PDA

View Full Version : First competitive Team

FTUU
11-02-2008, 10:02 PM
I'm going to apologize in advance for this, it probably sucks.

Salamence @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
Intimidate
6 Atk/ 252 Sp. Atk/ 252 Spd
Draco Meteor
Flamethrower
Earthquake
Brick Break

2HKOs Blissey with brick break, carries unresisted type coverage: Dragon, Fire, Ground, and generally deals good damage. Also takes Close Combat for the team with resistance + Intimidate

Dugtrio @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
Arena Trap
6 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spd
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Aerial Ace
Sucker Punch

Not much to say. Revenge killer.

Vileplume @ Petaya Berry
Modest Nature
Chlorophyl
80 Def/ 216 Sp. Atk/ 212 Spd
Energy Ball
Hidden Power [Fire]
Synthesis
Sunny Day

A sandstorm/hail counter. takes 90% from abomasnow Blizzard, activates Petaya and Sunny day boost with chlorophyl easily OHKOs anything that is on a standard hail team. outspeads Abomasnow without chlorophyll and OHKOs with HP [fire] carries energy ball > Solar-beam for TTar/Hippowdon Switch ins. does 40% to average TTar in sandstorm before the boost and takes 75% from Stone Edge then does 90% to finnish TTar after the petaya boost and can easily sweep sandstorm teams.

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
Wonder Guard
255 Atk/ 255 Spd
Shadow Sneak
X-Scissor
Confuse Ray
Swords Dance

Confuse ray over Wil-O-Wisp because You can confuse an incoming counter and use swords dance untill they hit you and break the sash. after 1-2 swords dances Shadow Sneak can often quite easily KO the counter, and if not, they may hit themselves and not kill you.

Cloyster @ Chesto Berry/Leftovers
Impish Nature
Shell Armour
252 Hp/ 4 Atk/ 252 Def
Avalanche
Spikes
Iron Defense
Rest

Counters Dragons which would otherwise destroy this team. It takes a hit then Iron Defenses to take next to nothing from physical hits without fearing the critical hit. avalanche OHKOs Dragonite with Yache Berry assuming it hit you first. because it is almost immune to physical hits after an iron defense it often has a free turn for spikes.

Hitmontop @ Sitrus Berry/Leftovers
Carful Nature
Intimidate/Technician
252 Hp/ 4 Def/ 252 Sp. Def
Mach Punch/Rock Slide
Bullet Punch/Recycle
Rapid Spin
Bulk Up

With Stab neutral special attacks will 4HKO with leftovers and 5HKO with Sitrus Berry on average and special sweepers can't take a +3/4 mach/bullet punch or +2 rock slide without sash. Intimidate helps it take stone edge which this team has a problem with but technician helps it sweep if it gets enough bulk ups. Technician would be used with leftovers, mach punch and bullet punch where intimidate would be used with recycle and sitrus berry and rock slide. rock slide > fighting attacks on the one attack version for the hit on ghosts.

Statigar
11-02-2008, 11:06 PM
I see no major weaknesses! Looks like a great team, although i may switch shedinja for a wall to prevent destruction from heatran.

xXxAngelxXx
11-04-2008, 01:09 AM
Stealth rock is so common, I wouldn't use Sheddy. Maybe replace with Blissey or Vappy...

Jari
11-04-2008, 02:20 AM
You can use Shedinja, but you'll need to squeeze in a spinner somewhere.

FTUU
11-04-2008, 03:23 AM
Hitmontop uses rapid spin

Eternal
11-04-2008, 04:10 AM
I find it interesting how you're using UUs against an OU environment.

Mien
11-04-2008, 05:43 PM
I see no major weaknesses! Looks like a great team, although i may switch shedinja for a wall to prevent destruction from heatran.
Sounds like there is some sarcasm in here

FTUU your team is completely based on Theorymon, and will never work.
Shedinja will never counter anything.
Vileplume cannot counter Abomasnow or tyranitar.
Cloyster cannot counter Salamence fearing Fireblast.

Do not try to argue,these are facts.
Don't post this team, don't build it, don't use it, forget it.

Take this advice from me, look at the other teams around here who have been praised by others. Use their strategy's and work from there.
Only by using usefull teams you will learn how to battle and create teams and get out of the ''noob'' stage.

I know i sound harsh, but it's the truth and if you follow what i have just said now you will thank me later for it

Eternal
11-04-2008, 05:56 PM
Sounds like there is some sarcasm in here

FTUU your team is completely based on Theorymon, and will never work.
Shedinja will never counter anything.
Vileplume cannot counter Abomasnow or tyranitar.
Cloyster cannot counter Salamence fearing Fireblast.

Do not try to argue,these are facts.
Don't post this team, don't build it, don't use it, forget it.

Take this advice from me, look at the other teams around here who have been praised by others. Use their strategy's and work from there.
Only by using usefull teams you will learn how to battle and create teams and get out of the ''noob'' stage.

I know i sound harsh, but it's the truth and if you follow what i have just said now you will thank me later for it

Yea. Try using OU/BL Pokemons in an OU environent. Check the Teamuber Analysis section for better sets. And from there you can build a better team. :)

Dimes
11-05-2008, 12:07 AM
Mein is quite right here. This team does suck, however, most teams praised here are ones praised by some complete idiots. >_>;

Sheddy can't do crap here, since SR, tran, hail, SS, kill it no matter what. Eathquake from ttar owns vileplume, and plume cannot counter DD tar.

Cloyster just sucks, Any special attack rips through it.

Seriously, Scizor > sheddy and Heatran> Cloyster.

Also, eternal, having UU in OU means nothing. Because they are UU doesn't mean that they aren't usale in OU.