PDA

View Full Version : Rules of Chaining

BlazingBlaziken1010
01-02-2009, 04:58 AM
In another thread chaining was discussed and i was quite dissappointed at the numbers that apperared there. i thought i waas noobish at chaining, but apparently i was wrong. For everyones reference, i am going to post them here, and anyone else is free to add information about chaining as they like.

Rules of Chaining
1)Always use a max repel.
2)When the pokemon u want to chain appears, the shininess of the grass patch that it appears in must also match every next chain link. For example, if u chain a shinx and it appears in a shinier grass patch, in order to continue chaining u must choose grass patches also that are shinier.
3)Never choose a grass patch that is on the edge of a field of grass or is in a corner, unless it would conflict with rule 2.
4)It is advised that you not choose grass patches that are adjacent to another shiny grass patch. you dont necessarily have to follow this rule, it is just recommended.

if i missed one or if u need some clarification just post.

Statigar
01-02-2009, 08:04 AM
Thanks. I could use this for the TU site. 8)

i am cool
01-02-2009, 05:22 PM
Yup, very helpful as a guide for the tu site...But anyways, i believe you didn't miss anything, and this guide just covered everything about chaining in a very small post...Excellent job...

DJ-Tony
01-03-2009, 06:37 AM
Thanks, my chaing skillz just improved :mrgreen:

BlazingBlaziken1010
01-04-2009, 07:31 AM
...I have the very huge premontion that theres a rule here i mseed. or two. ill have to check my reference. but ive tested the rules, and i assure u all, there are no holes. not in the list i found, but in this one there may be... the only reason a chain for me ever broke was because all the shiny grass was placed where it forced me to break 2 rules at once, but thats chaining for u.

Statigar
01-04-2009, 07:24 PM
Hmm, maybe you could make a video to support your guide!

BlazingBlaziken1010
01-05-2009, 01:19 AM
that would be a great idea but i cant do that, i have no way to do it. i have no video camera... but i can take "snapshots" with a camera, but theyd be really low quality snapshots.

Statigar
01-05-2009, 03:53 AM
Hmm, i'll get someone else to do it. Thanks again :D

BlazingBlaziken1010
01-07-2009, 02:28 AM
ok i checked my sources and heres the actual list of chaining rules... i did leave one out.

and statigar, i may be able to get my hands on the diamond emulation rom for either high quality screenshots or low quality screen recording videos, i just thought of that.

1)Only choose a patch of grass if four patches are shaking
2)Choose a grass that shakes like the other patches of grass
3)Do not choose a grass that forces you out of the Pokerader
4)Only choose the patch of grass furthest away from you or atleast 4 steps away
5)When using a repel,restart the Pokerader
6)Never go to grasses in corners
7)Avoid the grass that is next to you
8)Restart the rader when you have failed
9)Never flee from a pokemon
10)Never use your bike