PDA

View Full Version : UU Team (including ex-BL)

Rioteer
01-31-2009, 05:07 PM
So I've been experimenting a lil in the new UU tier. It has a fresh wave of originality that I like, so I've been working on a UU team, containing mostly ex-BL. It's an offensive team. Let's begin.

1. Typhlosion@Choice Scarf
Blaze, Mild
144 Att, 168 Spe, 198 SpA
-Eruption
-Overheat
-Earthquake
-Focus Punch
It's already the standard for this pokemon, and I find it quite useful as a lead. A lot of things in UU are weak to fire, and it more then not let's me either net a quick KO, or scout the opponent's team while doing a lot of damage. A lot of switch ins don't expect to lose more then half of their HP thanks to Eruption, which lets me 2HKO and is actually even better then KOing their lead, as now I know about 2 pokes my opponent uses, and I KO'd one. Earthquake is coverage, Focus Punch works on the switches (although I always start with Eruption, but it shows me the way the opponent thinks and might let me use it later on). Outspeeds everything without a choice scarf in UU. TypHO has one minor set-back; the need of a spinner. 25% damage off SR, or spikes damage is not preferred to keep eruption at it's insane max power. Good thing there is a spinner in UU that fits the team rather well.

2. Claydoll@Leftovers
Levitate, Calm
236 HP, 136 Def, 4 Spe, 110 SpA, 24 SpD
-Earth Power
-Stealth Rock
-Rapid Spin
-Toxic
And there it is. This guy performs five tricks, and performs it well. He sets up Stealth Rock, duh. He spins away opposing SR, duhx2. He makes for a great Steelix counter (which is very common in UU). He can take out or at least **** something over that he's weak against with toxic. And, as a perk, it's ability gives me a great way to switch it in absorbing ground attacks, where his typing lets it absorb Electric attacks as well! I really like the way this thing plays out, and it has got me past a poke that would've finished me more then once. The EV-spread seems rather busy, but it has some reasoning actually ^^. It needs high HP, 236 gives it 320 HP, rounding out leftovers recovery. The def provides a nice tanklike way of absorbing close combats, and striking hard with its 110 SpA ev's. 4 Spe means it will outspeed 75 base speed 0 EV pokes, always handy. 24 SpD rounds the number down to 310, nicely absorbing shadow balls.

3. Ambipom@Silk Scarf
Technician, Jolly
6 HP, 252 Att, 252 Spe
-Fake-Out
-Double Hit
-Knock Off
-U-Turn
I only used is as a starter before, but now I know this guy can perform great switching in as well. I have two psychics on my team, letting this dude come in to laugh at some shadow balls and wreak havoc. Fake-Out gives me my priority attack. Double Hit is way better then Return IMO, because it let's me break subs, which is a much used method in UU. It has a lil more power then Return as well, althought that's neglectible. Does get a double chance of scoring a crit, which definitely erases Returns accuracy advantage. Fake-Out and Double Hit both benefit from Technician as well as STAB and Silk Scarf, making the combination of them very, very surprisingly deadly. Knock Off cripples walls and choice scarfers, and U-Turn off course nets me some damage switching out, which this guy performs great with his awesome speed. Kind of an oddball on the team, but he always adds to my battles.

4. Raikou@Leftovers
Pressure, Modest
60 HP, 160 Def, 252 Spe, 38 SpA
-Thunderbolt
-Extrasensory
-Hidden Power Grass
-Calm Mind
Electricity simplifies life. In this case, it ends life and only simplifies mine. Raikou shines in UU as it could not in OU. Modest doesn't hurt it, as it still outspeeds base 100 +natured pokemon. I find the need to outspeed Ambipom or other Raikou not to exceed the need for power. Extrasensory nets me a lot of KO's as 40% of all UU pokes are poison/fighting types. Calm Mind boosts it's attack to great hights, and with a SpD stat starting at 236 he will become quite sturdy actually. Which is why I decided to do a suicune with him, and Def EV it. He will survive 2 Earthquakes from steelix at full health if it doesnt have a boosted stat or a lot of Attack EV's invested. I have been thinking about switching HP Grass for HP fighting, as that will kill things like steelix more, and I lack a bit in the fighting type moves department. Advice or suggestions much appreciated.

5. Feraligatr@Life Orb
Torrent, Adamant
26 HP, 252 Att, 232 Spe
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Earthquake
-Ice Punch
My water type, he just eradicates problems. It has nice Def to go with it's rather good HP, so he can switch in, DD, and pwn stuff coming from approximately 510 Attack. Ice punch is what really differentiates him from Gyarados, and it works wonders on the grass types that always switch in. If he can get two DD's in? Beware. He is often sturdy enough to survive hits with HP left, but less then 33%, activating Torrent and netting me another KO on something not expecting Waterfall doing 50% more damage all of a sudden. Outspeeds Swellow/Sceptile after 1 DD.

6. Mesprit@Leftovers
Levitate, Bold
204 HP, 216 Def, 6 Spe, 84 SpA
-Psychic
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Thunder Wave
Yeah, boltbeam. Whenever some sweeper is getting the best of me, I will send this thing out to end my perdicament. And he does so, 9 out of 10 times. Thunder Wave is one of the best moves in the game, completely ending almost all sweeps. It also represents my substitute for Roar, a move thats normally a must have on any team. Stabbed psychic coming from 267 SpA will kill stuff, and Boltbeam is a dangerous attacking combo as always. My team needed some def, here it is.

The main idea of this team is to simply outclass pokes 1 on 1, and when that's not possible, send in something that surely will. Especially Raikou excells in this department, after two CC's he will decimate 2-4 pokes if my opponent hasn't got a great answer for him. Pretty much every poke on this team, barring Claydol can sweep the **** out of my opponent, even though their attack stats aren't as intimidating as the usual popular sweepers. Keep in mind that UU houses a lot of pokes that can't take hits as well as their OU bosses do. I have tried this team in OU, and as 80% of all players in there don't have a clue of what they are doing, it performs pretty well. I'm hoping more players will extend their interest to UU, as I want to test this team to really get the EV-spreads 'perfect'.
Problems I experienced:
-Typhlosion makes a great lead, but Focus sash starters do get the best of him a lot. The lack of another fire move can hurt me later on in the match.
-Stall teams are a pain (as always), in particular because I lack a stabbed fighting move. Some walls are rather hard to break.
-Ghost pokemon also pose a problem. Ambipom can switch in, and if they are choice scarfed I will exterminate them later, but if they are not, it cant do much more then knock off their item and switch out again. I was beaten by a late game froslass sweeper who got a crit with ice beam on ambipom, and all I had left were claydol and mesprit with half its HP. I don't have a hard hitting dark move, dunno where to put it either.

Well rate away! And help me with the HP desicion on Raikou please.

oosman
02-01-2009, 01:23 AM
i feel like your team is a bit mismaggy weak
in addition give raikou sub so it cant be status'd easily
finally get change your typhlosion lead, i really think they are ineffective, i suggest crobat or frolass

zod
02-01-2009, 05:41 AM
Use pictures. I cant read.