PDA

View Full Version : Sandstream team

Inferno
10-22-2008, 05:15 PM
I decided to do an SS team. Yes, I am not posting pictures now. In class and takes far too much work.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers

Sandstream

Impish

252 HP, 252 Def, 6 Attk

Slack Off
Stealth Rock
EQ
Stone Edge

Bronzong @ Occa Berry

Levitate

Bold

252 HP, 252 Def, 6 Sp.attk

Hypnosis
Calm Mind
HP Fighting
Shadow Ball

Heatran @ Leftovers

Flash Fire

Modest

252 HP, 252 Sp. Attk, 6 Spd

Substitute
Earthpower
HP Electric or Explode
Lava Plume

Regirock @ Expert Belt or Big Root

Clear Body

Careful

252 HP, 252 Sp.def, 6 Def

Curse
Drain Punch
Ice Punch
Stone Edge

Dugtro @ Life Orb

Arena Trap

Jolly

252 Attk, 252 Speed, 6 HP

EQ
Sucker Punch
Aerial Ace
Rock Slide

Swampert @ Leftovers

Torrent

Careful

252 HP, 252 Sp.def, 6 Def

Curse
Avalanche
Earthquake
Waterfall

Disco_stu
10-22-2008, 07:12 PM
MixApe weak.

Dugtrio can revenge kill but one of your pokes is gonna die.

Statigar
10-22-2008, 08:48 PM
substitute hippodown for metagross. Its alot more powerful, and will counter grass type attacks.

Snypar
10-22-2008, 08:55 PM
Like most SS teams it has the weakness to Gyara and Ape, Poreon can fix that problem but I tend to have a separate MixApe counter like Tenta or Mesperit, Both work well with Poreons Wish support, Tenta has the advantage with laying T-Spikes but Mesperit can handle Gyara in way.

Occa berry on Zong....***** please.

Inferno
10-22-2008, 10:02 PM
substitute hippodown for metagross. Its alot more powerful, and will counter grass type attacks.

Then how am I going to set up sandstream? T-Tar? I think not. Too many weaknesses, not to mention the glaring weakness to Mixape and Scarfcross. Hippowdon is a necessary on a Sandstream team.

"Occa berry on Zong....***** please." - Snypar

And this is where I leave this site. Obviously if something like this can go unnoticed, I cannot stay here. I bid you all adieu.

FYS-guard
10-22-2008, 10:40 PM
Like Disco Stu said, this team is weak to MixApe. Rather than switch pokes, Id recommend teaching hippowdon roar. That way you can view yor opponents team and determine who you will use as fodder against an Infernape. then, once the inernape kills the fodder, you can revenge kill with dugtrio

A scarftran can also negate your MixApe weakness. It is able to come in and soak up Flamethrower, HP ice and grass knot. 3 out of 4 moves that do vitually nothing to heatran. Just make sure you dont reveal it too early or your opponent will be trying to predict the switch ad kill it as it coms in to counter

Give regirock expert belt. The more damage Drain punch does, the more health you get back anyway

You dont appear weak to ice moves so if you decide to run a scarftran, keep HP electric

Disco_stu
10-23-2008, 11:50 AM
"Occa berry on Zong....***** please." - Snypar

And this is where I leave this site. Obviously if something like this can go unnoticed, I cannot stay here. I bid you all adieu.

DaPlayaFlow
10-23-2008, 12:14 PM

Fail dear god fail. The title is SS team so he needs hippo.. having said that ttar makes a better lead IMO.

Snypar
10-23-2008, 01:52 PM
Someone went all emo for one comment.....

BAI THEN. :D

Inferno
10-23-2008, 10:46 PM

You used a derogatory term when it was completely uncalled for. It is pretty obvious that you are a charlatan. So I will merely ignore you. The only reason I stay is because a friend of mine wants me to. However, at this point it seems to be a mere formality.

beaconjames
10-23-2008, 10:59 PM
not a bad team.

SSBBmania
10-24-2008, 06:19 PM
I do not see a Mixape weak team OR Gyara weak team. Scarf the tran and give it HP Electric. Presto, negated weakness. Also, put stealth rock on bronzong, and put curse in its place for hippowdon. CurseHippo is very powerful and can put some serious hurting on a lot of defense walls. Also, I prefer Ice Fang instead of Stone Edge cause a lot of the time Mence/Gliscor comes in to rain on your parade. Ice Fang hits them both REALLY hard after a curse. Zong with Occa Berry can also counter Mixape, cause flamethrower will do 1/4 after Occa, and then put EQ on it and watch the fun begin, or just hypnosis. As for the easy water/grass weakness of most sandstorm teams, I can see Scarftran ripping through them both with HP Electr/Fire Blast. If something like Swampert comes, I think that CursePert can hurt it if it doesn't have roar (which most of them have). Otherwise, just go for a hypnosis with zong and then batter away. This team isnt PERFECT, but it is still a nice one. Good job. =]

BlackBlizzard
10-25-2008, 10:04 PM

You used a derogatory term when it was completely uncalled for. It is pretty obvious that you are a charlatan. So I will merely ignore you. The only reason I stay is because a friend of mine wants me to. However, at this point it seems to be a mere formality.

Ignore Snypar he is a fool. When comments like that appear just block them out. Never allow someone else's folly to force you to leave.

Disco_stu
10-25-2008, 11:02 PM

Ignore Snypar he is a fool. When comments like that appear just block them out. Never allow someone else's folly to force you to leave.
Even so, why is he even on the site? Comments towards race are ******* out of order.

FYS-guard
10-25-2008, 11:06 PM
guys, im sure Snypar wasnt directing the word "*****" towards a race. Im sure he used it as a sarcastic term when he mentioned the occa berry on bronzong. like this...

Occa berry on zong? Puhlease. :roll:

thats how his sentence appears to me. "*****" was probably used to emphasize what he meant. If he was using it as a racist term, im sure he'd be thrown out of here by now

xXxAngelxXx
10-26-2008, 02:53 AM
Im sick of Snypar too. Hence, my Shoddy ame:

TU_Snypar_Is_Fail.

Use ttar over hippo.

Snypar
10-26-2008, 09:25 PM
Even so, why is he even on the site? Comments towards race are ******* out of order.

Now all of a sudden I'm racist to my own race????

Angel your making yourself look stupid with that name because last time I checked you got 6-0'ed when you used that name.

xXxAngelxXx
10-26-2008, 11:27 PM
I just picked up some 4-0s with that name. And an epic 1-0

Inferno
10-28-2008, 12:50 AM
I did not take it as a racist term. I took it by context of the sentence. It was an insult.

i am cool
11-02-2008, 12:47 PM
1) snypar is black.

2) one more ************* comment not related to topic and i'm warning.

3) be nice, inferno don't take the internet seriously, not everyone will be nice to you and not everyone will like you, if you're going to go like that just because of one comment then you can't stay on a site for longer than a day, ignore someone who annoys you, simple as pie, but please to others, be nice ._.

4) starmie aids you with bthe gyara and mix ape weak, well maybe not lo gyara....maybe you can put a tentacruel for rapid spin support, toxic spikes set up and mix ape counter, while put a rotom-heat for those pesky gyara's, also, bronzong doesn't have instant recovery, hence why leftovers is recommeded.

Gars129
11-05-2008, 01:33 AM
I dont think you need 2 cursers.