PDA

View Full Version : Swampert-oriented part sandstorm team :P

thekingofhamsters
11-25-2008, 01:47 AM
I really like the idea of performing an endgame sweep with Cursepert. This team is designed to try and make that work.

Machamp (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP/160 Atk/96 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Dynamicpunch
- Thunderpunch
- Payback

This is my anti-lead Machamp. It can handle status-inducers by subbing, then hitting them with the appropiate move. If

something like a gyarados should come in, I thunderpunch 'em. Gyarados and other annoying waters scare Swampert, so

I find this move useful. Payback is for pwning uxie, mesprit, and azelf, including gengar. I rarely see dusknoir, but

payback could hurt that too. Dynamicpunch is just a blissey killer.
---
Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP/180 Def/88 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Curse
- Waterfall
- Avalanche
- Earthquake

This big guy is my end-game curse sweeper. I usually set up with curse, then do damage. He takes care of grounds with

avalanche, and can stallflinch fairly well with waterfall.
---
Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/200 Spd/56 SAtk
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost

This bird is Swampert's best friend. It takes care of grasses like Celebi or Ludicolo. With t-bolt, it can be used to get rid of

bulky waters like milotic. Roost is for healing... Heat Wave can handle heracross should Swampert find himself unable to

take care of its own against that guy. It's a Scizor and Shymin counter, too.
---
Hippowdon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP/16 Atk/152 Def/88 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

I love this hippo. It uses stealth rock, and can stall fairly well with slackoff/roar. I hate heatran and electric types that think

they're better than zapdos(i.e Electivire). This thing can take heatran's hits fairly well and kill it with EQ. This thing is great

for taking care of tyranitar, too.
---
Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

So far, I'm being ice weak. So Infernape here is supposed to nape 'em hard with flare blitz. If machamp should die, and

blissey is being annoying, close combat does the job well too. Stone edge is to hurt flying types, like opposing zapdos.

Swords dance is just a quick attack boost. Flare blitz also takes care of grassies. Stone edge/close combat can also take

care of salamence + dragonite/tyranitar
---
Tyranitar (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang

This guy is amazing for taking care of ghosts. Fire fang helps take care of opposing grassies/steel types. EQ kills steels
like metagross and Heatran. Otherwise, I'm not sure what else this guy is good for.
---

silver drag
11-25-2008, 05:49 AM
If you plan to keep Tyranitar, use flamethrower over fire fang as it one hit kills Forry(though you could do the same with fire fang but would need a dragon dance first). Crunch does just fine with celebi anyways,so yea. In my opinion, you don't really need avalanche and might just be better off with roar/rest/whatever else you can come up with. overall, the team looks pretty solid and good luck.