PDA

View Full Version : RMT pleasee!!!! my first UU team.

Dragonknight
12-18-2008, 12:15 AM
this is my first UU team, im testing it for a wifi tournament, and its not doing so well right now. help?
CHANGES ARE IN BOLD
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpffa/dpffa478.png
Froslass (F) @ Brightpowder
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Spikes
- Substitute
- Thunder Wave
my lead. i substitute when i think my opponent is going to use a status move, t-bolt when i can, and keep using substitute until my opponent can't move from paralysis, and then set up spikes. occasionally i can use ice beam to kill altaria.
---
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa237.png
Hitmontop (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Mach Punch
- Stone Edge
- sucker punch

this is my main sweeper and revenge killer. Sucker punch can ohko most ghosts and us pretty devastating after a few bulk ups
---
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa036.png
Clefable (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 174 HP/252 Atk/8 Spd/76 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Cosmic Power
- Belly Drum
- Softboiled
- zen headbutt
i love this thing. i switch in, comic powewr up a few times, bely drum, then sweep. pretty simple, until a rotom pops up -_- switched facade to zen headbutt. people dont expect this and send in ghosts.
---
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa344.png
Claydol@leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/144 Def/114 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Shadow Ball
---
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpffa/dpffa124.png
Jynx (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Forewarn
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
- Lovely Kiss
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
probably my main special sweeper. the set is self explanatory. lovely kiss, sub, cm a few times, then sweep.

---
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa038.png
Ninetales (M) @ choice specs
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Spd/252 sp atk/4 sp def
- Energy Ball
- Dark pulse
- Hidden power ice
- Flamethrower
changed into specs ninetales
---

im making the best team i can, and then trading for stuff for my wifi tournament. please help! after a few eduts, i still think it can be a lot better and so i still need some advice from people who play UU more often please.

Rioteer
12-18-2008, 05:15 PM
The main problem with your team is very simple; it lacks individual diversity.
Froslass: 1 attacking move (ice)
Hitmontop: 3 attacking moves, (2 fighting)
Clefable: 1 attacking move (normal, which sucks *** cuz ur entire setup will be laughed at by a ghost)
Linoone: 3 attacking moves, nice coverage, i think this is standard. But its very fragile, and only meant for the occasional sweep as you stated yourself.
Jynx: 1 attacking move, Ice again. So you have two pokemon that get ****** over by something that resists ice. Great.
Ninetales: 2 attacking moves, gets completely walled by fire types.

You have 2 pokes with a sleep inducing move, usually not a very good choice. After one poke is put to sleep, by for instance jynx, whats keeps your opponent from switching to something resistant to ice and pwn u? Right! Nothing.

All of your pokes except for froslass have to set up. Every one has at least 1 stat uppin move. It won't be hard for your opponent to realize this, and Roar/Whirlwind your strategy down the drain. You get completely raped by taunt, encore and haze. I don't think haze is that common, but the other two moves are.

You have a serious weakness to Ghost/Psychic/Fighting attacks. Especially a fighting poke with earthquake can rip through, well pretty much your entire team after froslass is gone, and even froslass won't always be enough to stop primeape/hitmonlee from sweeping your team. Even if they sweep 2-3 pokes from you, your battle becomes 4 times harder.

Try a more direct approach man. Add maybe a chhoice item to one of your pokes, so they dont always have to set up. Don't know which one though, never used the pokes u picked.

It seems your strategy right now is to set up as many spikes as you can (which probably won't be more then 2 layers), then annoy the hell out of everything so they switch around a lot. If that was your strategy, a spinner will **** u up after u lost froslass (which you will). You don't have a back up ghost type. You don't have something to Roar/Whirlwind. Spikes might seem like a great way to win, but u need to either build a part of your team in a certain way to use it well, or not use it at all. Stealth rock is more effective IMO as you only need one turn of setting up for damage that brings a lot of pokes into OHKO/2HKO range.

Nuf said.

Elixir
12-19-2008, 01:17 AM
The main problem with your team is very simple; it lacks individual diversity.
Froslass: 1 attacking move (ice)
Hitmontop: 3 attacking moves, (2 fighting)
Clefable: 1 attacking move (normal, which sucks *** cuz ur entire setup will be laughed at by a ghost)
Linoone: 3 attacking moves, nice coverage, i think this is standard. But its very fragile, and only meant for the occasional sweep as you stated yourself.
Jynx: 1 attacking move, Ice again. So you have two pokemon that get ****** over by something that resists ice. Great.
Ninetales: 2 attacking moves, gets completely walled by fire types.

You have 2 pokes with a sleep inducing move, usually not a very good choice. After one poke is put to sleep, by for instance jynx, whats keeps your opponent from switching to something resistant to ice and pwn u? Right! Nothing.

Couldnt have said it better myself!

To add to that, maybe you should consider teaching Ninetales a move to counter firetypes. Nuf said. xD

All of your pokes except for froslass have to set up. Every one has at least 1 stat uppin move. It won't be hard for your opponent to realize this, and Roar/Whirlwind your strategy down the drain. You get completely raped by taunt, encore and haze. I don't think haze is that common, but the other two moves are.

You have a serious weakness to Ghost/Psychic/Fighting attacks. Especially a fighting poke with earthquake can rip through, well pretty much your entire team after froslass is gone, and even froslass won't always be enough to stop primeape/hitmonlee from sweeping your team. Even if they sweep 2-3 pokes from you, your battle becomes 4 times harder.

Try a more direct approach man. Add maybe a chhoice item to one of your pokes, so they dont always have to set up. Don't know which one though, never used the pokes u picked.

It seems your strategy right now is to set up as many spikes as you can (which probably won't be more then 2 layers), then annoy the hell out of everything so they switch around a lot. If that was your strategy, a spinner will **** u up after u lost froslass (which you will). You don't have a back up ghost type. You don't have something to Roar/Whirlwind. Spikes might seem like a great way to win, but u need to either build a part of your team in a certain way to use it well, or not use it at all. Stealth rock is more effective IMO as you only need one turn of setting up for damage that brings a lot of pokes into OHKO/2HKO range.

Nuf said.