PDA

View Full Version : I really do suck at making teams.

Silent Storm
12-15-2008, 05:03 PM
Old team that could use a revamp.

Infernape | Wukong
Ability: Blaze
Item: Focus Sash
Nature: Naive (+Spe, -Sp.Def)
EVs: 24 Atk | 252 Spe | 232 Sp.Atk
- Close Combat
- Fake Out
- Stealth Rock
- Flamethrower

Description: My leading Pokemon, credits to Taylor for revealing it some time ago, seeing as Weavile has not really helped my team, I decided to move him to substitutes, Infernape beats the likes of Bronzong or scares it away, which enables me to set up Stealth Rock, the EVs are so I can out speed most threats and hit them hard, sometimes KO them, but I am debating changing them and adding more EVs to attack.
Team Work: Rather simple, this guy helps my team by setting up Stealth Rock so others can sweep more easily, I usually switch out once he has filled my purpose so I can save him for steel type Pokemon, quite risky, but it has worked.

Salamence | Stardust
Ability: Intimidate
Item: Life Orb
EVs: 80 Atk | 252 Sp.Atk | 176 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Flamethrower

Description: Credits to RaikouLover for the set, I personally think this is the best Salamence you can get as it destroys walls with ease, nothing really to say, the addition of Outrage ha basically made Salamence one menacing behemoth, great addition to my team.
Team Work: My wall destroyer, overall sweeper for this team, it is important that Infernape gets Stealth Rock down so Salamence can sweep more easily.

Heatran | Oversoul
Ability: Flash Fire
Item: Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Atk | 252 Sp.Atk | 252 Spe
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Pulse
- Earth Power
- Explosion

Description: Ever since the day I saw Heatran, i have always wanted to use him on one of my teams, in terms of power, Heatran fits nicely onto my team as I am able to take out Skymin along with other threats, most of the time he takes out one Pokemon, maybe two if he is lucky, all in all, I like him and is a good addition to my team.
Team Work: I don't have a good Scizor counter, seeing as Scizor packs Superpower now, switching in is risky, nonetheless this still a great Pokemon to have on my team as I lacked speed, has good resistances and just overall helps my team out.

Zapdos | Solar
Ability: Pressure
Item: Life Orb
Nature: Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
EVs: 4 HP | 252 Sp.Atk |252 Spe
- Heat Wave
- Discharge
- Hidden Power <Grass>
- Roost

Description: Ah the face of my opponent when Zapdos has killed his Steel Pokemon, Swampert and friends, nothing can match it, Zapdos got a nice little improvement with the advent of Platinum, now having the power to kill steel pokemon
Team Work: Swampert killer, Steel killer and overall sweeper, keeps them in check if they decide to stay in and fight a losing battle.

Vaporeon | Wraith
Ability: Water Absorb
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
EVs: 252 HP | 252 Def | 4 Spe
- Wish
- Surf
- Hidden Power <Electric>
- Protect

Description: Makes you wonder why I have not used Vaporeon yet, Vaporeon provides great support to my team, increase their lifespan in battle and just overall a great Pokemon.
Team Work: It doesn't get anymore obvious than this, use him heal my members with Wish, cover some threats towards my team, scout out what they are about to do with Protect, standard.

Metagross | Metallica
Ability: Clear Body
Item: Lum berry
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -Sp.Atk)
EVs: 152 HP | 252 Atk | 104 Spe
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Pursuit

Description: While using this set, I have an answer to Gengar, really simple, I switch in on Gengar , they switch out, I pursuit and they are dead, this thing has really helped me gain the upper hand against people that use Gengar as a lead or sweeper.
Team Work: (Coming soon)

beaconjames
12-16-2008, 12:42 AM
i think it's an okay team for a beginner, but then again i am no whiz at teams.