PDA

View Full Version : My unique offensive sandstorm team Please comment and rate!

Shadow101
11-25-2008, 12:16 PM
Hey Guys, i havent been on for a while because i have been busy, and i have noticed that my last RMT had absolutely no comments at all. I need a different team rated and criticised so i could improve it. This is a sandstorm team based around hippowdon and i've tried to make it as custom as i could but at least 1/3 is standard, but the team is of my own thoughts and not from smogon sets. Anyways i should get on with the team now:

http://www.arkeis.com/images/pokemonfactory/aerodactyl.png
1. Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
Pressure
EV: HP6/Att252/Spd252
Move Set:
~Stealth Rock
~Taunt
~Stone Edge
~Earthquake
Comment: As it is an offensive sandstorm team, i wanted a good offensive lead and i thought of Aerodactyl of the bat. He's immune to sandstorm and hes 1 of the top fastest pokes in OU metagame. Stealth Rock is mandatory for my team to win at the moment and the rest of the move set is self explanatory.

http://www.arkeis.com/images/pokemonfactory/hippowdon.png
2. Hippowdon @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
Sandstream
EV: HP212/Att252/Def42/Spd4
Move Set:
~Earthquake
~Stone Edge
~Crunch
~Fire Fang
Comment: Hippowdon, the superstar. This is a custom move set i made for hippowdon as i saw potential in his hard hitting abilities and i could not have this go unignored. 212 EV's is all i need as he only needs 410 HP at the moment. Dumping 252 EV's in attack is obvious. The 4 Speed EV's is CRITICAL AGAINST OTHER HIPPOWDON because he will be FASTER than the other hippowdon. Fire Fang is for any prediction switches on ice/grass pokemon and ice/thunder fang arent necessary as stone edge kills dragons (dragonite and mence) and gyarados.

http://www.arkeis.com/images/pokemonfactory/breloom.png
3. Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Adamant Nature
Poison Heal
EV: HP6/Att252/Spd252
Move Set:
~Spore
~Stun Spore
~Focus Punch
~Seed Bomb
Comment: Breeloom is 1 of my 2 non ground/rock/steel types. Well as i had hippowdon, i realised that i needed something that could switch in on swampert and put fear in the foe for his superior status infliction abilities and switch to something else more important which is put to sleep instead. Stun Spore is to mess with the opponent even more as most of the team isnt very fast and helps hippowdon and suicune do their thing by outspeeding them. Seed Bomb is Standard and Focus Punch is when i know the foe wont wake up or they're going to switch. This relies on some prediction but its not too hard to predict an obvious switch, its just whether they have ghosts or not is whether it is safe to use focus punch, but then stun spore makes that nothing to worry about as i'll paralyze the ghost, then switch out to hippowdon who has crunch.

http://www.arkeis.com/images/pokemonfactory/suicune.png
4. Suicune @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
Pressure
EV: HP102/Def128/SpA28/Spd252
Move Set:
~Calm Mind
~Surf
~Ice Beam
~Hidden Power [Electric]
Comment: Suicune is my 2nd none rock/ground/steel type. I realised that i needed a bulky water type for this team and seeing that its an offensive orientated sandstorm team, bulky suicune fitted perfectly into the mix. People would be surprised on the amount of speed this thing packs because its tremendous for something bulky like suicune. This is a sweeping set except i have leftovers to prevent sandstorm damage. It's all pretty standard except for the unusual EV spread that im experimenting with at the moment.
http://www.arkeis.com/images/pokemonfactory/heatran.png
5. Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
Flash Fire
EV: HP6/SpA252/Spd252
Move Set:
~Fire Blast
~Dragon Pulse
~Earth Power
~Hidden Power [Grass]
Comment: After i had chosen my 1st 4 pokemon, i realised that i was skymin weak as the server i play on is on smogon server where skymin isnt declared uber yet. His nature is timid to ensure that he outspeeds skymin that get cheeky on modest scarfed ones and go timid nature. This ensures that heatran will kill skymin. Hidden Power Grass is rather unusual yes, but its to get the kill on swampert who can cause me trouble as i have suicune and registeel for my ice attacks.

http://www.arkeis.com/images/pokemonfactory/registeel.png
6. Registeel @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
Clear Body
EV: HP252/Def58/SpD200
Move Set:
~Curse
~Rest
~Brick Break
~Ice Punch
Comment: Registeel is my favourite mixed wall EVER. In a sandstorm team his special defence becomes stronger and i decided that 200 EV's in special defence was plenty.
Careful nature over impish nature so he can survive 2 focus blasts from gengar in the sandstorm. Curse is there to make him hard to take down so he doesnt die any time soon. Rest is to recover HP (personally i think hes bulky enough to live without sleep talk). Brick Break is for blissey or i wouldnt have many other ways to counter it unless i predict with focus punch. Ice Punch is for any dragon/ground/grass/flying types (screw you skymin).

Thank you for reading my RMT in advance and please rate this team as i want to make this my signature team i use if i feel like using sandstorm teams.

silver drag
11-26-2008, 04:21 AM
First of all, Regirock works better than Registeel in sandstorm. Second, Hippowdon may not be the best superstar. If you wanna stick with it though, Empoleon might make for a better bulky water as it resists grass, messes pokemon with knock off, and can resist quite a few things(it can use grass knot to kill swampert too).

Shadow101
11-26-2008, 07:59 AM
Well thank you for your advice but i've considered regirock and empoleon before but i dont think they fit the team, Sure you may think that Hippowdon is outclassed in offensiveness but hes got good bulk and can kill lots of unsuspecting stuff and has been working well for me.

Sebastien Loeb
11-26-2008, 09:25 AM
Stealth Rock Sucks...

Shadow101
11-26-2008, 09:38 AM
Stealth Rock is awesome for forcing damage on switches and sandstorm helps give more damage to the foe so that is why i have stealth rock on aerodactyl. Who wouldnt want it on their team even though most of the time you dont mean to, it just happens.

Sebastien Loeb
11-26-2008, 03:38 PM
Infernape destruct your team.

BBB
11-26-2008, 09:32 PM
if u haven't noticed he has a heatran to revenge kill it

Shadow101
11-27-2008, 07:33 AM
BBB has a point sebastien Leob, you can alternate between pokes, if he switches into breloom then u can take the fire blast/flamethrower with heatran and kill it or scare it away.

beaconjames
12-01-2008, 12:43 AM
ok team. to me Suicune was a great touch!