PDA

View Full Version : Shoddy Battle Server News

Statigar
12-22-2008, 08:44 AM
The teamuber shoddy battle server has had alot of trouble recently, and you all know why - we dont have a computer to run the server 24/7.

However, we have the ability to change the servers Domain name, so for information on how to connect to the server, always check the news listing on the announcements at the top of the forums!

The server will run on the following computers, until i find a permanent one:

1. Twigs computer - the main shoddy servers comp
2. Statigar's computer - NOT 24 HOURS.
3. The web server - will cause lag on the forums/site.

If anyone knows of a server or place to run the TU server, let me know. Thanks.

EeveeBreeder
12-22-2008, 03:27 PM
If I remember right there are supposed to be websites where trustable people will host your server for you. I'm not 100% sure on this, but alot of people have hosted it on somebody else computer while they run it 24/7 for a reasonable price.

i am cool
12-25-2008, 05:16 PM
Now we're running 24 / 7 since we merged with bos...

Statigar
12-28-2008, 04:10 PM
Yes, the server is now running 24/7 Thanks to another clan BoS. 8)

EeveeBreeder
01-19-2009, 01:13 AM
Why are we down all of a sudden??

Statigar
01-19-2009, 09:49 PM
BoS leader has quit, Eternal has quit, and ive got no other support.

As eternal has quit, Season 2 is therefore over.

EeveeBreeder
01-20-2009, 02:03 AM
Give us some time. We'll figure something out. We're teamuber, we can do anything [/end terrible attempt at pep talk]

Kuja20
01-20-2009, 01:41 PM
I'm all the support you need, me and mosers anyway. I'm thinking of redoing Season 2 from the beginning. I will take charge properly, and hopefully we can start this as soon as this saturday. I'm sure Mosers and Iac will help me.

EeveeBreeder
01-21-2009, 01:30 AM
I would have us up, I just can't get the MySQL part figured out.

PhoenixClaw
01-22-2009, 03:09 AM
Sorry about the recent mishaps, but my internet abruptly died over the weekend leaving me high and dry for about 3-4 days.

The reason I say this is because I host the TU server at the moment, so its my fault that its been down the last few days. (internet down + weekend = no internet access of any sort for several days)

As I finally get back online, I see there are...problems.

Right now, I know just as much as you; for some reason I can't connect to the server. It's up, it's running, and I have it going right now, but I can't log in for some reason. This is the best I can say:

My internet cut off about three or four days ago, instantly severing (and corrupting?) any connections it had with the TU database. As of right now, the only thing I can think of is rebooting my computer (didn't work) and re-installing the server (preferably as a last resort).

So...that didn't really help much, did it? ^^;

The best I can say is that I didn't abandon TU and would like to get things working again as soon as possible. (Where else would I test my unorthodox ideas? XD) Unfortunately, I'm a high school teacher so my internet time is limited to a few hours in the evening before I go to bed.

I'll try my best to fix the issue, but my expertise is severely lacking in this area. Deleting and re-installing might be my best bet. Any other opinions would be greatly appreciated at this point.

Thank you for your time, and sorry for the mess. :P

Kuja20
01-22-2009, 12:34 PM
Sorry about the recent mishaps, but my internet abruptly died over the weekend leaving me high and dry for about 3-4 days.

The reason I say this is because I host the TU server at the moment, so its my fault that its been down the last few days. (internet down + weekend = no internet access of any sort for several days)

As I finally get back online, I see there are...problems.

Right now, I know just as much as you; for some reason I can't connect to the server. It's up, it's running, and I have it going right now, but I can't log in for some reason. This is the best I can say:

My internet cut off about three or four days ago, instantly severing (and corrupting?) any connections it had with the TU database. As of right now, the only thing I can think of is rebooting my computer (didn't work) and re-installing the server (preferably as a last resort).

So...that didn't really help much, did it? ^^;

The best I can say is that I didn't abandon TU and would like to get things working again as soon as possible. (Where else would I test my unorthodox ideas? XD) Unfortunately, I'm a high school teacher so my internet time is limited to a few hours in the evening before I go to bed.

I'll try my best to fix the issue, but my expertise is severely lacking in this area. Deleting and re-installing might be my best bet. Any other opinions would be greatly appreciated at this point.

Thank you for your time, and sorry for the mess. :PDo what you can to help, if you can get the server back up that would be fantastic, i'm sure whenever Stat will stop being busy he'll be glad to hear something positive.

PhoenixClaw
01-23-2009, 10:33 PM
UPDATE

Ok, long story short, I couldn't fix it, said 'screw it', and deleted everything then reinstalled. Guess what? It works! (Sort of)

Actually, I think I could have had it up an hour or two ago, but I was doing something so phenomenally stupid that I don't even want to mention it. >_> Suffice it to say that I realized my error and got the server back up.

With one problem.

For whatever reason, the server now hates the MySQL database. As of right now, its turned off. From what I can tell, everything else is exactly the same as the first day when I copied over Statigar's Shoddy info. That means people need to be re-modded by whoever had Mod powers before I took over the server. (Statigar and Stone_Cold I know, anyone else?)

Right, so, you should be able to connect no problem now, though you may need to re-register if you've just made your account in the last month. I'm currently testing out stuff to make sure everything is up to par, but its a little difficult since I overwrote my Administrator account in the process somewhere along the way. XD

I'll try and keep ya updated. ;)

P.S. I remember this being an issue once, so I'll mention it just to be safe: You may want to delete your teams and rebuild them. I remember there being a problem with a server crash and teams not working, but rebuilding them solved the issue. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

PhoenixClaw
03-11-2009, 08:00 PM
Double post FTW!

Yeah, don't know whats up with the server at the moment. Ever since the whole thing went down last week, nothing has quite worked correctly. This is what I got so far:

Logging in via the metalist doesn't work at all. I needed to use Advanced.
Host:71.233.143.209
Port: 50000

That worked last night, then I come on today and it says my account doesn't exist. >_> Following that I try restarting the whole thing and now it won't even let me connect through Advanced. *Sigh*

So I really have no idea what the hell happened. All I can figure is that blaming Colin is the way to go. :D

Seriously though, I'll try playing with it again, but its a bit hard to fix something when I don't even know whats broken. T_T

Kuja20
03-12-2009, 11:04 AM
I used that IP Address as well, and I got in just fine. There doesnt seem to be anything wrong with your account, I looked it up in the users list, and its the same as when u left it.