PDA

View Full Version : My newest (Semi-gimmmick-but-can-work-in-OU) team.

Ria
04-24-2009, 01:44 AM
Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 158 HP/124 Atk/228 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Taunt
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Bounce

A lead that I'm testing out for a friend, so far its working... The Spd evs will allow me to outspeed 252 Spd Timid/Naive Heatran.*Taunt anything that i need to and start the battle in my favor.

Staraptor (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Return

This is a underrated sweeper imo, With CB Staraptor can reach 508 Atk, Brave Bird and Close Combat can put dents in even the most bulkiest of Pokemon. U-Turn for a disadvantage match-up and Return for STAB.

Rampardos (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Head Smash
- Zen Headbutt

This guy is the epitome of power(right next to Staraptor). 428 Atk mixed with 354 Speed and a Base 150 STAB move... It may be hard getting him in but its also hard getting him out(Till he kills himself).

Flygon (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd
- U-turn
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

This guy is just great, Taking the Thunder moves that my other Pokemon can't take, and is the most fastest Pokemon on my team.

Sceptile (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Thunderpunch
- Leaf Blade
- Brick Break

SD Sceptile gets everyone off guard, I bet you wasn't expecting it till you saw this =p, Leaf Blade kills the bulky water Pokemon that i might find. Brick Break breaks Reflects and stuff and Thunderpunch for Gyarados and friends.

Blastoise (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 Def/6 SAtk/252 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Roar

This guy is a good Rapid Spinner(Seeing as how my main Pokemon hates rocks), I'm not sure if I should have Ice Beam or something else, Roar for phazing and stuff...

Dragonknight
05-02-2009, 02:14 PM
-Maybe put ddance on gyara rather than bounce. i just don't see how bounce will benefit your team more than ddance.

This is a underrated sweeper imo, With CB Staraptor can reach 508 Atk, Brave Bird and Close Combat can put dents in even the most bulkiest of Pokemon. U-Turn for a disadvantage match-up and Return for STAB.
-its not about how its underrated, its about how there are so many better sweepers out there.
-Rampardos is the same, but i guess its useable.
-flygon is a very good revenge killer, so i would keep, or switch to CB bullet punch scizor.
-if you already have STAB leaf blade on sceptile for bulky waters, i would switch t-punch for either EQ, as you have 3 pokemon weak to electric. if not EQ, then dragon claw.
- i honestly don't think blastoise is necessary. you have 2 pokemon weak to stealth rock, so i don't think stealth rock should be enough of a problem to have a whole rapid spinner. also, phazers are overrated. i would switch to a special attacker. maybe crocune. or else gliscor, hippowdon, or other physical walls will just end you.

hope this helps!

FTUU
05-04-2009, 04:49 AM
Gyrados: It's a nice set, but as long as you don't carry DD, Gyra has many better defensive options. Also, Taunt won't help you very much on this set, as when you force a switch with it, you cannot set up. If you want to keep a non-DD variant, go for T-wave > Taunt, and add more EVs to it's defenses, and you might want to think about rest-talk. However, if you want Gyra to sweep, then DD is probably your best option.

Staraptor: I love this bird, nothing to say.

Ramparados: IMO, Sub Salac works better on him, as Ramarados' raw power forces switches all the time. Plus, it gives you the opportunity to Swords Dance off of his ridiculous attack.

Flygon: Somewhat redundant with Staraptor, but a good set.

Sceptile: T-Punch is pretty pointless here, as the other two moves cover everything it hits. EQ would do much better in that slot.

Blastoise: I don't like your spread. As you already have a defensive Gyra to take special hits, a physical or mixed Blastoise would do much better here.

overall: First, everything but Blastoise is a physical attacker, meaning that Skarm, Foretress, Bronzong ect. completely screw you over. Also, the only two members of your team who have any defensive capabilities are weak to electric attacks, leading to a serious weakness to Jolteon. So let's try and fix some of these problems. First, we need something to wall Electrics like Jolteon, Blissey, Lanturn, and Magnezone immediately come to mind. Now, we need some solid special attackers, Mismagius, Latias, Alakazam and PorygonZ are all good options. Also, to componsate for your electric weakness, we could try Electivire. So the re worked team comes out something like this...

Gyrados
Staraptor
Ramparados
PorygonZ
Electivire
Lanturn

Work out some sets for these pokemon, and try it out.

Tony32
06-06-2009, 04:30 PM
Good team here ria....