PDA

View Full Version : Clefable Analysis

mosers15
10-25-2008, 07:22 PM
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q241/psychopathic_demon_girl/Anime%20and%20Games/Pokemon/clefable.gif

The men in black didn’t greet me as I fell from the moon…..CLEFABLE SMASH!!!!!
That fat @ss Blissey makes me look bad…..Ill have to use my amazing metronome powers to destroy her. Muahahahahahaha I guess I have to use my moveset WHORENESS.
Tier-UU

Plain and simple- Clefable = Mini Blissey. At the same time Clefable has a lot setting her apart including over 9000 moveset options.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Movesets
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Mini Blissey-

Clefable @Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
Nature: Calm
Evs: 252 Hp 252 Sp Def 4 Def
-Softboiled
-Reflect/Light Screen
-Ice Beam/Seismic Toss
-Thunder Wave/Steath Rock/Toxic

This is what happens when blissey goes on Jenny craig. However unlike Blissey, Clefable doesnt have 255 hp stat or a huge Sp Def. T-Wave for slowing down the fast sweepers like Gengar, Azelf, Salamence. Ice Beam to stop Specmence or Seismic Toss for its 100 damage. SoftBoiled for recovery.

-Status Sweeper-

Clefable @Toxic Orb
Nature: Naughty
Evs: 252 Attack 252 Hp 4 Sp. Attack
-Protect
-Facade
-Fire Blast
-SoftBoiled

Protect To scout and To activate Toxic Orb without getting damaged. Turn 2 with poisoned status this allows Clefable to be unable to be slept or t-waved. Facade To hit Enemies Hard and Fire Blast For Ghosts and Walls Like Skarmory, Steelix, and other steels. Soft Boiled to recover after taking hits.

-Calm Mind-

Clefable @Leftovers/Life Orb
Nature: Modest
Evs: 252 Hp 180 Def 74 Sp. attack
-Softboiled
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Calm Mind

Clefable has a base sp attack of 95 and shouldn't be ignored. With Its Defense It is capable of taking hits while it calm minds. All Weather, Burn, Toxic, Life Orb and Recoil Damage is negated by the its awesome ability of Magic Guard. It Can dish some Damage and is very Sturdy even before calm minding a few times.

-Gravity Abuser-

Clefable @Leftovers/Life Orb
Evs: 252 Hp/180 SP.Atk/ 78 Def
-Softboiled
-Thunder/Blizzard/Fire Blast
-Fire Blast/Thunder/Blizzard
-Gravity

Clefable is one of the few pokemon to get gravity which does some awesome things. For 5 turns after this move is used, immunity to Ground-type attacks, as well as immunity to Arena Trap, Toxic Spikes, and Spikes as a result of the Flying type, the Levitate ability, or Magnet Rise, is nullified. Further, the use of Bounce, Fly, Hi Jump Kick, and Jump Kick are prevented. If Fly or Bounce is in the process of being charged, the user immediately stops using the move when Gravity is used. During the effect, Evasion modifiers for all Pokémon on the field are lowered by two. This allows you to hit pokemon like articuno, claydol, Gengar, and more with ground type attacks. The most beneficial part is that evasion is lowered. This immediately ups the accuracy of Thunder/Blizzard/Fire Blast making them way better than there 95 BP counterparts. The EVs are more bent towards sweeping and doing damage.

-MoonBand-

Clefable @ Choice Band
Nature: Adamant
Evs: 68 HP / 252 Atk / 188 Spe >
-Double-Edge
-Meteor Mash
-Focus Punch
-Fire Blast

For starters the reason this is awesome is because of magic guard + double edge. Magic guard prevents recoil thus making double edge comparable to a close combat BUT without the stat loss. Meteor Mash is for the rocks that wish to wall you while fire blast takes down steels. Focus Punch for the predictions like a golem/steelix/aggron switch in. You can add the elemental punches in somewhere too.

-Ttar/Blissey Exterminator aka Clefaboah-

Clefable @ Leftovers
Nature: Adamant
Evs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 SpA
-Substitute
-Focus Punch
-Fire Blast
-Thunderbolt / Meteor Mash

Clefable can do a LOT including imitate tyraniboah. This set functions almost entirely the same way. Set up a sub and surprise the opponent with a focus punch or whatever the last 2 moves you choose are. Fire Blast is for steels and grass types like venusaur and meganium and celebi. Thunderbolt for the Gyarados and other bulky water coverage. Focus Punch to take out ALL of the annoying rocks and non neutral steels*this EXCLUDES jirachi, bronzong, metagross, and skarmory*.

-Cry me a river-

Clefable @ Leftovers
Evs: 132 HP / 252 SpAtk / 124 Def
-Fake Tears
-Ice beam
-Flamethrower/Softboiled
-Thunderbolt

This Clefable loves to cry and for good reason too. Fake tears lowers Sp def by 2 stages making it much harder for sp walls to stay in vs Clefable.

-Toxic Stall + Wish-

Clefable @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
Evs: 252 HP / 252 Def/4 Sp atk
-Toxic
-Wish
-Protect
-Ice beam/Tbolt/Flamethrower

Now HERES a set many people are familiar with. It’s the standard Blissey but in Clefable form. In UU this serves the same function as its OU counterpart. Toxic the opposing pokemon, protect to stall a turn or use one of the 3 sp atks to rack up some damage. Wish the next turn and repeat. Wish can be used for team support to making this set even more helpful. The choice of the last move is up to you.

-Little Drummer-

Clefable @ Salac Berry
Nature: Jolly
Evs: 252 Atk/252 spd/4 hp + 31 HP iv
-Belly Drum
-Double Edge
-Substitute/Softboiled
-Meteor Mash

Rum tum tum….whatever. Clefable can belly drum and sweep with a 120+STAB double edge that doesn’t do any recoil and a meteor mash that hits rocks. Substitute if you want to Sub up for the Salac Boost or Softboiled if you know your going to want to heal up the damage from belly drum in the case of getting phazed out.

-SpecsABLE-

Clefable @ Choice Specs
Evs: 68 HP / 252 SpA / 188 Spe
-Grass Knot
-Ice beam
-Flamethrower/Psychic/Shadow Ball/Focus Blast
-Thunderbolt

Of course Clefable can run specs! What cant it do? Grass knot to HURT Swampert and Rhyperior BADLY. Ice beam for those flyers and dragons and grasses that like to say hi. Flamethrower for steels etc, Psychic for heracross and weezing. Shadow Ball for rotom, banette, driftblim and any other ghost that thinks It can handle clefable. Focus Blast for a nice hard hitting move vs ttar and Aggron. Thunderbolt is there to hit gyarados and other bulky waters and random flyers that ice beam might not cover.

-Ive got my DS-

Clefable @ Light Clay
Evs: 252 Hp/170 Defense/ 80 Sp def
-Softboiled
-Light Screen
-Reflect
-Seismic Toss/Ice beam/Thunder Wave/Toxic

Clefable can set up both screens and do it well. Set up both screens and seismic toss away OR ice beam away. Use T wave or Toxic if you want to status and have it more as a supporting pokemon. Beware of taunt if you don’t have an attacking move though.

-Round of Applause-

Clefable @ Leftovers
Nature: Calm
Evs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 100 SpD / 4 Spe
-Thunder Wave
-Encore
-Softboiled / Wish
-Seismic Toss

Things just cant set up on clefable. Encore things that want to status you or set up on you and go to work with seismic toss and thunder wave. Softboiled/wish is up to you.

-Trick or Treat-

Clefable @ Choice Specs/Choice Band/Choice Scarf
Nature: Calm/Bold
Evs: 252 HP / 178 speed / 80 Sp Def
-Trick
-Softboiled / Wish
-Seismic Toss/FILLER
-FILLER

Heres the deal with this set. Trick Clefable can do anything with trick on its moveset. Make a specs set out of it….or a band set it doesn’t matter. The evs are general. Just throw trick onto a moveset and you can run with it.

-Ace in the Hole-

Clefable @ Leftovers
Evs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 100 SpD / 4 Spe
-Calm Mind / Light Screen
-Softboiled
-Counter
-Ice Beam / Seismic Toss

The plan here is to draw out a physical attack by using light screen or calm mind to make your special side incredibly hard to hit. At full health you should be able to take a lot of physical hits and counter them back. Ice beam if you choose calm mind and seismic toss if you choose light screen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Counters-
Since Advance, a 100% counter was impossible to most things that were a threat. For Clefable, you would only have 20% counters percentage-wise. It's as unpredictable as a suicidal murderer that escapes from prison. Fortunately, Clefable's attacking stats are decent but not too special, so a mistake will usually not cost you the game. It learns a lot of moves, but in Pokémon you only get to use four of them, so after you discover Clefable's set it will be quite easy to handle. Your best bet is switching to something with all-around good durability and type that doesn't get screwed up too quickly to check what Clefable's opening gambit is. Most physical sets can be stopped by Rhyperior, Steelix, Skarmory, Metagross, and Dusknoir, while special sets often have trouble with Blissey. Cresselia and Celebi tend to take little damage from either side.
-Credits to Smogon for Counters

MY opinion + Other options-
Clefable downright is a moveset beast. I got as many as I could for it but its options are near limitless. Just choose a move and you can run with it. A great pokemon in UU and an okay pokemon in OU.

Statigar
10-25-2008, 08:17 PM
What can i say? Truly spectacular 8)