PDA

View Full Version : Ria's Rain Emblem Team

Ria
12-19-2008, 04:55 AM
After seeing how my other team was really failing, i decided to make a new team: My first ever Rain Dance team

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa47/snackasarus/Pokemon/Generation%204/azelf-2.png
Emblem Radiance (Azelf) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Explosion

Here to set up Stealth Rocks, Psychic and Thunderbolt for attacking, and Explosion to end things when he is done.

http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o470/Moonlight_Ria-Chan/Pokemon/Blastoie.png
Emblem Turtle (Blastoise) (M) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 128 Def/252 SAtk/128 SDef
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Rain Dance
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

Here to set up rain first and to get rid of Spikes and other trash on the floor.

http://www.arkeis.com/images/pokemonfactory/kabutops.png
Emblem Fossil (Kabutops) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Aqua Jet/Waterfall
- Brick Break
- Superpower
- Swords Dance

I really don't like having two of the same type moves on one set but Brick Break is for breaking screens. Aqua Jet is for quick hits in and out of rain, or Waterfall for more power in the rain.

http://www.arkeis.com/images/pokemonfactory/floatzel.png
Emblem Raze (Floatzel) (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Aqua Jet
- Aqua Tail
- Ice Punch
- Rain Dance

Like before, I hate having two of the same type moves on one Pokemon but, Rain Dance for backup power, Aqua Jet is for a quick move and Aqua Tail for killing Blisseys, Ice Punch for coverage

http://www.arkeis.com/images/pokemonfactory/kingdra.png
Emblem Aqua Prince (Kingdra) (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 128 Atk/128 Spd/252 SAtk
Docile nature (neutral)
- Hidden Power[Elec]
- Waterfall
- Surf
- Dragon Pulse

I really wanted to run a mixed Kingdra without the stat lowering nature, well anyway.

Waterfall and Surf for STAB, Waterfall for killing Blisseys, Surf for everything else. Dragon Pulse for other Kingdra and STAB, and HP[Elce] for other water types

http://www.arkeis.com/images/pokemonfactory/ludicolo.png
Emblem Raindaincer (Ludicolo) (F) @ Damp Rock
EVs: 252 HP/128 SAtk/128 SDef
Calm nature (+Sp.Def, -Atk)
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Rain Dance
- Surf

My last backup Rain Dancer, Leech Seed + Sub in rain= great combo, Surf is for attacking.

So, help me out with this

Btw: I know that this team is really weak to taunt, idk how to fix it tho =/

Elixir
12-22-2008, 11:28 AM
Great rain dance team Ria! I like the use of Azelf as your lead, and the Ludicolo which acts as some sort of grass/electric counter. 9/10.

You might want to look for a sub zapdos counter.

zod
12-22-2008, 07:27 PM
I would have something with an electric attack. Another water poke could cause trouble.

Dimes
12-22-2008, 08:01 PM
No azelf lead plz. Really, you would want to start off with a rain dancer lead to get it down first thing. Besides, you could swap azelf's postion with Ludi or something and make azelf a choice set with thunder. I'm not getting the natures either. Docile sucks period. Impish on Ludi? lolno. Calm like. Now

Ria
12-24-2008, 11:29 PM
I forgot all about Impish on Ludi >.< And i don't want other ppl to find out that its a Rain Dance team from the lead Pokemon. Also what nature am i gonna give Kingdra, I don't like lowering any of the stats because it can take Sp attacks and Phy. Attacks. I'll get rid of Ice Beam on Kingdra,now it knows HP{Thunder}

i am cool
12-25-2008, 04:10 PM
Place draco meteor on kingdra instead of dragon pulse as it's meant to be a late game sweeper, Azelf should have either u turn to switch out and scout for leads or fire blast to take care of bronzong, since thunder bolt is only going to be used for gyarados which can be taken care by your other team members or you could set up stealth rock as it dds and then explode as it breaks your sash with water fall...

Over all intruiging team, have fun using it, hope i helped...

Laurel
12-28-2008, 05:07 AM
CM Cune with HP Electric Kinda beats your team once Ludicolo is dead HP Electric from a kingdra really doesnt do much after one CM. I reccomend giving Azelf Thunder Because of Rains 100% accuracy just incase it runs into a crobat lead or something faster with Hypnosis.
________
LIVE *** WEBSHOWS (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

FTUU
01-18-2009, 08:46 AM
Azelf: Use Rain Dance over T-bolt as Psychic and Explosion are more than enough for offense on a suicide lead.

Blastoise: With Rain Dance and rapid spin, you'll want a more defensive EV Spread, Especially since it's so slow. Personally, I find max Hp and Def to be effective, but SpD EVs are worth a thought.

Kabutops: Brick Break and SuperPower are redundant. If you're that worried about screens (which you really shouldn't be) then just don't run SuperPower. Use Stone Edge instead.

Floatzel: On a rain dance team with swift swim you don't need a jolly nature, or a priority move. With no Spe EVs and neutral nature you will still outrun Aerodactyl. Take the EVs out of speed and put them in Hp and his Defenses. Bulk Up is also a Decent Option.

Kingdra: Again, with swift swim you don't need that much speed, Put more in Atk. If you can use Platinum, I recomend Outrage instead of Dragon Pulse or Waterfall. Don't run Docile. I Know Kingdra's kind of bulky, but if you want it to mix sweep you don't need it to be. Use something like Rash.

Ludicolo: If you want to run Leech Seed on Ludicolo then give him Rain Dish > Swift Swim.

Overall: Everything on your team is water type, which could cause some problems due to all the shared weaknesses. For example, Specs Jolteon in Platinum can hit everything on your team except Kingdra for SE damage, and you have nothing that will really wall it. Water Types aren't the only pokemon the Benifit from rain, Electric types gain 100% accurate Thunder and Steel types like Zong loose their fire weakness to fix this, just add some of these things. Since Kabutops and Floatzel have almost the exact same role on this team, replace one of them with Something like Evire. Also, you're team is heavily physical, add some special attackers.

lolzz
01-20-2009, 05:19 AM
use a bug move on kabutops

Kuja20
01-20-2009, 09:49 AM
use a bug move on kabutopsWhile there are no proper rules for rating teams, but this is not informative in the slightest. if I didnt know you better i'd think you are spamming...oh wait I do know you better. Please do not post within a thread if you have nothing useful to say.

lolzz
01-20-2009, 04:42 PM
kuja stop being a *****...i meant that celebi walls the **** out of kabutops if it doesnt run a bug move like x-scissor

Kuja20
01-20-2009, 05:03 PM
kuja stop being a *****...i meant that celebi walls the **** out of kabutops if it doesnt run a bug move like x-scissor
Then be explicit within your posts

use a bug move on kabutops

That is too vague

Sheep
01-20-2009, 09:49 PM
I like your team, but that Kingdra bugs me.

Try one of these sets.

Kingdra (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk/16 Spd/240 SAtk
Naughty nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump

This is a MixDra.
This is for walbreaking and taking out what couldn't be done with
your last poke's.

Or.

Kingdra (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/6 Hp
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Rain Dance
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Waterfall

This is an all offensive Kingdra.
This if you want a double dancer.
This is especially useful when you rain goes away.

Besides that and a few other things, nice team.