http://i433.photobucket.com/albums/qq57/TODICHU/duskanal.jpg?t=1239553556

Tank@ Leftovers
Impish
252 Hp 252 Def 4 Sp.def
~ Will-O-Wisp
~ Fire Punch
~ Thunder Punch / Ice Punch / Shadow Sneak
~ Pain Split

With great Defenses and his Ghost-typing Dusknoir is great at tanking and can also block Rapid Spin well.

Dusknoir does very well at taking Physical hits with his Defence. However ,he can also Burn them to cripple Physical hitters even further. Fire Punch rips Scizor and Metagross apart and gives Weavile trouble even though he is quite rarely seen now. Thunder Punch gets Gyrados while Ice Punch gives Dragons a hard time. Shadow Sneak gives Dusknoir a STAB move and the priority can always come handy.

Pain Split allows you to recover your health and because Dusknoir has such low HP Pain Split often does average damage to the opponent, however don't rely on Pain Split for healing too much.

This Dusknoir is mainly focused to take Physical hits however you may want to use a spread of 252 HP / 145 Def / 111 SpD. This guarantees Dusknoir survives a Life Orb Shadow Ball from a Timid Gengar.

Trick Room@ Leftovers
Relaxed
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD IV's 0 Speed
~ Trick Room
~ Will-O-Wisp
~ Pain Split
~ Shadow Punch / Earthquake / Shadow Sneak

Trick Room is what sets Dusknoir apart from the Rotom formes and Spiritomb as neither of them can learn it. Dusknoir is a fascinating user of Trick Room due to how sluggish he is and how high high Defenses are. With a Speed IV of 0 Dusknoir hits 85 Speed meaning that he outspeeds the majority of things when Trick Room is present. However, one should not attempt to attack with Dusknoir once Trick Room is set up, as that should be left to your slow yet powerful Physical / Special sweepers.

Will-O-Wisp can yet again cripple those Physical Pokemon and the Defensive Pokemon who pop-up attempting to wall Dusknoir. Pain Split allows Dusknoir to recover its health.

The last move slot is up to personal preferance. Shadow Punch allows Dusknoir to have a real STAB move reaching 112.5 Base power. Earthquake kills Heatran and can deal with Tyranitar, while Shadow Sneak lets you kill things when Trick Room is over.

Calm Mind@ Leftovers
Bold
252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpA
~ Calm Mind
~ Ice Beam / Focus Blast
~ Shadow Ball / Will-O-Wisp
~ Pain Split

Generally, Spiritomb does Defensive sets better than Dusknoir thanks to superior typing. Even though Spiritomb might also seem better at Special attacking than Dusknoir, this set can differentiate Dusknoir from Spiritomb as Dusknoir has access to the surpirse factor, Ice Beam and Focus Blast.

Ice Beam takes care of those pesky Dragons, while the devastating Dark-types who can prove annoying for Dusknoir are taken care of by Focus Blast. Shadow Ball can also aid with Ghost and Psychic-types.

Note: Opting for Will-o-wisp over Shadow Ball while running Ice Beam as the attacking option is a poor idea since that will provoke terrible type coverage for Dusknoir.

Choice Bandilicious@ Choice Band
Adamant
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
~ Focus Punch / Brick Break
~ Shadow Sneak / Sucker Punch
~ Fire Punch / Ice Punch / ThunderPunch
~ Trick

This set lets you use Dusknoir's better attacking stat for Sweeping.

Focus Punch lets you kill Tyranitar, Weavile, and Heatran with ease. Brick Break may be used if you dont like predicting with Focus Punch, but it comes with only half the power. Shadow Sneak gives Dusknoir a STAB priority move that will OHKO Gengar, Azelf, and Alakazam. Despite this, you might attempt using Shadow Punch, but generally Shadow Sneak remains the better option. Fire Punch kills Scizor, Weavile, and Metagross, while Ice Punch kills Dragons and Thunder Punch kills Gyarados.

Trick lets you cripple any Special attacker or wall which can come in handy.

SubPunch@ Leftovers
Adamant
252 HP / 232 Atk / 24 Def
~ Substitute
~ Focus Punch
~ Sucker Punch / Shadow Sneak
~ Fire Punch / Ice Punch

This set utilizes Dusknoirs immunities to easily switch in, set up with Substitute and blast away with Focus Punch. Focus Punch hits most things quite hard. 232 Attack EVs allow Dusknoir to always OHKO 4 Hp / 252 Def Blissey with Focus Punch when Stealth Rock are set up. Sucker Punch gives you a high power priority move. However, it dosen't work all the time and could backfire. Shadow Sneak is relaiable but the Base Power of Sucker Punch is desirable sometimes. As usual Fire Punch kills Metagross, Weavile and Scizor and Ice Punch kills Dragons.

RestTalk@ Leftovers
Impish
252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpD
~ Will-O-Wisp / Brick Break
~ Fire Punch
~ Rest
~ Sleep Talk

RestTalk gives Dusknoir another way to heal himself, because Pain Split in general is not reliable. Fire Punch is to damage things such as Scizor, Weavile and Metagross, while Brick Break gives you another attack to defeat Steel-types. However, one should consider Will-O-Wisp as it can cripple the ever so common Physical hitters.

Other Options:

Counter is a good option for surprising powerful physical attackers like Heracross who wants to 2HKO you just don't overuse it as Dusknoir isn't ideal for the move with his abysmal HP.

Opinion:

Dusknoir has very nice Defensive stats and an okay attack stat. However, his HP is terrible, this makes Pain Split all the better for walling. Additionally, Dusknoir has atrocious Speed and an appaling Special Attack stat...This description just says why Dusknoir should be played as a Defensive wall and he's an all around awesome Defensive Pokemon...

Counters:

--Being worked on--

i am cool
04-12-2009, 05:57 PM
Never expected such a good Analysis from you, Tod.

I spotted some mistakes, like capitilization errors punctuation and awkward sentences etc. But come on, who doesn't have these in his Analysis? Eh I like this piece of work...Welcome to the team!

mosers15
04-13-2009, 12:17 AM
sexy analysis Tod.
IAC will prob revamp...and then ill check the revamp and we will have another great analysis complete. woo

i am cool
04-13-2009, 09:23 AM
I already Revamped this. Not completely, but I made a lot of improvements :P.

Eh I'll have the complete Revamp up sometime this week or the next.

mosers15
04-14-2009, 11:36 PM
awesome sounds good.
Tod and Expo are going analysis crazy. Maybe I should too after i write my paper for english ^^