PDA

View Full Version : Fearow Analysis

mosers15
10-23-2008, 08:28 PM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/quetzallord/fearow.jpg

BAWWWK I suffer miserably because i am extremely UU Bawwwwwwk. I love to abuse my beak. I scare people like Ash and get thunderbolted. Enough about my personal life! Lets see what I can dooo!
Tier-LOOOOWWWWWW UU
__________________________________________________ _____________________
Movesets
__________________________________________________ _____________________
Choice Band

Fearow @ Choice Band
Adamant/Jolly 252 Atk, 252 spe, 6 hp
Return
Drill Peck
Steel Wing / U-turn
Quick Attack / Pursuit

STAB Return and Drill Peck are its best options coming off a base 90 Attack. Steel Wing helps to cover Rock-types, while U-turn helps to get in a light hit while switching (it will hit Solrock and Lunatone with the same power as Steel Wing too). Quick Attack does some decent damage with STAB and Choice Band, and helps to finish off faster enemies. Pursuit can punish enemies if they are forced to run, like a Choice Bander stuck on Earthquake, or ideally a Ghost or Psychic stuck on a Choice Specs Shadow Ball.

Baton Passer

Fearow @ Liechi Berry/Leftovers
Adamant 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 6 hp
Keen Eye
Return/Agility
Drill Peck/Agility
Substitute/Agility
Baton Pass

Since Fearow can do nothing to hurt Steel-types, this is available so he can do something useful should a metallic enemy appear. Use Substitute or Agility, and then Baton Pass to a team mate. Liechi Berry works with Sub, so you can pass an Attack boost after you Sub down to low HP. It might even allow Fearow to sweep later in the game. Fearows options being really limited can not BP anything besides a substitute and agility and it doesnt even do that very well.

Toxic Stall

Fearow @ Leftovers
Jolly @ 252(200 Hp), 252 Spe, (58 Atk)
Keen Eye
Toxic/Return
Protect
Substitute
Roost

Vs Steels...this thing fails. Otherwise the concept is simple. Toxic the opposing pokemon and stall. Toxic-Protect-Substitute-Protect-Substitute-Roost...and so on
If you have toxic spikes support, you can replace toxic with return. Evs in Paratheses if you do opt to run return. Make sure fearow has an odd HP not divisable by 4

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~

Counters-
Aggron, as mentioned. For the same reasons, Probopass, Bastiodon and Mawile also work. Golem is also perfectly fine, although repeated hits from Steel Wing can wear him down. Rotom resists all his attacks, barring Pursuit or Assurance. Solrock and Lunatone take the STAB moves well, but dislike anything else. Any steel type will wall this. Steelix is the best counter to fearow. Anything else that can take a boosted return/drill peck, resist toxic, or roar it away is a good counter.

Credit to Smogon for Counters.

Statigar
10-23-2008, 08:54 PM
Excellent work!