PDA

View Full Version : Clamperl Analysis

Sheep
04-14-2009, 02:35 AM
Clamperl is an unusual Pokemon with decent stats, however a near unusable moveset. Clamperl recently has recieved the much needed addition of DeepSeaTooth and DeepSeaScale, maybe now with the well respected power boost can it make an impact in the Never Used and Under Used environments.

http://i44.tinypic.com/2iaz6zm.png

Set 1.

Name: Tricky Clam

Clamperl @ DeepSeaTooth
Ability: Shell Armor
Nature: Quiet
EV's: 252 Hp/252 SpA/4 Def
~Surf
~Ice Beam
~Hp Grass/Electric
~Brine/Confuse Ray

This set, in conjunction with a team running Trick Room makes this Super Clam one speedy customer. With all that Speed, you would be amazed at how much chaos Clamperl can bring to a team, as it is able to go first for 5 turns.

With DeepSeaTooth, Clamperl reaches a massive 540 Special Attack stat, which is not too scrappy for a Pokemon that is almost Never Used. Hidden Power Grass could be used for Quagsire, since it counters this set completely without the aforementioned move. Or, you can use Hidden Power Electric for Milotic and Mantine, which is almost a 3HKO on both after Stealth Rock damage. Brine could be used over Confuse Ray due to the 2x STAB when your opponents health is at less than half, which means Game Over for Blissey. Surf is a regular STAB and Ice Beam is for coverage.

Set 2.

Name: Impregnable Clam

Clamperl @ DeepSeaScale
Nature: Calm
EV"s: 252 HP/252 SpD/ 6 Atk
~Clamp
~Dive
~Protect
~Confuse Ray

This set is intended to be played in the Over Used environment, the set regarded as "The Impregnable Clam!". This set here is a very risky set to use and requires a good amount of prediction to pull off.

Clamperl can trap your opponent's Pokemon and damge them while Clamperl uses Dive and hits them for STAB with its amazing 6 Atk EVs. Protect against an attack that might threaten a KO and Dive till your opponent suffers a long and painful death from Clamperl, while you sit there and laugh at them. Confuse Ray is there to stall your opponent's HP to oblivion. And your Special Defense climbs up to a whopping 458 stat with DeapSeaScale. With that being said, this set has been tested and proved to work most of the time.

Other Options:

Nothing really, 35 base HP doesn't help the DeepSeaScale set although you can run Barrier or Toxic for additional tanking and support.

Counters:

Any fast hitting Pokemon. Clamperl has very dismall defenses although if you let the DeepSeaTooth set attack you with a beastly STAB Surf then it may deal some devistating damage towards you. Just play smart towards Clamperls weaknesses, its very poor Speed and very average Defenses.

mosers15
04-14-2009, 02:48 AM
wow
This rocks. Needs a little fine tuning of course, but i leave that up to iac.

Nice job Sheep

Sheep
04-14-2009, 02:50 AM
I can't edit. >.> It's a blank gray box when I try to.

ekspo
04-14-2009, 04:48 AM
Its alright.. A lot of informal language though, kinda looks random compared to some other Analysis's, I'll go through and fix up as much as I can. I will also make the ending to "Other options" and "Counters" also.

Edit: Ok, I went through it and made quite a few changes, hopefully now i saved some of iac's time =D, next time you should add Counters and Other Options <_< gl with future Analysis.

i am cool
04-14-2009, 11:11 AM
LOL thanks expO for helping even more, I'll go through another run today, then the final run and put it up.

Sheep
04-14-2009, 08:47 PM
Gah. Im such a nub. :(

i am cool
04-14-2009, 08:57 PM
No you aren't--everyone makes mistakes!

Changes made in bold.

mosers15
04-15-2009, 02:09 AM
No you aren't--everyone makes Mistakes!

noticed how he randomly capitalized mistakes.
How ironic...

Dragard
04-15-2009, 02:15 AM
noticed how he randomly capitalized mistakes.
How ironic...
Lol!

Dang, there are loads of analysis being made lately O_O

ekspo
04-18-2009, 03:13 PM
one question dragard.. what does your statement have anythign to do with your quote corresponding it?

cat
04-21-2009, 04:27 AM
Clamperl is an unusual Pokemon with decent stats, however a near unusable moveset. Clamperl recently has recieved the much needed addition of DeepSeaTooth and DeepSeaScale, maybe now with the well respected power boost can it make an impact in the Never Used and Under Used environments.

http://i44.tinypic.com/2iaz6zm.png

Set 1.

Name: Tricky Clam

Clamperl @ DeepSeaTooth
Nature: Quiet
EV's: 252 Hp/252 SpA/4 Def
~Surf
~Ice Beam
~Hp Grass/Electric
~Brine/Confuse Ray

This set, in conjunction with Trick Room makes this Super Clam one speedy customer. With all that Speed, you would be amazed at how much chaos Clamperl can bring to a team, as it is able to outspeed any pokemon above <enter clamperls speed> for at least 3 turns.

Took out "a team running" since you didn't really need that part as Its a given. Changed "it goes first" since that's not nessecarily true. Changed from 5 turns to at least 3 turns since it's impossible to get 5 turns and the only way to get 4 turns is if your trick roomer dies the same turn it uses trick room or your opponent uses trick room.

With DeepSeaTooth, Clamperl reaches a massive 540 Special Attack stat, which is not too scrappy for a Pokemon that is almost Never Used. Hidden Power Grass could be used for Quagsire, since it counters this set completely without the aforementioned move. Or, you can use Hidden Power Electric for Milotic and Mantine, which is almost a 3HKO on both after Stealth Rock damage. Brine could be used over Confuse Ray due to the 2x STAB when your opponents health is at less than half, which means Game Over for Blissey. Surf is a regular STAB and Ice Beam is for coverage.

Set 2.

Name: Impregnable Clam

Clamperl @ DeepSeaScale
Nature: Calm
EV's: 252 HP/252 SpD/ 6 Atk
~Clamp
~Dive
~Protect
~Confuse Ray

Changed the " in EV"s to an '

This set is intended to be played in the Over Used environment. This is a very risky set to use and requires a good amount of prediction to pull off.

took out the bit where you tell us what the set was called, there's no reason to do that. Took out "set here" since it sounded redundant.

Clamperl can trap your opponent's Pokemon and damge them while using Dive and hits them for STAB. Protect against an attack that might threaten a KO and Dive till your opponent suffers a long and painful death from Clamperl. Confuse Ray is there to stall your opponent's HP to oblivion. Your Special Defense climbs up to a whopping 458 stat with DeapSeaScale.

Replaced "clamperl uses" with using. Took out " with it's amazing 6 attack ev's" since there's no reason to joke around in an analysis and possibly mislead someone. Took out "while you sit there and laugh at them"for the same reason of joking. Took out the "and" in "and your..." because you never start a sentence with "and".( I can't believe you guys didn't catch that). Took out the whole last sentance since the "most of the time" could lead people to conclusion that the set's not as good as it is being shown to be and the last sentance genrally provided nothing to the analysis as a whole. There should be something added about how much toxic spikes will help this set, since it will probably take 1/4 of the time it does without toxic spikes.

Other Options:

Nothing really, 35 base HP doesn't help the DeepSeaScale set although you can run Barrier or Toxic for additional tanking and support.

Counters:

Any fast hitting Pokemon. Clamperl has very dismall defenses although if you let the DeepSeaTooth set attack you with a beastly STAB Surf then it may deal some devistating damage towards you. Just play smart towards Clamperls weaknesses, its very poor Speed and very average Defenses.

Bulky grass and water pokemon should be added as counters. Adittionally, "any fast hitting pokemon" should probably be rethought and reworded since they would be more of revenge killers than counters.

Hope that helps.

caos
08-22-2009, 08:36 PM
Well, about the defensive one i made one moveset some time ago, i made this:

Clamperl @ DeepSeaScale
Nature: Relaxed
Ivs: 0 Spe
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Spd
Moves:
- Confuse Ray/Attract
- Toxic
- Rest
- Surf

I made a kind of mixed wall, the defence stats round something that was more that 200, rest might not be a very good idea, but i think you might take a look at toxic and attract...

To counters i would put blissey, lanturn and ludicolo that make a good work against it...