PDA

View Full Version : Deoxys-A Analysis

Eternal
10-29-2008, 03:13 AM
I had to make this analysis since the one made by Angel here: http://www.teamuber.net/forum/viewtopic ... &sk=t&sd=a (http://www.teamuber.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=115&t=2820&st=0&sk=t&sd=a)

Was something I found as a complete joke, NO OFFENSE. Swagger set is a joke, why would you have Swagger. Any Pokemon can learn swagger. If the 50% fails for you, and you raise the opponent's Rayquaza'a Atk by 2 stages, gl getting pwned, since and move can OHKO it, why would you have leftovers on a Deo-A, complete joke. Sub Leichi doesn't work in Ubers as Petaya. The Life Orb, Specs, CB, Sash, and Petaya were all copied from Smogon. Smogon isn't as smart as you think they are. Shadow Ball is a pathetic move for Deo-A. Why would you have it when you have Ice Beam to counter Giratina, Latios, Latios, Lugia, etc. Suicide lead from a Deo-A completely doesn't work on. Rather Dual Screen Deo-E works a lot well. Mix sweeper set is basically the LO set, while you can't have Psycho Boost to reduce your sp.atk, that's not called sweeping.
----------

So here's my analysis on the improved Analysis of Deo-A:

Deoxys-A

http://www.arkeis.com/images/pokemonfactory/deoxys-fr.png

Pressure
Enemy attacks lose 1 extra PP. Increases wild encounter rate.

Type: Psychic

Base Stats: 50/180/20/180/20/150

------------------

LO Deo-A

Deoxys-A @ Life Orb
Nature: Hasty / Naive
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

-Thunder
-Ice Beam
-Superpower
-Grass Knot / Hidden Power Fire

Deoxys-A is an incredible mix sweeper, having incredible Atk and Sp.atk stats, this things packs monstrous hits. Thunder is intended to OHKO Pokemons like Kyogre and Manaphy and have an incredible 30% of paralyzing an enemy if they switch. Ice Beam is intended to pack damages on the abundant Dragon types on the Uber tier. Superpower for anything that tries to resist Deo-A's attacks, like Blissey and Dialga. Hidden Power is to cripple Pokemons that are usually used to counter Deo-A. Such as Scizor, Metagross, Jirachi. Although Hidden Power Fire isn't so viable as a counter do to first priority moves. While Grass Knot is a guarantee OHKO for Groudon's and Kyogres.

Specs Deo-A

Deo-A @ Choice Specs
Nature: Hasty / Niave
EV: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

-Ice Beam
-Thunder
-Superpower
-Psycho Boost

This set packs huge damages on any non-resistant Pokemons. See above details. Superpower for switch-ins like Blissey and Dialga. Psycho Boost for incredible damage with STAB.

CB Deo-A

Deoxys-A @ Choice Band
Nature: Adamant / Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

-Ice Punch
-ThunderPunch
-Superpower
-Fire Punch

Basically like Specs Deo-A instead it focuses on Deo-A's pshyical power.

Ice Punch OHKO's Latios and Latios. ThunderPunch won't KO Kyogre, but deal heavy damage. Superpower OHKO's Dialgas and Blisseys. Fire Punch cripples Jirachi's and Metagross. While Demolishing Scizors and Forretress'.

Sash Deo-A

Deo-A @ Focus Sash
EVs: 48 HP / 220 SpA / 240 Spe

-Ice Beam
-Superpower
-Thunder/Grass Knot
-Counter/Mirror

Very surprising set. Only works in one shot though. You wait to take a hit and counter the physical move or mirror coat the special move. Thus ending that Pokemon. Whie you have 1hp left with a big hit from Deo-A enough to sweep sometimes.

Sub Deo-A

Deoxys-A @ Petaya Berry

-Ice Beam
-Superpower
-Thunder
-Substitute

Simply substitute until you've recieved the Petaya Sp.Atk boost. Thus inscreaing your Sp.atk moves by 50%. This is very easy to obtain since Deo-A's speed is very high. While increasing its sp.atk will make it montrous against anything non-resistant to Ice Beam, Thunder, Superpower.

Anti-Lead Deo-A

Deoxys-f @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 180 Atk/252 Spd/78 SAtk
Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Superpower
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch
- Grass Knot

Originally created by I am cool. it is meant to be an anti-lead that
can possibly shut down all leads and crush them with his raw offensive power,
nothing can face this beast, even scizor supposedly it's best counter looses
to the scorching flames produced by fire punch, this is meant to shut down
the opposing lead and then switch out and come for a late game sweep.

Eternal
10-29-2008, 03:17 AM
This is also in protest that we should not have people that are inexperienced in certain tiers to make certain Anlaysis'.

I bet Angel has never had more than 10 uber battles in his life. No offense, if so, then you haven't been battling completely.

Iconic
10-29-2008, 03:21 AM
Well done Eternal! Ah much better. I'm not as familiar with Ubers, so I'll let someone like IAC comment ^_^. I'll add this to the Table of Contents if you haven't already done so.

Eternal
10-29-2008, 03:26 AM
Well done Eternal! Ah much better. I'm not as familiar with Ubers, so I'll let someone like IAC comment ^_^. I'll add this to the Table of Contents if you haven't already done so.

Yea, you can add it to the table of contents, thanks.

Twig
10-29-2008, 03:34 AM
Great job, Eternal. I agree, only experienced battlers should be analyzers...

Kuja20
10-29-2008, 12:24 PM
Im very familiar with Ubers, and its a very interesting tier. Im currently making a darkrai analysis atm, should be good once i get around to finishing it. Top 50 of ubers two or three times 8)

Carlo1003
10-30-2008, 03:09 AM
If this is the real Deoxys- A analysis, then delete the one Angel made and then chande the title to "Deoxys-A Analysis"

Btw, Eternal, you should add in, other options, opinions, then counters, to make it complete. :wink:

Overall, nice analysis.

DaPlayaFlow
10-30-2008, 12:04 PM
I thought I should change the name since the other topic is locked, Carlo is right we need counters and such. I guess I might be able to do that tomorrow.

Rock Head
10-30-2008, 06:43 PM
Yeah i really agree on Experienced battlers making analysis so then only Farmer and Eternal should pick Mods as they have power to pick the top 15 people in TU

mosers15
10-30-2008, 09:22 PM
rock head....thats one of the worst ideas ive ever heard.

Statigar
10-30-2008, 10:51 PM
Eternal... you're a bit harsh on Angel o.o

Rock Head
10-30-2008, 10:52 PM
rock head....thats one of the worst ideas ive ever heard.

I mean analyser

Kuja20
10-31-2008, 11:18 AM
Eternal... you're a bit harsh on Angel o.oTrust me its neccessary if we want GOOD analysis coming out rather than ones that are C&Ped from smogon or given a half assed job

Carlo1003
10-31-2008, 01:51 PM
Being harsh on people like Angel somewhat benefits the fourms. :o

i am cool
11-01-2008, 11:20 AM
I had to make this analysis since the one made by Angel here: viewtopic.php?f=115&t=2820&st=0&sk=t&sd=a (http://www.teamuber.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=115&t=2820&st=0&sk=t&sd=a)

Was something I found as a complete joke, NO OFFENSE. Swagger set is a joke, why would you have Swagger. Any Pokemon can learn swagger. If the 50% fails for you, and you raise the opponent's Rayquaza'a Atk by 2 stages, gl getting pwned, since and move can OHKO it, why would you have leftovers on a Deo-A, complete joke. Sub Leichi doesn't work in Ubers as Petaya. The Life Orb, Specs, CB, Sash, and Petaya were all copied from Smogon. Smogon isn't as smart as you think they are. Shadow Ball is a pathetic move for Deo-A. Why would you have it when you have Ice Beam to counter Giratina, Latios, Latios, Lugia, etc. Suicide lead from a Deo-A completely doesn't work on. Rather Dual Screen Deo-E works a lot well. Mix sweeper set is basically the LO set, while you can't have Psycho Boost to reduce your sp.atk, that's not called sweeping.
----------

So here's my analysis on the improved Analysis of Deo-A:

Deoxys-A

http://www.arkeis.com/images/pokemonfactory/deoxys-fr.png

Pressure
Enemy attacks lose 1 extra PP. Increases wild encounter rate.

Type: Psychic

Base Stats: 50/180/20/180/20/150

------------------

LO Deo-A

Deoxys-A @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

-Thunder
-Ice Beam
-Superpower
-Grass Knot / Hidden Power Fire

Deoxys-A is an incredible mix sweeper, having incredible Atk and Sp.atk stats, this things packs monstrous hits. Thunder is intended to OHKO Pokemons like Kyogre and Manaphy and have an incredible 30% of paralyzing an enemy if they switch. Ice Beam is intended to pack damages on the abundant Dragon types on the Uber tier. Superpower for anything that tries to resist Deo-A's attacks, like Blissey and Dialga. Hidden Power is to cripple Pokemons that are usually used to counter Deo-A. Such as Scizor, Metagross, Jirachi. Although Hidden Power Fire isn't so viable as a counter do to first priority moves. While Grass Knot is a guarantee OHKO for Groudon's and Kyogres.

Specs Deo-A

Deo-A @ Choice Specs
Nature: Hasty / Niave
EV: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

-Ice Beam
-Thunder
-Superpower
-Psycho Boost

This set packs huge damages on any non-resistant Pokemons. Superpower for switch-ins like Blissey and Dialga. Psycho Boost for incredible damage with STAB.Psycho boost might not be a good choice in ubers considering how bad psychic moves are, but it can ohko a palkia, something that is very hard to achive with a non super effective move, thunder is for a very nice ohko on kyogre, while it can also ko lugia if rocks are down, ice beam has a shot at koing groudon and can also ruin rayquaza, although, you should be careful of scizor,metagross and many other pursuiters, since without focus sash, you might have some problems with them if you're locked on psycho boost or super power, so be careful and predict carefully.

CB Deo-A

Deoxys-A @ Choice Band
Nature: Adamant / Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

-Ice Punch
-ThunderPunch
-Superpower/Extreem speed
-Fire Punch

Basically like Specs Deo-A instead it focuses on Deo-A's pshyical power.

Ice Punch OHKO's Latios and Latios, who switch in thinking they can survive whatever attack that they're immune to, and then survive an ice beam then ko deoxys, but with ice punch this is another story, ThunderPunch won't KO Kyogre, but deals heavy damage to it (75% on average). Superpower OHKO's Dialgas, blisseys and darkrais. Fire Punch cripples Jirachi's and Metagross. While Demolishing Scizors and Forretress'. Again you should be careful when using this set, for some steel types that carry pursuit might proove annoying if you're stuck on some move not named fire punch.

Sash Deo-A

Deo-A @ Focus Sash
EVs: 48 HP / 220 SpA / 240 Spe

-Ice Beam
-Superpower
-Thunder/Grass Knot
-Counter/Mirror Coat

A Very surprising set. Only works in one shot though. You wait to take a hit and counter the physical move or mirror coat the special move. Thus ending that Pokemon. Whie you have 1hp left with a big hit from Deo-A enough to sweep sometimes. But do remember that you need prediction and to know your uber battling pokes so you can do the appropriate move.

Sub Deo-A

Deoxys-A @ Petaya Berry

-Ice Beam
-Superpower
-Thunder
-Substitute

Simply substitute until you've recieved the Petaya Sp.Atk boost. Thus inscreaing your Sp.atk moves by 50%. This is very easy to obtain since Deo-A's speed is very high. While increasing its sp.atk will make it montrous against anything non-resistant to Ice Beam, Thunder, Superpower. Dugtrio now has troubles with deoxys thanks to sub protecting it from a sucker punch, this is simply like the specs set but contains more risk but a higher reward (since you can choose moves instead of being locked in ones).

Anti-Lead Deo-A

Deoxys-f @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 180 Atk/252 Spd/78 SAtk
Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Superpower
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch/hidden power (fire)
- Grass Knot

Originally created by I am cool. it is meant to be an anti-lead that can possibly shut down all leads and crush them with his raw offensive power, nothing can face this beast, even scizor supposedly it's best counter looses
to the scorching flames produced by fire punch, this is meant to shut down he opposing lead and then switch out and come for a late game sweep. Basically this set will beat almost every lead, although you might have some problems with darkrai since most are sashed or scarfed, fire punch is chosen because it actually doesn't matter if you wish to beat steel types, since both are going to 2hko all steel types that aren't 4x weak to fire (metagross, jirashi, bronzong etc) and will still ohko the ones that are 4x weak (scizor, fortress etc), hence it doesn't matter which one you choose, but it's prefrable that you choose fire punch for the "hax" factor. Ice punch is chosen over ice beam since it can nearly ohko latios with rocks down, and can 2hko latias which ice beam can not achieve if latias packs some special defense evs (which most do).

CHANGES IN BOLD (i fixed some grammatical erros but didn't bold the parts i fixed, and i removed some parts that i found a little disturbing, also added some moves as options).

xXxAngelxXx
11-04-2008, 01:25 AM
****. YOU. *******.

Iconic
11-04-2008, 02:55 AM
****. YOU. *******.
Please, enlighten us with another well articulated, well punctuated and well expressed statement.

Seriously, don't post this ******** on my Poke Analysis forum. Take it up via PM and do your best to refrain like acting a child. If you don't like what's going on, either deal with it or fix it yourself. Since you seem to be incapable of either, don't post crap like this. I unfortunately do not have any capability of adding a warning of some sort, so I'll wait for a Mod or Admin to do so.

Have a nice day.

Kuja20
11-04-2008, 07:37 AM
****. YOU. *******.oooo bit of a temper you have there.

mosers15
11-04-2008, 11:14 AM
*whistles tune to why cant we all be friends?*

anyway.....Lets move one with this....this discusiion is over isnt it?

i am cool
11-04-2008, 08:49 PM
are you going to read what i said.....