PDA

View Full Version : Rotom-W analysis. It's gonna take you to the cleaners!

Dimes
01-25-2009, 01:16 AM
~Rotom-W~

Rotom-W, the Plasma Pokemon. Rotom-W is a forme of Rotom, with different stats and a special move. Rotom-W is known for scaring away Heatran with its bulk and 105 Special Attack, coupled with a super-effective attack. Rotom-W is also known as a decent spin blocker, better than Rotom-C in my view. Rotom-W is basicly a spirit that has taken over a washing machine.

~Analysis~

Physical Wall

Rotom: @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
252 hp, 252 def, 6 spatt
-Discharge
-Will-o-Wisp/Reflect
-Rest
-Shadow Ball/ Sleep Talk/ Hydro Pump

Basic physical wall. Discharge is nice for the Paralysis and Reflect or Will-o-Wisp cripples Physical attackers. Rest is for the healing you need and Shadow Ball for a second STAB. Hydro Pump scares Claydol, Donphan, Torkoal and Heatran. Sleep talk is optional if you don't wish to be helpless while resting. Sleep talk makes sure that you aren't helpless while being asleep. You can go Thunder Bolt, but many prefer the para for support over power.

Dual Screen

Rotom-W: @Leftovers/ Light Clay
Bold/Calm Nature
252 hp, 6 spatt, 252 spdef or 252 def
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Rest/ Will-o-Wisp/ Hydro Pump
-Discharge

You want to focus mainly on either defence stat for better walling, since it allows more walling capability, especially sice Rotom-W's Base HP is 50. Rest is nice healing but Will-o-wisp works nicely when you run Calm. Hydro Pump is also nice with Calm for awesome Heatran walling, so I suggest going special if you have WOW. Gyara won't enjoy being walled with Reflect up and a burn, same with all physical sweepers that do not have Guts, so you may want to go special.

Time for cleaning! (Laundry)

Rotom-W: @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
252 spatt, 252 spd, 6 def
-Thunderbolt
-Shadow Ball
-Hidden Power [Fighting]
-Trick/ Hydro Pump

Stronger than Tide-To-Go and makes stains cower in fear, it's A Specs Rotom-W! STAB Thunderbolt hurts off of 105 spatt. Shadow Ball gets STAB and hits everything for neutral with Hidden Power [Fighting], which comes in handy with Specs and 105 base spatt. Trick messes up Blissey and nearly every wall, but Hydro Pump eats up Heatran, Donphan, Hippowdon and Rhyperior.

THUNDERSTRUCK!

Rotom-W: @ Choice Scarf
Timid/ Modest Nature
252 spatt, 252 spd, 6 spdef
-Thunder
-Hydro Pump
-Shadow Ball
-Hidden Power [Fighting]/ Trick

ACDC FTW! Seriously, STAB 100% Thunder HURTS stuff like Specs Kyogre and Non-Scarf Palkia. Rain Boosted Hydro Pump hits Groudon and Dugtrio hard. Shadow Ball hits the Psychics that take alot of the Uber's Population. HP Fighting hits everything else for Neutral that the types hit for NVE. Trick hurts Giratina, Blissey, Latios, Latias, Mew and Lugia, to name a few, as Giratina wants to stall like Bliss or phaze like Lugia, Lati@s wants their Soul Dew and Mew likes setting up and BPing.

~Opinion~

It's an awesome Spin Blocker, but the movepool is limited for this Pokemon. The attacking moves are usually predictable and the support move pool is way better. The low HP is a big set back as well. Most Rotoms are better with Weather support when it comes to sweeping and this one is one of them.

~Counters~

Milotic doesn't mind Wow and neither does Non-Band Snorlax. Blissey can usually take it on aswell, but all have to be wary of Trick. Hariyama and Heracross love Wow when they have Guts and can hit back with Night Slash and Payback. Anything with Toxic like Bronzong can stall it out and take advantage of Rotom's low HP, and things like Alakazam can encore WoW, then proceed to Shdow Ball/ CM.

~Other Options~

None really, unless you want to go Crazy with status moves. Charge Beam would be nice after some boosts and behind a Substitute, but that's it. Sucker Punch, as crazy as it sounds, could function on weakened sweepers, allowing to have priority.

Laurel
01-25-2009, 01:59 AM
For the Dual Screen set you should try and find a more balanced spread so it can take hits from all direction so it has the chance to get Dual Screen. I also think you should but Thunder Bolt as an Option because Discharge wont really do anything with no SpA Ev's. So truly Id put T-Wave over Discharge
________
LIVE *** WEBSHOWS (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

FYS-guard
01-25-2009, 03:55 AM
For the Dual Screen set you should try and find a more balanced spread so it can take hits from all direction so it has the chance to get Dual Screen. I also think you should but Thunder Bolt as an Option because Discharge wont really do anything with no SpA Ev's. So truly Id put T-Wave over Discharge
Discharge has a 30% chance of paralysis, and it allows you to at least do some damage to the taunters you may encounter. Without one attacking move, taunt will screw the set over. Discharge doesn't require any special attack EVs to prove to be useful.

Thunderbolt is a good option if it's power you want, however discharge is preffered on the wall sets for the higher chance of paralysis and the fact that the damage is still decent.

I agree with you on the EV spreads though. Dual screeners need EVs in both the defensive stats to take hits from both sides of the spectrum.

Dimes
01-25-2009, 10:31 PM
But however, it will not be able to take both sides as well. In theory, you would switch in on a sweeper or such that you can wall. I'm not saying that you should never, ever do it, but I don't recommend it.

TODICHU
01-25-2009, 10:38 PM
yeah i think on teh dual screen set the evs should be more balanced

but if you have will-o-wisp you dun really need so much def evs =/

decent analysis anyway =D

Dimes
01-25-2009, 10:47 PM
Why do you think I reccomended going special with it. >_>

FYS-guard
01-26-2009, 12:26 AM
But however, it will not be able to take both sides as well. In theory, you would switch in on a sweeper or such that you can wall. I'm not saying that you should never, ever do it, but I don't recommend it.
Fair enough. You should add thunderbolt in the other options for the screeners and supporters. There are some people who prefer power over hax to win battles or just power in general.

Dimes
01-26-2009, 01:33 AM
It isn't so much hax, it's support.