PDA

View Full Version : Meganium Analysis

Dimes
11-25-2008, 10:41 PM
~Meganium~

Meganium, the herb Pokemon. Meganium's breath can bring dead plants to life and the scent from its petals make foes calm and less likley to fight.

Analysis

Meganium is a Pokemon in the UU tier and is not usually prepared for. Meganium's attacking movepool sucks, but its supporting movepool is WAY better. Basicly, Meganium is UU's Celebi.

Wall

Meganium:@ leftovers
Bold nature
252 hp, 180 def, 78 spdef
-Energy ball
-Aromatherapy
-Hidden Power [Fire]
-Reflect/ Light Screen/ Leech Seed

The wall set. Grass + Fire is resisted only by Altaria in UU. Meganium is a unique pokemon and is one of the only Clerics with Aromatherapy in UU. Not to mention Meganium's bulkier than most. Reflect and Lightscreen lol at attacks, but Leech seed drains up and recovers you.

Choice specs lol

Meganium:@ Choice specs
Modest nature
252 spatt, 252 hp, 6 def
-Leaf Storm
- Energy ball
-Ancient Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]

It sucks, but it still can hit hard. Leaf Storm is for a hit and run and can KO a few pokemon. The rest of the moves are really the only ones Meganium has for the Special side but Rock + Grass + Fire hits everything in UU for atleast neutral.

Swords dance lol

Meganium:@ Leftovers
Adamant
252 att, 252 hp, 6 def
- Swords dance
- Seed bomb
- Outrage
- Earthquake

Lol, this thing can really hurt if it gets an SD. Seed Bomb, Outrage and Earthquake are sadly its only physical moves besides Return and other sucky ones.

Choice Scarf

Meganium:@ Choice scarf
Modest
252 spatt, 252 spd, 6 def
-Wring Out
-Energy Ball
-Hp [fire]
-Ancient Power

Sadly, it is like the specs set, but wring out makes it way better. Wring out has higher damage the more HP that the Opponent has, making this pretty deadly.

hahahaha

Bold nature
252 hp, 200 def, 56 spd
-Counter
-Synthesis
-Reflect/ Light Screen
-Energy ball

Counter set, this thing can wall the physical hits and punish the opponent for using them. Reflect makes this thing eat up physical attacks. The speed evs are to get a chance to get in Synthesis and can benefit from Sunny day. Light Screen is probably better though as the pponent would most likely not be using a physical move after Reflect.

Can't touch this

Bold nature
252 hp, 180 def, 78 spdef
-Leech seed
-Substitute
-Toxic
-Ingrain

Lololololol, this thing is the stalling beast. Leech seed heals up and drains and in conjunction with Toxic, this can bring down alot of pokes. Ingrain prevents Roar and phazing which is rare but can stop Meganium's fun and on top of that, Ingrain Increases surviveability even more, making this a complete monster.

Other Options

Light screen and safe guard support the whole team to stall, sweep or set up and to block status in the latter's case.

A CB set is meh, but it would be everything that the SD set has, but Body slam> SD.

Opinion

Meganium's movepool sucks, but it still can be a threat and there should be a counter for it on a UU team. But of course, I love the staller set and the support that meganium brings with it.

Counters

For stall sets, anything with Taunt and an SE STAB move should bring down the beast. For the scarf set, Muk and friends love it. The SD set is eaten by Shuckle, Weezing, Cloyster and Steelix. Specs can be countered by Shuckle, Bastiodon, Kecleon, Cradily, Muk and Probopass.

mosers15
11-26-2008, 01:45 AM
nice...
ill clean this up as well for you.

Rock Head
11-26-2008, 02:19 AM
Wow, that's a good analysis. Gives alot of set options and very effective as well

But from your first set i think you should add a Screener set as it's bulky abilities and Aromatherapy with LS and Reflect can support alot more and you could have a filler or leech seed as the last move to recover damage while setting up screens and forcing switches

Dimes
11-26-2008, 10:31 PM
Wow, that's a good analysis. Gives alot of set options and very effective as well

But from your first set i think you should add a Screener set as it's bulky abilities and Aromatherapy with LS and Reflect can support alot more and you could have a filler or leech seed as the last move to recover damage while setting up screens and forcing switches

ROCK HEAD YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO SPEAK OTHER LANGUAGES HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111oneoneone11111 111!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xD

Really, I can't understand you.

Rock Head
11-26-2008, 10:32 PM
ill break it down for ya

Make.....Screen set....

mosers15
11-27-2008, 05:04 AM
i ran a ds meganium lol...it was nice

energy ball failed me anyway.

i am cool
11-27-2008, 01:56 PM
Fatman a quality analysis shouldn't contain stuff like "lololololol"...make it more formal and more intelligent if you please. Although the sets you created are nice but you need to improve your commentary kind of.

beaconjames
11-27-2008, 05:56 PM
nice job, i like the 2nd set the most! the others i think are okay, but what do I know.

Dimes
11-27-2008, 09:33 PM
Fatman a quality analysis shouldn't contain stuff like "lololololol"...make it more formal and more intelligent if you please. Although the sets you created are nice but you need to improve your commentary kind of.

lolololololol *shot*

I know my commentary sucks, but really, it's so funny if you think of that stalling.