PDA

View Full Version : Cresselia Analysis- Revamped (Notice to Analyzers)

i am cool
11-24-2008, 09:45 PM
Ok I’m going to show you what an analysis that will be up on the site should looks like, I’m taking liberty into editing all analysis since most don’t have good comments, lack some sets, aren’t well made etc. Today I started with editing chrimsor’s analysis, now I’m not going to post every analysis I edit, I’m just going to post this to show you how an analysis that should be up on the site in the future looks like. If I’m not mistaken I’ll revise all these pokemons in 3 month time…so this project should be done in the next 4 month.

Now I just want you to follow this format you’re your future analysis, don’t worry about the past just take the future into consideration. Also please don’t do pokemons summary, that part of the analysis has been done by me, since I wrote all the ou/bl pokes summary so don’t write them and save yourself time. Also in the future take time to revise your analysis, not because I’m revising them means you should make them “suck”. And finally…don’t complain about this, just see how the project will go, and no I don’t need anyone’s help since all of you analyzers are inactive kind of and well some have a bit nubish sets (cb tauros’s stone edge does more damage than lo fire blast on skarmory!) no offense to anyone <3.

Cresselia:

http&#58;//www&#46;arkeis&#46;com/images/pokemonfactory/cresselia&#46;png

Summary:

Cresselia:

Most Used Cresselia Set: Despite cresselia being bulky on both defensive sides and having an abnormal hp stat, the offensive substitude calm mind set is still favoured for the wall sets. The reason behind this is because at the current metagame other walls such as skarmory and blissey do a better job at walling than the wall set of cresselia, since many physical sweepers can ruin cresselia, especially scizor, who is one of the top threats in the platinium metagame.

Usual Counters: Cresselia, like any psychic type, fears the common pursuiters and steel types. Tyranitar and weavile switch in on cresselia with relative ease (beware of hidden power fighting), and both can 2hko with crunch and night slash, respectively. Weavile and tyranitar are also capable of playing mind games with cresselia and making her switch out as she expects a crunch / night slash while they pursuit, or they can night slash / crunch as she expects pursuit and stays in. Metagross, scizor, bronzong, skarmory (be careful of charge beam) and other common steel types can switch in on nearly any move cresselia carries with ease and can either set up or hurt cresselia with powerful physical attacks. Magnezone is on the same boat as those steel types, but fears hidden power fighting more and a calm mind cresselia can wall magnezone with relative ease.

Cresselia Is Used On: The walling cresselia sets should be found on stall teams, this is because has excellent synenergy with common stalling pokemons (often used with skarmory and blissey, as they form the “skarmblisscress” combo, which is nearly unbreakable by even the thoughest of mixed sweepers.) Substitude calm mind cresselia has teams built around it to aid it to sweep easily, usually sub cm cress based teams contain a lot of pokemon that can set up entry hazards so cresselia has an easier time sweeping with the opponent weakened, and a way to deal with pursuiters and steel types.

In Depth:

http&#58;//www&#46;pokemonelite2000&#46;com/sprites/dpffa/dpffa488&#46;pngSubstitude Calm Mind Duckling@ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Evs: 92 HP / 200 Def / 58 Sp.Att / 70 Sp.Def / 90 Spe
Nature: Timid (+Spe, -Att)

- Substitute
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power Fighting / Ice Beam

With the hp evs given you reach 404 hp, making 101 hp subs. This means blissey will not be able to break your substitude with seismic toss or any of its other moves, which also means you can outstall blissey with substitude and calm mind and finally 2hko it with hidden power fighting after 6 calm mind boosts. Another advantage to this set is that tyranitar and weavile will get defeated by this build if it carries hidden power fighting (which is highly likely). After a calm mind even the bulkiest of tyranitar’s will get 2hkoed by hidden power fighting, and weavile obviously gets ohkoed by hidden power fighting after a calm mind boost, this is all thanks to the special attack evs. The defense evs allow cresselia to survive a choice band boosted night slash / crunch from max attack adamant weavile / tyranitar. While the special defense evs allow cresselia to survive 2 shadow balls / thunderbolts from specs jolteon.

Psychic and hidden power fighting give cresselia “good” coverage, however, ice beam can replace hidden power fighting on this cresselia build as it allows the space duckling to be able to defeat dragon and grass types such as salamence, dragonite, celebi etc more easily.

http&#58;//www&#46;pokemonelite2000&#46;com/sprites/dpffa/dpffa488&#46;pngThe Great Wall of Pokemon@ Leftovers
Evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Sp.Att
Nature: Bold (+Def, -Att)

- Reflect
- Moonlight / Rest
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave / Charge Beam / Psychic

Despite the over used metagame being filled with powerful physical attackers that can completely wall this set (scizor, metagross, jirashi etc), this build can still be an amazing wall especially when used with blissey and skarmory. Ice beam helps with dragonite, salamence, celebi, tangagrowth etc. Thunder Wave helps slow down fast sweepers or dragon dancers such as dd salamence, dd dragonite, dd tyranitar, weavile, scarf heatran etc. As an added effect, thunder wave in conjunction with reflect makes this cresselia much better as a physical wall than it already is, as reflect helps weaken pursuit and other powerful physical attacks. Charge beam allows cressielia to have a way to boost its special attack stat and a way to deal with gyarados much more easily. Psychic allows cresselia to dispose of machamp much more easly, and it also aids cresselia to 2hko heracross, who otherwise completely shuts down this set as it can ohko with Megahorn, doesn’t mind paralysis as it gains a guts boost, and takes little damage from the other moves.

Rest cures cresselia from harmful status and restores all her hp, but since you’re using rest without sleep talk on this set, then you won’t enjoy being asleep and not able to do any sort of damage on the opponent in the 2 turns you’re asleep. Moon light is for a more reliable way of recovering health as it doesn’t leave you crippled for 2 turns, but it does, however, get ruined by the common sand storm and the rare hail storm.

The defense evs allow cresselia to survive absolutely ALL unboosted moves from every single physical / special attacker in the game (except choice band Heracross’s stab mega horn, and powerful explosions from stuff like cb metagross), this is what makes this set called “the ultimate wall”. Just to show you how defensively powerful this set can be (despite 18% of the over used metagame being composed of powerful steel physical attackers who can hurt this cresselia’s walling capabilities), I have outlined some damage calculations:

Choice Band Scizor’s X-Scissor: 591 Atk vs 372 Def & 444 HP (80 Base Power): 272 - 324 (61.26% - 72.97%) (2HKO)
Choice Band Scizor’s U-Turn: 591 Atk vs 372 Def & 444 HP (70 Base Power): 240 - 284 (54.05% - 63.96%) (2HKO)

Choice band Tyranitar’s Crunch / Pursuit (if cress is switching out): 604 Atk vs 372 Def & 444 HP (80 Base Power): 282 - 332 (63.51% - 74.77%) (2HKO)

Choice band Metagrosse’s Meteor Mash: 604 Atk vs 372 Def & 444 HP (40 Base Power): 140 - 168 (31.53% - 37.84%) (3HKO)

Choice Band Salamence’s Outrage: 607 Atk vs 372 Def & 444 HP (120 Base Power): 211 - 249 (47.52% - 56.08%) (51% Chance of a 2HKO)

Choice Band Dragonite’s Outrage: 604 Atk vs 372 Def & 444 HP (120 Base Power): 210 - 247 (47.30% - 55.63%) (49% Chance of a 2HKO)

http&#58;//www&#46;pokemonelite2000&#46;com/sprites/dpffa/dpffa488&#46;pngTalking in my Sleep@ Leftovers
Evs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Sp.Def
Nature: Calm (+Sp.Def, -Att)

- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Ice Beam
- Charge Beam / Psychic / Thunder Wave

The previous set had a problem chosing the appropriate recovery move. With moon light, you’d get instant recovery, but you’ll be vulnerable to status ailments, it is also ruined by the common sand storm and the rare hail storm. Rest recovers all health and cures dangerous status ailments such as toxic, but leaves you unable to do anything for 2 full turns.

This is what makes sleep talk so awesome on this set, as it makes cresselia capable of reducing the harmful side-effects of rest. Ice beam in conjunction with charge beam form the “BoltBeam” combo, which is resisted only by magnezone, lanturn and shedninja, with the latter 2 being nearly never seen in the over used metagame. As an added effect of using charge beam, you are capable of countering gyarados better as you can switch in multiple times since you have a “reliable” recovery move, and you can hurt it badly with your charge beam which hits it for supper effective damage. Despite losing the amazing coverage ice beam and charge beam bring, you can still try psychic to deal with infernape, as if it takes stealth rocks damage and sand storm damage, then it gets ohkoed by psychic.

Other Options: Cresselia can run a dual screen set of sorts, but it’s outclassed by azelf and other common dual screeners. Toxic works great in conjunction with protect, as it’s great to make cresselia one of the best stallers out their considering it has a high hp stat and abnormal defensive stats.

Opinion: Cresselia is absolutely the best mixed wall in this game. Sadly, in the current metagame, it’s not as efficient as it was a few months ago, as the common rise of steel types who can wall it hampered it badly.

Dimes
11-24-2008, 10:07 PM
Yay. :D I'd actually appreciate it if you check mine so mosers doesn't complain about what I have/ don't have. Really, he wants me to find more sets for mewtwo and he can't think of one himself.

Iconic
11-25-2008, 03:54 AM
Tauros (299 Att, CB) Stone Edge vs. 334 HP, 392 Def, 176 Sp.Def Skarmory: 24%-29%
Tauros (136 Sp.Att, LO) Fire Blast vs. 334 HP, 392 Def, 176 Sp.Def Skarmory: 53%-63%

Nice.

EDIT: In response to your other comments, you'll have to run this by me and the other Analyzers first (although many of them have seemingly deserted the Analysis Section). You can just barge in and take liberties like this. Despite what you may believe, you aren't the only person capable of writing analyses. I commend you for taking action, but this is a team effort.

mosers15
11-25-2008, 11:16 AM
@ Fatman- I have more sets for mewtwo...I just dont feel the need to post them. It is your test afterall.

@ IAC- You never had the liberty to go back and edit other peoples analysis. Unless they were horrible, theres no reason to go back and change someone elses work. You also didnt seem to check over some minor spelling errors like Tyranytar or florslass....

In case your wondering why Im telling you this. I run the analysis section atm. You never ran the whole "Im gonna fix everyones analysis" idea by any of us...

EDIT: I am in fact an idiot. You DID in fact run the idea by me, but I didnt even bother to look at my private messages...since no one ever seems to message me. My bad LOL.....though I really wish you hadnt gone and changed analysis....I never responded..

i am cool
11-25-2008, 01:42 PM
Look. What "good" analyzers are still contributing to the analysis section? there's only mosers and iconic, iconic's analysises are amazing...His english is amazing and he makes excellent sets no one would ever think of using, same goes to mosers. But sadly both are usually working on new analysis or aren't usually that active. I'm trying to help here ._. We're not going to have outdated analysis being displayed on the site. You don't seem to understand what i'm doing, i'm not running anything, i'm not deleting anything in the comments section, i'm just adding and updating...

Dimes
11-25-2008, 08:57 PM
@ Fatman- I have more sets for mewtwo...I just dont feel the need to post them. It is your test afterall.

But sadly, they need to be competitively viable. There aren't many more sets to that standard.

Iconic
11-25-2008, 09:28 PM
Alright, well it's okay by me if you add sets and fix up things that are wrong, but before the analyses go on the site, they'll have to be grammatically edited and whatnot, so you're editing isn't the final step.

mosers15
11-27-2008, 04:47 AM
iconic...ill pm you the details on what i have planned to do to fix up the analysis...

I am cool and i have discussed it...and since you and I are the head of the analysis section we need to talk lol

Iconic
11-30-2008, 01:20 AM
Lol okay Mosers, I just read this now.

AND STRYPE POST MORE I KNOW YOU'RE READING THIS PLEASE.

zod
11-30-2008, 02:09 AM
Nice job with the organization iac. But having to check for gramatical error, different counters and sets this will probably take awhile. Since being the ice gym leader i of course use obamasnow. Sub seeder is a beast. I love it when i can focus punch a heatran ^_^. Also what happened to Spannertastic? he was here and active this summer but dissapeared 0_0

i am cool
11-30-2008, 01:14 PM
He has some life "issues" to deal with. If me, iconic and mosers can work this out. They'll be up on the site in 3 months. I am doing one anlysis per day, i'm organinzing it a lot, you should have seen the altaria analysis i revamped, i added a mixed altaria set and i have shown damage calculations for this altaria and what it can do against all UU walls. Yup all, 30 damage calculations lol. Zod try to post in the format i have given you, it keeps things much more organized and easier for the reader to observe. Thank you in the future guys.

Iconic
11-30-2008, 05:00 PM
Yeah I'm completely fine with what you're doing now that I know what's going on. After you're done fixing them up, I'll probably have to make them sound nicely written amirite?

beaconjames
11-30-2008, 06:16 PM
awesome Abomasnow sets! They're very good!

i am cool
12-01-2008, 02:38 PM
Iconig you're helping me you idiot....I'm taking analysis from a - i....you and mosers split the rest.....Also your analysis give me a *****...I mean there are no grammatical errors and you do a lot of sets (smogon don't have the amazing sp.atk absol u did....i mean i dind't even know it learned flame thrower, tbolt and ice beam lol).

Also, mosers and iconig, i'll get a ***** if you follow the format i gave you ^_^...Please follow it ^___^. (if you don't feel like doign summaries then pm me and i'll give you one) [b]Basically the format is the pokemons name in bold and size 150, then a pic from arkeis (it's prefered to be from arkies, just a big one and NOT a sprite), then summary in bold and size 150, the pokemons name in bold, it's most used set in bold, usual counters in bold, sets used to counter its counters in bold and what team it's most used on in bold. Then in depth in bold and size 150, then sets and ****.

Ps: i love you guys <3.

Dimes
12-05-2008, 10:37 PM
Iac, I'm worried if you get boners from guides. ._.

i am cool
12-06-2008, 09:24 AM
You know that it's a figure of speech right? Just saying that they're very good....Lol i don't think it's even possible for someone to get a ***** from a guide ._.

mosers15
12-14-2008, 08:40 AM
anythings possible

Also IAC TSP did a great altaria analysis...vamping it even further almost seems like overkill...but it sets us apart from Smogon who doesnt bother to put everything into an analysis.

i am cool
12-14-2008, 04:52 PM
I didn't change a thing, except added a bit more commentay and a bit more move options...oh and made it so it fits the platinium metagame (since the uu metagame has changed with plat a bit).

mosers15
12-15-2008, 01:43 AM
Yeah...Ill check over it regardless

i am cool
12-20-2008, 12:28 AM
So where are you at now?

I'm doing your blastoise analysis....the one that has "He's good at rapid spinning" as the only comment on the rapid spin set ._.