PDA

View Full Version : This team got me to #2 on Smogon's OU ladder

imported_Darkrai
10-30-2008, 10:11 PM
[center:ljdrmfe1]Team at galance:[/center:ljdrmfe1]
[center:ljdrmfe1]http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa437.pnghttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa212.pnghttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa485.pnghttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa373.pnghttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa251.pnghttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa145.png[/center:ljdrmfe1]

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa437.png
Bronzong @ Lum berry
Ability: Heatproof
EVs: 252 HP/128 Attack/128 Sp.def
Nature: Sassy
- Gyro ball
- Earthquake
- Hypnosis
- Stealth rock

Bronzong is the best lead evah. This thing help me to put some SR, out something to sleep and kill Heatrans. Heatran is on everyteam these days thats why I'm using Heatproof, Gyro ball for Azelf and Gengar leads.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa212.png
Scizor @ Choice band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Attack/232 HP/ 24 Speed
Nature: Adamant
- U-turn
- Bullet punch
- Pursuit
- Super power

This thing is just amazing. A great revenge killer and trapper.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa485.png
Heatran @ Choice scarf
Ability: Flash fire
EVs: 252 Sp.attack/252 Speed/6 HP
Nature: Naive
- Fire blast
- Earthpower
- Hidden power [Ice]
- Explosion

My main revenge killer for this team, and It's a late game sweeper. After killing the counters and anything can absorb Fire blast with the other members of the team this thing can sweep.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa373.png
Salamence @ Choice band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Attack/252 Speed
Nature:
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire fang
- Dragon claw

Stall teams destroyer. CB Outrage **** everything thats not a steel type, Fire fang and EQ can take out steel types, D-claw is for STAB and to hit hard W/O getting on a rapmage.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa251.png
Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural cure
EVs: 252 HP/220 Deffence/36 Speed
Nature: Bold
- Grass knot
- Recover
- Thunderwave
- Hidden power [Fire]

My gyra counter, and it can HP fire Scizors and T-wave Heatrans with predicting or switch-in.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa145.png
Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/ 96 Speed/160 Sp.def
Nature: Timid
- Thunderbolt
- Heatwave /Toxic
- Roost
- Substitute

Sub+Roost+Pressure Is just awsome, my Scizor counter and it can PP stall many things like bliss, and it can kill the Rotoms easily if they doesn't have Rest.

[center:ljdrmfe1]Having 3 choicers sounds like a bad idea but somehow it works very well.[/center:ljdrmfe1]

yanmega
10-30-2008, 10:15 PM
i want *** with that bronzong 8) 8) 8) 8)

Aqua13
10-30-2008, 10:16 PM
With hypnosis 60 acc. I've missed like 6 times in a row <__<; doesnt that bug you?
Anyways mind if i use it? xD

StringCheese
10-30-2008, 10:21 PM
Wow, this team looks pretty beast. I like how one some of your sets you went outside of the norm (like Bronzong). The only weakness I see (and barely) is Stealth Rocks and Spikes since you have no Rapid Spinner. Some leads could potentially screw you over *cough Deo-E spiker cough*. But overall great team.

imported_Darkrai
10-30-2008, 10:33 PM
@ Aqua: I rarley use hypnosis now, becuace everyone now lead with taunt Azelf ._., and people aleardy stole this team .-. so I think it's ok.

Wow, this team looks pretty beast. I like how one some of your sets you went outside of the norm (like Bronzong). The only weakness I see (and barely) is Stealth Rocks and Spikes since you have no Rapid Spinner. Some leads could potentially screw you over *cough Deo-E spiker cough*. But overall great team.
I have some problems with SR, and I'm not that stupid to let my oppeonnet set up 3 layers of spikes =/, Also Deoxys-e is uber on shoddy.

Raquan95
10-30-2008, 11:12 PM
GAH!!! Too much standardness!!! j/k

But seriously. All teams in platinum look like this. Can beat any team if played properly.

Battlulz
10-31-2008, 09:20 PM
One thing I would say: if you are going to run Heatproof on Zong, invest near enough 252 EVs in Sp. Def, since even with Heatproof things like Tran will still be doing a fair amount to you, and with no reliable recovery it makes it seem kind of pointless. If you want to keep the overall equilibrium I would put Reflect on it. Other than that team looks great.

Zeus
11-01-2008, 01:07 AM
**** Hypnosis. All I gotta say. What I've seen are Trick Zongs with Macho Brace. Try that to Trick some item on to an unsuspected sweeper, such as Tran although you're beating it anyway because usually the opponent will over predict plus you have Heatproof anyway.

Eternal
11-01-2008, 02:59 AM
Although your team is a bit Heatran weak with SR up.

I can see it get easily swept after Bronzong dies, which it does fast, most of the times.

Also, adding roar on Zapdos instead of substitute can save your *** many times from Baton Passers, SubCM'ers, etc...

imported_Darkrai
11-01-2008, 11:42 AM
One thing I would say: if you are going to run Heatproof on Zong, invest near enough 252 EVs in Sp. Def, since even with Heatproof things like Tran will still be doing a fair amount to you, and with no reliable recovery it makes it seem kind of pointless. If you want to keep the overall equilibrium I would put Reflect on it. Other than that team looks great.

A standard scarftran will 3 OHKO it, 2 OHKO with SR, and this thing works for SpecsMences leads it only take from Fireblast like 43%. And how will Reflect help this team? I don't have a light clay on it too.

**** Hypnosis. All I gotta say. What I've seen are Trick Zongs with Macho Brace. Try that to Trick some item on to an unsuspected sweeper, such as Tran although you're beating it anyway because usually the opponent will over predict plus you have Heatproof anyway.
Dinner.

I tried TrickZong but it failed, I think I'll replace Hypnosis with.... EXPLOSION.

Although your team is a bit Heatran weak with SR up.

I can see it get easily swept after Bronzong dies, which it does fast, most of the times.

Also, adding roar on Zapdos instead of substitute can save your *** many times from Baton Passers, SubCM'ers, etc...
I never had any Heatran problems when Zong is gone, Its all about predictions. I didn't had any problems with SubCM'ers too. But I think I have some problems with BP teams, so I may replace Sub with Roar.

Wigglypower
11-01-2008, 01:35 PM
Nice team. abit dull IMO too standered but still looks like win. :mrgreen:

i am cool
11-01-2008, 04:22 PM
ima gong to steal it, but yeah, it's kind of heatran weak, basically your opponent outpredicts you, the end, say you have scizoe stuck on bp, heatran comes in and eps, and now your heatran is dead, then it's gg.....maybe add some sp.def on zapdos?

imported_Darkrai
11-01-2008, 04:54 PM
ima gong to steal it, but yeah, it's kind of heatran weak, basically your opponent outpredicts you, the end, say you have scizoe stuck on bp, heatran comes in and eps, and now your heatran is dead, then it's gg.....maybe add some sp.def on zapdos?
Zapdos aleardy have 160 EV's in Sp.def...

AbsolDeath
11-01-2008, 05:56 PM
How much does Timid Tran do to your Zapdos???? 25% from SR switch in + Tran's damage. If Heatran does 37.5-38% to you. Then, it's a 2hko on the SR switch.

i am cool
11-01-2008, 09:03 PM
[quote="i am cool":3a3far5o]ima gong to steal it, but yeah, it's kind of heatran weak, basically your opponent outpredicts you, the end, say you have scizoe stuck on bp, heatran comes in and eps, and now your heatran is dead, then it's gg.....maybe add some sp.def on zapdos?
Zapdos aleardy have 160 EV's in Sp.def...[/quote:3a3far5o]

252 so it can be a 3hko with even sr up....

Jari
11-02-2008, 02:59 AM
I hate standard teams.

Biglsworth
12-31-2008, 09:52 PM
win team is win (H)

im gonna copy and kick KG's cocky *** =)

Dimes
01-01-2009, 04:48 PM
Consider P-2 > Celebi.

P-2 acts as an extremely good heatran counter. And with all of the tran's running rampant, may I suggest:

Porygon-2: @ leftovers
Bold Nature
Trace
252 hp, 160 def, 98 spdef
-Discharge
-Ice Beam
-Hidden Power [Fire]/ [Ground]
-Recover

If you decide to go Hp [Fire], you can get a free power up by switching in on a Heatran's Fire Blast. Since said Heatran is most likely to switch out, I wouldn't see why you would need Hp [Ground] for it. Instead, Hp [Ground is used to get rid of Fagnazone, which is not too rare now.

middleman
01-03-2009, 07:05 PM
how the hell did you even get near the leaderboard with this ?_?

let's take a look at what rapes you. you have 3 choiced guys, and if they're locked into the wrong move, in comes ddmence, and before you can even think about taking him down, you've already lost 2 pokemon. and that's only if you're smart and let him take some damage before bringing scizor in. bring scizor in right away? now you lose 3+ pokemon before he dies to recoil. if he's bulkymence you better pray to god, allah, and zeus that celebi is at full or near full health or else he just sweeps you, no questions asked.

next up, infernape. if he is sd mach punch or np vacuum wave, gg. he sets up nicely agains ttran's hp ices and scizor's nve moves. if he's the more common mixape, you better be one hell of a player because everytime he mispredicts, he just takes 10% recoil and picks the next move. once he's close combatted your heatran all you can really do is watch as sr damage and nve hits rack up and do damage to your team until he's in bullet punch range.

subpetaya empoleon sweeps you too! he sets up on scizor, salamence, heatran, and even celebi if you don't catch him on the switch with twave, as you're not even breaking his subs with grass knot. in the meantime, once he's set up, your whole team is outsped and ohko'd if he's got ice beam. and the 3 attack agility life orb version does it even better, because then you can't even hope for a bullet punch crit, and he will definitely pack ice beam.

and that's just the ones that **** you in theory. if celebi takes a little damage, ddlo gyara sweeps you. if scizor for some reason dies, hello subgar! zapdos gone or paralysed? oh yikes what do I do about locune, or worse, subcm cune?

but there is a way to fix all this, without even compromising the offensive nature of the team, and that's simply to not let them set up. what I am suggesting to you is to simply take the choice items off of everything, except maybe heatran. switch salamence and scizor to ddlo and sdlo sets, respectively. now basically what just happened is you just freed up salamence's moveset, retaining all the important 2HKOs, while at the same time being able to set up and **** everything, not just stall. the cb pretty much does nothing for you unless you're THAT worried about the 10% life orb recoil killing you, by which time you should have gotten 2 or 3 kills. same thing with scizor pretty much, though cb scizor is a pretty trashy set anyways when you're locking yourself into the third worst offensive type. but now that you've got lots of setup guys, why not go with a dualscreener in the front? zong, jirachi, or azelf would do just fine. now, at this point you're doing most stuff the same way, just occasionally setting up scizor or mence for a sweep. and in the meantime, the opponent is finding it much harder to set up on you.

now, most of this you could probably figure out on your own, so I apologize for the meh rate. I'll add some real stuff later.

i am cool
01-05-2009, 12:22 AM
this topic should be locked because not only did *Darkrai* quit because of his bad internet, but this topic is from 2 months ago and someone revived it <_<.

And the team isn't that good from your post lol...Byt yh i agree about the removing choice iteams...sadly *Darkrai* not only got a new team, but he can't get on the interwebs since his is crap atm...

jonh18-
01-09-2009, 12:32 PM
I like ur style 3 choicers on 1 team is pownage

imported_Darkrai
01-09-2009, 08:52 PM
this topic should be locked because not only did *Darkrai* quit because of his bad internet, but this topic is from 2 months ago and someone revived it <_<.

And the team isn't that good from your post lol...Byt yh i agree about the removing choice iteams...sadly *Darkrai* not only got a new team, but he can't get on the interwebs since his is crap atm...
Who said I quit? and my internet is ok now.

And this team is garbage now.

Laurel
01-14-2009, 06:41 PM
One word MixApe. After SR That Zapdos is done... But yeah Standard team is standard.
________
Small portable vaporizer (http://www.vaporizers.net/)

Fede
01-16-2009, 09:43 PM
lol i guess youre retiring heracross 1 now =[