PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Rain Dance team

aidethepally
12-13-2008, 05:24 PM
Hey all, this is my first attempt at a decent Pokemon team. I've done some research, so I'm hoping this works out.

Azelf- Opener
Timid (+Sp. Attack, -Attack)
Levitate, holding Choice Scarf
252 Speed / 252 Sp. Attack / 6 HP
1) Nasty Plot
2) Psychic
3) Shadow Ball
4) Grass Knot
I chose to use Azelf as my opener because he is the fastest Pokemon in the game with maxed speed EV's and a Choice Scarf. Even if my opponent has Taunt, it at least gives me one turn to use Nasty Plot. The other three attacks are basically to just wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am my opponents until Azelf is dead, or until my opponent switches out to a Pokemon Azelf can't hit with this setup. In the event that Azelf dies, or my enemy brings out a Pokemon Azelf has trouble with, I move to my second Pokemon...

Bronzong- Rain Dance setup
Sassy (+Sp. Defense, -Speed)
Levitate, holding Damp Rock
252 HP / 124 Def / 124 Sp. Def
1) Gyro Ball
2) Explosion
3) Rain Dance
4) Stealth Rock
This type of Bronzong usually stays alive for a bit longer than usual, so I would start off with a Stealth Rock and move into a Rain Dance. If I'm fighting a Taunter, then I switch to another one of my Rain Dance choices (or Azelf, if it's still alive.) Gyro Ball and Explosion for obvious reasons.
NOTE: Another reason I chose Bronzong is because of the counter-Azelf Pokemon out there. I'm sure there are a few, but none really hurt Bronzong too much. In the event that the counter-Azelf Pokemon my opponent brings out is a strong Dark type, I would bring out one of the two following Pokemon:

Empoleon- Rain Dance setup
Modest (+Sp. Attack, -Attack)
Torrent, holding Choice Specs
252 HP / 252 Sp. Attack / 6 Sp. Defense
1) Surf
2) Rain Dance
3) Ice Beam
4) Hidden Power: Ground
Sorry, but I had to use Empoleon. He's my favorite Pokemon, so he's not leaving. I was thinking about switching Ice Beam with something, but I'm not entirely sure what. Surf and Rain Dance are obvious... HP Ground is for coverage, or other Empoleons.

Gyarados- Sweeper
Jolly (+Speed, -Sp. Attack)
Intimidate, holding Leftovers
200 Attack / 250 Speed / 60 HP
1) Dragon Dance
2) Waterfall
3) Stone Edge
4) Substitute
The main reason I chose Gyarados is for Intimidate. A good fighter could destroy Bronzong, Azelf and Empoleon, so Gyarados is my backup. I figure once I pull him out against a fire/fighting/etc., my enemy will switch, giving me a free sub to DD (maybe twice) and sweep. Most fire/fighting/etc. don't have electric attacks, so I'm not worried about it.

Electivire- For whatever
Adamant (+Attack, -Sp. Attack)
Motor Drive, holding Expert Belt
252 Attack / 76 HP / 184 Speed
1) Earthquake
2) Ice Punch
3) Cross Chop
4) Thunder Punch
Actually, I'm still deciding between Electivire and Magnezone. I chose Electivire for now because I needed someone physical. This would be a basic "imma hit you hard wit my physicalness" set for Electivire, which would hopefully catch people off guard. All attacks are coverage.
NOTE: Another reason for Electivire is because Magnezone is used quite a bit nowadays. With Bronzong on the field using Rain Dance, Magnezone gladly hits the field for the fight. Electivire is used to partially counter it.

So, that's five Pokemon on my team. I'm looking for a sixth, and I don't know what I need.

What I do know is that my team is TERRIFIED of Magnezone. So I might need a good counter for that. I'm willing to change Electivire into a good Magnezone counter (perhaps my own Magnezone?), and perhaps add a good fighter. Scizor, or Machamp? Perhaps a Dry Skinned Toxicroak? Help me out, people! Thanks in advance! 8)

Safe_Kid
12-13-2008, 06:49 PM
Azelf with Nasty plot and Choice scarf???

Dimes
12-13-2008, 06:51 PM
Hey all, this is my first attempt at a decent Pokemon team. I've done some research, so I'm hoping this works out.

Azelf- Opener
Timid (+Sp. Attack, -Attack)
Levitate, holding Choice Scarf
252 Speed / 252 Sp. Attack / 6 HP
1) Nasty Plot
2) Psychic
3) Shadow Ball
4) Grass Knot
I chose to use Azelf as my opener because he is the fastest Pokemon in the game with maxed speed EV's and a Choice Scarf. Even if my opponent has Taunt, it at least gives me one turn to use Nasty Plot. The other three attacks are basically to just wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am my opponents until Azelf is dead, or until my opponent switches out to a Pokemon Azelf can't hit with this setup. In the event that Azelf dies, or my enemy brings out a Pokemon Azelf has trouble with, I move to my second Pokemon...

Choice scarf and Nasty Plot is fail, as you are locked into it and can't attack. Suicide lead or rain setup lead > this set.

Bronzong- Rain Dance setup
Sassy (+Sp. Defense, -Speed)
Levitate, holding Damp Rock
252 HP / 124 Def / 124 Sp. Def
1) Gyro Ball
2) Explosion
3) Rain Dance
4) Stealth Rock
This type of Bronzong usually stays alive for a bit longer than usual, so I would start off with a Stealth Rock and move into a Rain Dance. If I'm fighting a Taunter, then I switch to another one of my Rain Dance choices (or Azelf, if it's still alive.) Gyro Ball and Explosion for obvious reasons.
NOTE: Another reason I chose Bronzong is because of the counter-Azelf Pokemon out there. I'm sure there are a few, but none really hurt Bronzong too much. In the event that the counter-Azelf Pokemon my opponent brings out is a strong Dark type, I would bring out one of the two following Pokemon:

Bronzong:@ Leftovers
Levitate
Calm
252 hp, 200 def, 56 spdef
-Block
-Clam mind
-Psychic
-Rest

A beastly set. Lunar fang showed me this set today. I advise getting another rain setup though.

Empoleon- Rain Dance setup
Modest (+Sp. Attack, -Attack)
Torrent, holding Choice Specs
252 HP / 252 Sp. Attack / 6 Sp. Defense
1) Surf
2) Rain Dance
3) Ice Beam
4) Hidden Power: Ground
Sorry, but I had to use Empoleon. He's my favorite Pokemon, so he's not leaving. I was thinking about switching Ice Beam with something, but I'm not entirely sure what. Surf and Rain Dance are obvious... HP Ground is for coverage, or other Empoleons.

LO>Specs. You don't want to be locked into rain dance, now would you? :P

Gyarados- Sweeper
Jolly (+Speed, -Sp. Attack)
Intimidate, holding Leftovers
200 Attack / 250 Speed / 60 HP
1) Dragon Dance
2) Waterfall
3) Stone Edge
4) Substitute
The main reason I chose Gyarados is for Intimidate. A good fighter could destroy Bronzong, Azelf and Empoleon, so Gyarados is my backup. I figure once I pull him out against a fire/fighting/etc., my enemy will switch, giving me a free sub to DD (maybe twice) and sweep. Most fire/fighting/etc. don't have electric attacks, so I'm not worried about it.

No sub pl0x. Earthquake provides coverage to those steels that wall you so dearly.

Electivire- For whatever
Adamant (+Attack, -Sp. Attack)
Motor Drive, holding Expert Belt
252 Attack / 76 HP / 184 Speed
1) Earthquake
2) Ice Punch
3) Cross Chop
4) Thunder Punch
Actually, I'm still deciding between Electivire and Magnezone. I chose Electivire for now because I needed someone physical. This would be a basic "imma hit you hard wit my physicalness" set for Electivire, which would hopefully catch people off guard. All attacks are coverage.
NOTE: Another reason for Electivire is because Magnezone is used quite a bit nowadays. With Bronzong on the field using Rain Dance, Magnezone gladly hits the field for the fight. Electivire is used to partially counter it.

NoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNo NoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNo NoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNo NoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNo

Mixed set. Like now.

So, that's five Pokemon on my team. I'm looking for a sixth, and I don't know what I need.

What I do know is that my team is TERRIFIED of Magnezone. So I might need a good counter for that. I'm willing to change Electivire into a good Magnezone counter (perhaps my own Magnezone?), and perhaps add a good fighter. Scizor, or Machamp? Perhaps a Dry Skinned Toxicroak? Help me out, people! Thanks in advance! 8)

Mixed vire laughs at fagnezone. So you don't need a counter.