PDA

View Full Version : Farfetch'd analysis {REVAMP}

FYS-guard
03-09-2009, 04:24 AM
FARFETCH'D

http://guidesmedia.ign.com/guides/9846/images/farfetchd.gif

Summary:

Most Used Farfetch'd Set:

The infamous "ZOMG Crit hax!!" set would have to be one of the only Farfetch'd sets that anyone would use, closely followed by the flailing set. These sets are the only well known sets that have sweeping potential at a glance, which is why they're preferred over other listed variations. With Agility + stick as a hold item, a Farfetch'd running slash and night slash can tear through anything that can't resist those moves by landing crit after crit after crit.

Usual Counters:

Counters: Everything can counter a Farfetch’d as long as it has an attacking move. Steel types like Bronzong, Metagross and Steelix stand out from the crowd, being able to resist toxic and take everything that gets thrown their way.

Muk and Weezing do an awesome job countering as well.

Forretress can come in easily; however, some random trainer might run HP fire. Watch out for that.

Farfetch'd Is Used On:

With it's mediocre stats + small movepool, there isn't a lot Farfetch'd can help you with in any tier other than UU, should your opponent not use anything faster that can OHKO Farfetch'd (which is a lot of pokes).

Farfetch'd is one of a few pokemon you never really see, making it something you'd see in many a novelty team.

In Depth:

http://www.pokemondb.co.uk/images/sprites/diamond-pearl/normal/farfetchd.png
[Life orb special attacker]

Farfetch’d @ Life orb

Nature: Mild [+Sp.Atk, -def]

Ability: Inner focus

Ev Spread: 252sp attack/252speed/6hp

~HP fighting/HP ground/HP electric
~Air slash
~U turn
~Roost

A novelty set for those who want to exert the special attacking potential Farfetch’d possesses. With pitiful defence, mild is the preferred choice over rash.

With the 252 EVs in sp attack, HP fighting will 2HKO all Tyranitar with no HP EVs invested, HP ground will 2HKO Magnezone and Heatran and HP electric will 2HKO Gyarados. Mind you, even with 252speed EVs, Farfetch’d will not be able to outspeed 252speed Adamant Tyranitars so prediction is the key for hitting them.

U turn is for scouting common Farfetch’d switch ins in the earlier game. Should you use this and bring Farfetch’d in again, you’ll know what move to use should the counter show its ugly face again. Roost to recover the LO damage.

A hasty variation is viable, however you will be sacrificing much needed special attacking power. Really, all you want it to do is outspeed adamant Tyranitars so if you want more speed, try this spread.

6HP/36 attack/252sp attack/216speed

216 speed EVs allows you to outspeed all pokemon with 65 base speed and 252speed EVs off a neutral nature. 36 attack gives U turn that extra bit of power and prevents EVs from being wasted in the mediocre defence stats.

The lowering of the special attack stat means HP fighting isn’t guaranteed to 2HKO Tyranitars with no HP EVs invested. Gyarados, Heatran and Magnezone will still be 2HKOed by their listed HP types.

[Toxic stall]

Farfetch’d @ Leftovers

Nature: Careful [+Sp.Def, -Sp.Atk]

Ev Spread: 252HP/44Sp Defence/212speed

~Toxic
~Protect
~Fly
~Substitute

A set that relies on toxic stalling to beat the opposition. The speed EVs allow you to throw up a sub against most Umbreons before they can taunt you. Once you have your sub up, you may proceed to toxic stall your opponent. Use protect and fly accordingly to wear down your opponent.

Roost is not listed in this set because it will halve the effectiveness of the toxic stalling provided. If you must have it, it is recommended that you use it over protect because subs are needed to block taunts from the opposition.

[ZOMG Crit hax!!]

Farfetch’d @ Stick

Nature: Adamant [+Atk –Sp.Atk]

Ev Spread: 252attack/252speed/6def

~Slash
~Night slash
~Knock off
~Agility/Swords dance

Feeling lucky? Then this is the set for you. This set relies heavily on crit hax for you to even knock down one of your opponent’s pokemon. With slash and night slash in your arsenal, the chances are higher. With stick, the trusty sidekick by his side, Farfetch’d will be landing crits like there’s no tomorrow.

Knock off is more or less a filler if anything comes in to wall you. At least you can render their item useless and maybe get a crit.

Agility can prove beneficial and turn Farfetch’d into a sweeping machine should your opponent’s team be frail. Swords dance will make those crits scar your opponents pokes for life.

[Bring on the lead ape]

Farfetch’d @ Focus sash/Life orb

~Aerial ace
~Quick attack
~Knock off/Night slash
~Roost/Toxic

A novelty set designed to take down the overused lead apes in the OU metagame.

The majority of them will try to set up their rocks on you off the mark or use fake out. Simply fight back with Aerial ace after they use their move. After using Fake out, they think they’re going to kill you off. But wait… that’s this? Infernape fainted? That’s because Farfetch’d packs quick attack to deliver the final blow on Infernape.

If your sash is still intact, then that’s a real plus for you. The next poke that comes in will either have their item knocked off or they will be poisoned before Farfetch’d loses it’s sash. If it’s not intact and you have roost over toxic, you might be able to heal it later in the game.

If you're a risk taker, then Life orb is the better option for you. Most lead apes like to put up their rocks or scout your item, making Aerial ace deal more damage and ensure that quick attack will finish Infernape off.

If you go with the life orb set, it's best to run night slash over knock off as well. Doing this will allow you to dispose of lead Azelfs.

[Choice band]

Farfetch’d @ Choice band

~Aerial ace
~Quick attack
~Return
~Knock off/Night slash/U turn

Self explanatory. It’s Christmas dinner with a choice band around it. Aerial ace involves the waiter running with the trolley and crashing into the table, making Farfetch’d fly off the plate and hit fighting/grass and bug types in the face. Quick attack involves a hungry person throwing a punch before Farfetch’d is eaten alive in the field by… well, anything. Return for a powerful STAB move and Knock off for support. Night slash is also an option should you predict any incoming ghosts. U turn for scouting.

[Flailing set]

Farfetch’d @ Salac berry/Leichi berry

Ev Spread: 252attack/252speed/6sp def

~Swords dance/Agility
~Flail
~Endure
~Substitute/Aerial ace

The aim of this set is to make sure you get that berry boost going. Having endure and substitute in the one set should guarantee that you get your swords dance boost and your berry boost. If you are running a Leichi berry set, go with agility. If you are running a salac set, go with swords dance.

Other options: Pluck for stealing berries off your opponent. Mirror move for those of you who love the originality in sets and wish to make a mix sweeper. Curse for a Trick room team and to make your opponent lose by making a mistake while laughing their *** off at your stupidity.

Opinion: Well, Christmas dinner can’t be too hard to catch, so they had to make the stats as low as possible whilst still allowing enough flexibility in Farfetch’d’s movepool to allow turkey lovers to actually DO SOMETHING with it in game.

i am cool
03-09-2009, 11:20 AM
Despite this being done, I propose that we keep this amazing piece of work.

The old one is outdated, and this is basically a "REVAMP" of the old one...Right?

Amazing work yet again <3.

FYS-guard
03-09-2009, 11:51 PM
Despite this being done, I propose that we keep this amazing piece of work.

The old one is outdated, and this is basically a "REVAMP" of the old one...Right?

Amazing work yet again <3.
Pretty much, yeah. I didn't see it until after I finished. I had it pretty much covered anyway.

Thanks again iac. 8)

i am cool
03-10-2009, 06:44 AM
AT you should have told me to move it instead of re-posting in the Analysis Correction Forum.

FYS-guard
03-10-2009, 08:17 AM
AT you should have told me to move it instead of re-posting in the Analysis Correction Forum.
Sorry about that. I wasn't sure where they were supposed to go until I saw your revamps.

Next time, I'll know.

i am cool
04-14-2009, 10:04 AM
Reserved, I'll have this up soon.

Spannertastic
05-21-2009, 01:19 AM
Nooooo!!

I already done'd this one! And I have to say, it was some of my best work!

Don't know if it was better... but I called it first. lol.