a menace off 1 SD

As you've noticed there are 3 Steel Pokémon. This shouldn't be a problem because Steel is a good type. They serve diffrent roles anyway.

You are weak to fire moves so you may want to opt for a heatran? fighting moves can be a bit of a worry, however, you do have counters for those so good prediction gets around them.

also, you might want to try and bring any electivires down early coz if your opponent happens to predict your zapdos using a charge beam (which they think is a T bolt), then they can proceed to demolish most of your team thanks to their awesome coverage. so be sure to keep forretress alive in case one shows up

Jari
10-21-2008, 01:28 PM
Empoleon needs Substitute for stuff like Leech Seed, Thunder Wave and Sleep. Not sure if I should ditch Agility, but I think it's best to keep it because I can't rely on Zapdos' boosts. Porygonz's gonna be the main receiver and even though Zapdos is hard to take down, it isn't really impossible. Especially if it already took a dent from setting up.
I'll give Zapdos more SpD, just like my main Zapdos. 572 speed is overkill anyway. I put all EV's into SpD and went for a Calm nature. Heatran is a nice for any team, but I already have Zapdos and Heatran on my main team. He'd be my main receiver again if I put him on this team. I have to rely on Zapdos and Empoleon as the Fire Counters.

Schaft
10-23-2008, 09:09 AM
lol huge heatran weakness, 3 weaks for fire and no resists and no pokes outspeeding scarftran = :( .

so lemme try to change it a bit, and if you don't like it just don't use it lol.

At first sight I would say change Empoleon and P-z, and change Zapdos' and Luca's moveset.

If you would change P-z for Swampert for instance, it isn't really needed imo to use that zapdos set. I assume you still want a kinda sweeperish Zapdos so this set might work out:

Zapdos@ leftovers
Modest Nature
196 hp / 252 def / 44 Speed / 18 Sp Atk
Roost
Heat Wave
Hp (grass)
Discharge/Tbolt

and Lucario to

Lucario @ life orb
Jolly Nature
252 Atk / 252 Speed / 6 Def
Sword Dance
Ice Punch
Extreme Speed
Close Combat

Like I previously considered, it might be smart to replace Porygon-z with for instance Swampert, who prob would be a rest talker in that case.

Might be an idea to get this pert:

Swampert @ leftovers
Careful Nature
252 Hp / 252 Sp Def / 6 Atk
Waterfall
Curse
Rest
Sleep Talk

Sorry to say but Im not really a Empoleon lover (shame on me) so I would change that too, for instant this a scarftran

I know it's terrible common etc but it does his job, and would act as your (really needed) revenge killer.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Naive Nature
252 Speed/ 252 Sp Atk / 6 hp
Hp Electric (totally forgot about gyara so hp electric here)
Explosion
Fire Blast
Earth Power.

Team should be pretty solid this way, altho you should be wary of Gyarados ruining your day. Best strat would be Hp electric with heatran first scouting for a gyara switch in, or just blow up on it with forretress lol.

I've included plat changes so I hope you do shoddy or have an ar xD. otherwise just keep stone edge on luca and get a subroost zapdos with sub/tbolt/hp ice- hp grass/roost.

so this was my rate, hope it helped you something.

Jari
10-24-2008, 02:38 AM
I already have Swampert and Heatran in my main team. And I'm not a big fan of Scarftran. I prefer LO so I can switch attacks. Besides, Zapdos pretty much walls and outspeeds Heatran and can BP to Empoleon when needed.