PDA

View Full Version : Linoone Analysis

Dimes
11-19-2008, 11:50 PM
~Linoone~

Linoone, the ferret like pokemon, known to only travel in a straight line, hence it's name.

Sadly, I'm a computer noob, and I don't have photobucket, I suck that much.

Linoone is a Pokemon that is usually forgotten in UU and people just laugh at it in OU, however Linoone can become a great threat to teams unprepared, and is known to sweep entire teams. (At least to those who got swept by me with it.)

Standard

Linoone:@ salac berry
Adamant nature
Gluttony
244 att, 252 spd, 12 hp
-Belly drum
-Extremespeed
-Shadow Claw
-Rock Smash

Meh, standard set, although I've never really heard of one for Linoone. I really don't see why substitute would be on here when noone has Gluttony. >_>;

Here's Kuja's post:

This is the most commonly used Linoone set, mainly because of it's effectiveness. Your moves should be: Belly Drum to Maximise attack and get closer to the salac berry boost, after you have belly drummed you can proceed to use Substitute, and with the EVs listed you can get the salac boost after one Sub and one Belly Drum.

After you have gotten the salac and Belly Drum boost you get +6 Attack and +1 Speed, making it almost unstoppable if you dont have any counters. Extremespeed for STAB, and will hurt anything not Rock, Steel or ghost, Shadow Claw allows Linoone to hit ghost types whereas extremespeed cannot.

Use this set in caution of phazors, they can really ruin things if they get in as you are setting up.

Scarferoodrummer

Linoone:@ Choice scarf
Adamant nature
252 att, 252 spd, 6 def
-Extreme Speed
-Switcheroo
-Belly Drum
-Shadow Claw

Yes, it looks like a joke, but this actually works. It comes in on a wall, switcheroo it and belly drums, then proceeding to sweep. This linoone hits everything in the game for atleast NVE, since alot of ghosts wall linoone's other attacks.

Choice specs

Linoone: @ choice specs
Modest/ Timid nature
252 spatt, 252 spd, 6 def
-Switcheroo
-Swift
-Thunder bolt
-Ice beam

I don't really enjoy this set, but like most of linoone's sets, this is more of a gimmick than a really good set. Switcheroo hurts any walls, swift for stab, and bolt beam for it's awesome coverage.

BANDOONE

Linoone: @ Choice band
Adamant nature
252 att, 252 spd, 6 def
-Extreme speed
-Pursuit
-Rock smash
-Switcheroo

Another set that's more gimmick than real. Extreme speed for awesome stab, Switcheroo for crippling foes, Pursuit for trapping and Rock smash for that coverage. Rock Smash is such a horrid move, but there isn't much for linoone to use.

Opinion

Linoone generally is a Pokemon that can be easy to wall and can only cause real damage with the scarfaroodrummer set. In my opinion however, it isn't a Pokemon worth being in BL.

Other options

Not much for Physical sets, except for Return over Extreme Speed if you want to whine about an illegal set or have only wi-fi. Special sets can use Shadow ball, for hypno and friends or Hidden power, to counter any UU threats on your team. Grass knot can be used to counter heavy Pokemon in OU, like Regirock and Tyranitar.

Counters

Regirock can wall all of your moves if you use the scarf set, it just needs to be afraid of Switcheroo. The same applies for almost all steel walls. Tyranitar can come in on the scarf set, but still needs to watch out for switcheroo same for Golem and Rhyperior, also weezing to an extent.

For special sets, Blissey, Snorlax, Magnezone and Steelix go olol at it. Same for almost every extremely good special wall.

Kuja20
11-20-2008, 11:04 AM
You are missing some other sets, and there is more counters than just Regirock. Also you need a little more bulk within your analysis, you can make it indepth a little more.

This is one set you missed:

Linoone @ Salac Berry
Nature: Adamant
EVS: 244 Atk/252 Spe/12 HP

-Belly Drum
-Substitute
-Extremespeed
-Shadow Claw

This is the most commonly used Linoone set, mainly because of it's effectiveness. Your moves should be: Belly Drum to Maximise attack and get closer to the salac berry boost, after you have belly drummed you can proceed to use Substitute, and with the EVs listed you can get the salac boost after one Sub and one Belly Drum.

After you have gotten the salac and Belly Drum boost you get +6 Attack and +1 Speed, making it almost unstoppable if you dont have any counters. Extremespeed for STAB, and will hurt anything not Rock, Steel or ghost, Shadow Claw allows Linoone to hit ghost types whereas extremespeed cannot.

Use this set in caution of phazors, they can really ruin things if they get in as you are setting up.

Anyway you can do something like this. It has a succint description and analysis of that one set. If you really wanted to you could do some damage calculations to back up the rest of the analysis.

Dimes
11-20-2008, 10:08 PM
Meh, I haven't heard of a standard set for Linoone, but I don't see why you need sub because of gluttony. Infact, Rock Smash > Substitute.

Kuja20
11-20-2008, 11:11 PM
Meh, I haven't heard of a standard set for Linoone, but I don't see why you need sub because of gluttony. Infact, Rock Smash > Substitute.
i was just using an example, i literally thought of that set straight from the top of my head, and i dont use a lotta UUs so i dont know UU that well, nor its ability

mosers15
11-21-2008, 04:00 AM
kujs set is standard for linoone...its the default set up....
2 subs...or 1 depending on your hp will activate salac...and the belly drum just is overkill....

Anyway...work on spelling...you spelled road wrong >_<......

try to not be so negative about the poke either...if you must be negative...make jokes about it...like Strype, Spanner, DPF*remoraid ftw*, and I do.

Dimes
11-21-2008, 08:27 PM
Are you kidding? Linoone's awesome.The comments weren't meant to be negative. Also, tell me what I spelled wrong and where. Btw mosers, I don't know what you meant that I spelled road wrong.

Not to mention you don't need sub, and you can belly drum on the switch.

mosers15
11-22-2008, 12:08 AM
I really wasnt paying good attention when i commented....

my bad...but really linoones magic comes from gluttony..which is nice if you abuse sub too

Sub blocks status too...which is mainly the point of it

Dimes
11-22-2008, 01:00 AM
I really wasnt paying good attention when i commented....

my bad...but really linoones magic comes from gluttony..which is nice if you abuse sub too

Sub blocks status too...which is mainly the point of it

Yes, but belly drum + extreme speed eat almost everything anyways lol. Not to mention, linoone gets +6 att and +1 spd with one belly drum, so you don't need sub.

mosers15
11-22-2008, 06:15 PM
whatever you say fatman....really......because that strategy really just seems perfect....

why would someone switch out vs linoone? The only case that would happen is if you switch in on a scarfer locked into a ghost move...otherwise no one would have reason to switch out. Substitute allows you to prevent status from the pokemon that you are in on...so everything isnt for nothing...and it also allows you to put up a wall that helps the sweep....

Dimes
11-22-2008, 07:30 PM
Not really, pokemon like hypno are lol'd at when they eat a +6 attack shadow claw. And you wouldn't keep linoone in on a sweeper. =/ Belly drum is what makes a linoone sweep. Sub does moot except for blocking status, which is lol, since you wouldn't want to status it anyways because of a threatining possible sweep with belly drum.

mosers15
11-27-2008, 04:48 AM
lol...a pokemon cant have a threating sweep with sleep, burn, or paralysis...

Dimes
12-06-2008, 02:10 AM
So we should have sub on almost every freaking sweeper? You are saying that Mence should have sub too. Same for Lucario, ect.

i am cool
12-20-2008, 12:32 AM
But said sweepers don't have the option or need to run sub....Mence and luke have move syndrom problems...

Dimes
12-21-2008, 12:55 AM
WHY would you status somthing that can get a +6 attack and +1 boost and proceed to sweep? That's a lol move to me.

i am cool
12-22-2008, 02:29 PM
Because by paralyzing it the 30% chance of fully para might kick and it can stop linoone from sweeping smary pants.

Elixir
12-23-2008, 02:35 PM
Very nice analysis! Id say its almost complete!

Dimes
12-24-2008, 01:15 AM
Relieing on hax is fail and it is still dangerous to do. Besides that, I haven't been seeing much of T-wave lately.

i am cool
12-24-2008, 06:23 AM
You have to resort to hax if you let something get +6 atk and +1 speed, or you couldn't stop it from getting so much boosts.

Thunderwave is on everything...blissey...some zapdos...random thunder waves just pop out of everywhere, and you shouldn't rely on stuff like blissey not showing up in the battle, since chances are, you'll probably always see a blissey carrying thunderwave which will stop your linoone from sweeping.

Enough with this, just add it as an option.

Dimes
12-24-2008, 05:56 PM
I thought I already did. >_> but yeah, I'm talking UU right now, because I haven't been on smogon for days. I still predict that T-wave might be goinng down. I'll check up on some things and fix some stuff.