PDA

View Full Version : [Team Retirement] Team Burst Limit

Raquan95
10-23-2008, 09:18 PM
Here I am somewhat retiring a team. It won't be used on the standard ladder now since well ******* know it and fix their teams to beat it. So whatever. You might have seen this team on the smogon shoddy server.

http://arkeis.com/images/pokemonfactory/deoxyse.png

Deoxys-S[Usain Bolt] @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EV's: 252 HP / 140 Def / 88 Spd / 28 SDef
Careful Nature(+SDef, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Recover

Deoxys-S leads off the army in a dominant fashion. Outspeeding every lead except other Deoxys-S (see EV spread). Deoxys-S is very important to my overall strategy since it sets up the spikes and stealth rock. Taunts MixPert, Hippowdon and suicide leads. This guy enjoys those suicide leads too. They are basically set up bait for me. Once they can't taunt or use SR they have no choice but to go suicide or just switch out. With three layers of spikes and SR set up. My opponent will take 12 to 50% of their health.

The weird thing about this set is the EV spread... why so bulky? Well I wanna be able to get up everything instead of settling for just SR. So a bulky spread was mandatory. The careful nature helps it take hits better also. Recover works really well with this bulky spread as it allows me to continually recover health until I have enough to set up some more. While doing this many people forget that pressure will build up.

The moveset is pretty self explanatory. Sets up spikes, SR and taunts stuff. Recover is for recovery of course.

Deoxys is named Usain Bolt because he is extremely fast...duh.

----------
http://arkeis.com/images/pokemonfactory/lucario.png
Lucario (M) [Bruce Lee] @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EV's: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature(+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch

Lucario starts the physical assault on my team. A somewhat weird set but this guy has swept many teams with ease and is has accounted for over half my victories. I prefer this guy to SpecsLuke. I understand that SpecsLuke is making a comeback ect. but I enjoy this luke better since it still adds a somewhat surprise factor to my team but it has more sweeping ability imo since it doesn't have to switch out whenever my opponent sends in a pokemon that resist the choiced move.

EV's are pretty standard here the thing about this set is the nature. I ran a jolly nature>adamant because

* I outspeed other Lucario that want all power.
* I outspeed Salamence
* I outspeed Gliscor running 280 spd.

All are OHKOd after a SD of course.

Then the attacking moves... ok Close Combat is NEEDED on lucario lol. Bullet Punch is for Mismagius and Gengar thinking they can switch in only fearing crunch but they outspeed me and can KO right? WRONG after a SD they are OHKOd by Bullet Punch. Ice Punch OHKO's Salamence and Gliscor easily with SR.

If you don't know why Lucario is named bruce lee well... HE OWNZ HARD. XD.

----------
http://arkeis.com/images/pokemonfactory/gyarados.png
Gyarados (M) [Muhammad Ali] @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EV's: 156 HP / 108 Atk / 100 Def / 144 Spd
Adamant Nature(+Atk ,-SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Taunt
- Stone Edge
- Waterfall

Even in a world with such a powerful grass type like Skymin, Gyarados remains one of the most feared pokes in the game. Running through teams with ease even when they have "counters" is not an easy task. Well I was talking about the LO set which I am clearly not running =P. BulkyDos may seem outdated but with Lucario and Scizor running about I found it to be almost necessary. It also covers Lucario's weaknesses nicely.

Pretty standard EV's for Bulky Dos. I may just add the attack EV's in HP since they really have no effect on the amount of damage he does. WHAT IS 4 POINTS DOING? With intimidate this guy is extremely bulky.

Ok so DD, Taunt and Attack. Speed issues make it hard but since he is bulky he can do it xD.

Named after Muhammad Ali because he "Floats like a butterfly and stings like a bee". Well if you don't get that logic lets look at the facts.
Gyarados adds a ground immunity hence floats like a butterfly. Once it finds an open area it stings like a bee.

----------
http://arkeis.com/images/pokemonfactory/rotomheat.png
Rotom-H [MC Hammer] @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EV's: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 Spd
Bold Nature(+Def, -Atk)
- Discharge
- Will o Wisp
- Overheat
- Shadow Ball

Rotom is the only true wall on this team. He also provides anti-spin support. I like this form for his ability to counter Scizor XD. It also makes a extremely good Metagross counter. He also beats all the common spinners like Starmie. Both stab moves dispose of it.

EV's are for bulkiness.

Moveset is self explanatory for what I want it to do.

Named after MC hammer because of the immunities he brings.

----------
http://arkeis.com/images/pokemonfactory/porygon2.png
Porygon2 [Average Joe] @ Leftovers
Ability: Trace
EV's: 252 HP / 120 Def / 40 SAtk / 96SDef
Modest Nature(+SAtk, -Atk)
- Discharge
- Thunder Wave
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Almost finished. Ok porygon2 is a pretty unique pokemon. Being able to switch into every Eveelution and Heatran, Gyarados and Salamence is nothing to laugh at. Sadly Platinum didn't really give him anything

The EV's provide lots of bulk for him. Recover lets him take even more hits.

Ok so he has the pseudo bolt beam combo there. T-Wave makes things slow for my last sweeper. Discharge also can spread some paralysis around. Recover is for recovery.

He is named average joe because he is normal and I couldn't think of anything better lol.

----------
http://arkeis.com/images/pokemonfactory/jirachi.png
Jirachi [Superstar] @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EV's: 252 HP / 80 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature(+Spd, -Atk)
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt

Jirachi is my late game sweeper. Not much else to say =P.

BlackBlizzard
10-23-2008, 11:29 PM
There is really nothing to rate on your team. Looks well thought out and planned out. Other then good job and good luck there is nothing else lol XD

xXxAngelxXx
10-26-2008, 04:48 AM
Lucario~ Steadfast>InnerFocus

Getting faster helps so much. All I have go say other than that is GJ.

Raquan95
10-26-2008, 09:02 PM
306 speed is fine. The only thing that would be useful against is Ambipom. Skymin would just use EP

xXxAngelxXx
10-27-2008, 07:13 AM
gj then.

Kuja20
10-27-2008, 10:18 AM
lol if the teams in retirement whats the point of getting it rated?

FYS-guard
10-27-2008, 10:20 AM
lol if the teams in retirement whats the point of getting it rated?

He might want opinions so he can update it later. I do that too. my first ever team has changed so much thanks to the given opinions

IchooseU
10-27-2008, 10:36 PM
Team works really fine,

I tested it , works solid if you can get the Spieks And SR up, And deo-e makes themm waste pp like crazy.