PDA

View Full Version : Lati@s To Ou?

i am cool
11-29-2008, 09:12 PM
Lati@s is going to be the next pokemons up for testing! After skymin has been decided latia@s for ou without their respectable items are up! (so we'll be testing lati@s without sould dew).

But it seems that the majority of smogon want lati@s ou? I read some of the thread and they indeed seem to think so....dunno discuss. I think it has some potential ou counters like ttar, steels and such, it will also add more "variaty" to the metagame.

Discuss.

jaimitovond
11-30-2008, 12:01 AM
Well,looking at their high special stats and pretty good speed, I would say they should remain in uber,specially considering DPP is slowly becoming more and more Special orientated,however,they are relatively weak physically, and their typing is not exactly the best(altought Dragon is a pretty good defensive type) personally,I think they are both ubers,but lets see how it turns out

Latiosmaster
11-30-2008, 12:16 AM
:o this is the best news Ever! Latios Is pwnz and I am pwnz so I am Latios PWNZ:D

i am cool
11-30-2008, 12:51 PM
Lol latios....judging by your name i knew you'd be exited :p. Well it's good news since it will de-centralize the metagame. You see, by just adding a pokemon into the metagame you de-centralize it. While even banning a pokemon, even scarf caterpie, causes overcentralization. But obviously the overcentralization caused by caterpie is a mere 0.00001%, while banning a thing like skymin will cause the metagame to overcentralize by 10% or so, since it overcentralzied a bit but it de-centralizes more than it overcentralizes.

Twig
11-30-2008, 05:53 PM
Agreed 100%.

Adding more Pokes to the OU environment is healthy for it. Since right now, the metagame is broken.

Also, Lati@s is clearly not broken. For one, DD Mence is a lot harder to counter. Almost any Steel can wall them, as the resist their STABs. The Lati@s twins have no fire movesas well, except for HP Fire.

Dragard
12-01-2008, 04:49 AM
People are to dishonest, they could just add Soul Dew and say they don't have it, and say something like "it has Expert Belt! I swear!" On shoddy I think this wouldn't be a problem, but on Wi-Fi it would be.

Otherwise, good idea.

i am cool
12-01-2008, 08:48 PM
Yes on shoddy bans are possible, but you're right, it might affect the wi-fi metagame....interesting point for all of you wi-fiers. I have a mixed feeling about lati@s...i mean pair them up with machamp and all their counters get countered.

Super Shedinja
12-05-2008, 01:28 AM
Actually, it would be easy to check for Soul Dew on Wi-fi. Ask to see their Lati@s after the battle, and if they won't let you see it, it could be very likely that there is a Soul Dew on the Lati@s.

And about Lati@s having good special stats, most special sweepers are ok in both stats and better in speed. It's not like you would only counter Lati@s with only special attacks.

Dragard
12-05-2008, 01:55 AM
Actually, it would be easy to check for Soul Dew on Wi-fi. Ask to see their Lati@s after the battle, and if they won't let you see it, it could be very likely that there is a Soul Dew on the Lati@s.

And about Lati@s having good special stats, most special sweepers are ok in both stats and better in speed. It's not like you would only counter Lati@s with only special attacks.
You see, the problem is, people can easily switch the Lati@s item in no time threw the PC.

zod
01-29-2009, 05:09 AM
Cant shoddy just ban specific items for a specific poke? Anyways i think lati@s could be in OU. Why not? If its too broken then just put it back into uber.

Going back to Twig there is alot of pokes already in the OU metagame. Its just people only use mostly specific ones. If your really good at pokes you dont need to use all the broken OU crap and can use a mixture of OU/BL/UU to win a game, though im not event that good of a player.

Kuja20
01-30-2009, 10:41 AM
Cant shoddy just ban specific items for a specific poke? Anyways i think lati@s could be in OU. Why not? If its too broken then just put it back into uber.

Going back to Twig there is alot of pokes already in the OU metagame. Its just people only use mostly specific ones. If your really good at pokes you dont need to use all the broken OU crap and can use a mixture of OU/BL/UU to win a game, though im not event that good of a player.
And there are some that use all the "broken crap" and still cant win properly.

i am cool
02-05-2009, 02:37 PM
If you use let's say, Parasect, a Pokemon that is easily beeten by all the OU Pogays.

You surely won't win the majority of your battles if you use Parasect, no matter how much you have good prediction and have a huge brain that makes your skill level high, you stil lwon't succeed with Parasect since nearly no OU Pokemon fears it and all can hold their own against it.

However, if you use Alakazam let's say and win the majority of your battles then you're good, since you're using a Pokemon that is outclassed by other common OU Pokemon but can still hold it's own against the common OU Pokemon...

Also Latias isn't broken since it has counters, it's just that the overcentralization it causes really makes the game much less enjoyable.

I mean, 18% of the metagame was composed of Steel-Types before Latias, now that it's OU like 30% of the metagame has Steel-Types...You're going to see at least 1 Steel-Type on an OU Team 60% of the time...That's just ****.