PDA

View Full Version : Electivire Analysis [Revamp]

Milos
04-24-2009, 11:49 PM
Electivire
Motor Drive: Speed is boosted one stage when hit with an Electric move.
HP: 75
Atk: 123
Def: 67
SpA: 95
SpD: 85
Spe: 95

http://www.legendarypokemon.net/images/dp_artwork/466.png

http://pokejungle.net/other/pokepet/Electivire.gif

MixVire

Electivire@Expert Belt/Life Orb
Mild
36 Atk/ 252 SpA / 220 Spe

-Thunderbolt
-Flamethrower
-Hidden Power[Ice]/[Grass]
-Cross Chop

The mixed set that Electivire has to offer is probably one of it's most dangerous sets because of Electivire's varied movepool, great stats, and it's awesome ability to hinder it's moderate speed.

Thunderbolt is Electivire's main form of STAB and hits many of the top OU pokemon such as Gyarados, Vaporeon, and Skarmory super effectively. Coupling Electivire with one of the aforementioned pokemon will let you switch Electivire into the Electric attacks they would normally be receiving to boost this sets chance at a sweep, giving Electivire the ability to outrun most pokemon, with the exception of some Choice Scarf users. Flamethrower is for the ability to hit many OU Steels that would otherwise be a thorn in Electivire's side, such as Magnezone, Metagross, Scizor (who is OHKO'd) and Forretress. Hidden Power[Ice] can be used to hit Pokemon such as Zapdos, Salamence, Latias and bulky Ground types such as Hippowdon, while Hidden Power[Grass] limits your versatility somewhat, but allows you to hit Electivire's greatest counter: Swampert.

Finally, Cross Chop is used to deal with threats that only his Attack can deal with, such as Blissey, Tyranitar, and most notably Heatran (whom you will normally only be able to outrun with a speed boost). Max HP/ Def Blissey is always 2HKO'd and standard CBTar is OHKO'd. A mild nature provides Electivire with a Special attack boost, while lowering it's already horrid Defense. Life Orb brings the 1.3x offensive boost, but with the presence of sandstorm and Stealth Rock damage nowadays, Electivire won't usually last very long. Expert Belt, on the other hand, can provide boosts to his varied attacks and is therefore the preferred item.

PhysicalVire

Electivire@Expert Belt/Life Orb
Adamant
4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe

-Thunderpunch
-Ice Punch
-Cross Chop/Brick Break
-Earthquake

Physical Electivire focuses solely on his Attack stat, which is an astounding 123. This set also relies on a Speed boost from an Electric attack for it to have any chance of sweeping. Thunder Punch is primary STAB, and is useful for hitting Pokemon such as Vaporeon, Skarmory and bulky Gyarados. Earthquake allows it to tear through Heatran, as well as hitting Metagross super effectively. Cross Chop once again deals with the Steels as well as Blissey, Tyranitar, and Snorlax. Brick Break can hit through Reflect and has higher accuracy, so it's definately a viable option. Ice Punch can be used to hit Celebi and Hippowdon, but both of them will most likely survive while Celebi can hit you back with either Leech Seed or status, and Hippowdon can Slack Off the damage and fire back with an Earthquake for the KO. Expert Belt is once again your best bet as an item because of the type coverage this set has, but Life Orb can be used if you feel you need more power.

CBVire

Electivire@Choice Band
Adamant
4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe

-Thunderpunch
-Ice Punch
-Cross Chop
-Fire Punch/Earthquake

This set has the sole intent of making Electivire a hit-and-run Pokemon. The crux of this set is getting a Motor Drive boost, letting Electivire outrun Timid Choice Scarf Heatran and KO'ing it with Cross Chop. If you net that Motor Drive boost, and a Salamence or Latias is silly enough to switch into you, Electivire can easily OHKO with Ice Punch. Blissey doesnt stand a chance against Cross Chop, easily being OHKO'd, along with Tyranitar and Snorlax. Fire Punch is for the option of being able to hit Scizor and Forretress, while Earthquake has more type coverage against other Steels and Electrics.

Other Options:

Electivire has access to Low Kick, who can hit heavier Pokemon like Rhyperior and Snorlax with more power, but other than that, it's mediocre 60 attack is often overshadowed by better moves such as Cross Chop and Brick Break. Electivire also has Thunder Wave, which can be used on gimmick sets, but Pokemon with better defenses can make use of it. A SubLiechiVire used to be seen back in D/P, but with the changing metagame of D/P/Pt, it is rarely spotted. Choice Scarf can be an option, but since you'll most likely be switching in Electivire on an Electric attack, the speed boost won't be necessary.

Opinion:

Electivire is a solid addition to any team carrying Pokemon that attracts Water moves, such as Gyarados or Vaporeon. Electivire's frailness is his major weakness. With the metagame being flooded with Pokemon such as Scizor and Lucario, Electivire can be easily killed with priority moves. All in all, Electivire is nowhere near being a bad pokemon, he's just not a great one.

Counters:

For the mixed sets, Swampert is Electivire's number one counter, being immune to his STAB Thunderbolts and Thunderpunches and resisting or taking neutral damage from any of his other attacks. Swampert can set up in Electivire's face, set up rocks, Roar it away, or KO it with Earthquake. Cresselia also resists Cross Chop, and won't take much from it's Electric or Fire attacks. Hippowdon or Celebi make nice counters to the Physical sets. Celebi usually invests in Defense and HP, not even being 2HKO'd by Ice Punch or Fire Punch from Electivire. Hippowdon is the same, but having the ability to KO Electivire with a STAB Earthquake. If you know your opponent is running the Choice Band set, Celebi/Hippowdon should come in on a move you know won't kill them, so they can set up on the switch.

Let me know anything I should fix up. If I have the chance, i'll make the Swampert or Azelf analysis over the weekend.

i am cool
04-25-2009, 08:10 AM
An Azelf Analysis Revamp has been done by me. The one in the Analysis Correction section is ready to go on-site and has no more flaws.

However...I'm still surprised by this Analysis. I didn't expect it to be so neat...so proper...so win! I was astounded by this LOL. I'll be donating you a lot of points, something in the millions...Keep up the awesome work! I would just like to say I'm pretty content you're offerring help for me by Revamping Analysis and not doing new ones.

But as of now, I'd prefer if you only make new Analysis instead of Revamping old ones like what I'm doing. This is because this isn't a true Revamp because it doesn't contain 2 Important sections in the beginning and Counters in the beginning.

And since the old Analysis is outdated, I'll just replace this with Hector's one.

Ergo: Just do new Analysis and don't attempt to Revamp old ones. There's a lot of Pokemon that haven't been done. Your writing is already fantastic from what I'm seeing, so keep the good work up!

Milos
04-25-2009, 04:09 PM
thanks iac <3
but do you have the link to show me what analyses havent been done?

i am cool
04-26-2009, 09:04 AM
Delcaty hasn't been done...You can also do new Analysis (as in, Giratina-O or something)...