PDA

View Full Version : Season 2 Playoffs! - Champion: Hector, Runner-up: Stone_Cold22

Kuja20
05-07-2009, 09:29 PM
Team Uber Season 2 Playoffs!

Season Two has finally come to an end, and is now time for the playoffs! Each of the eight combatants have proven themselves by scoring high and making the playoffs. If you did not make the top 8 this time, better luck in Season 3, which I hope to host during the summer!

These are the final eight:

Stone - 21 Points
Darkrai -16 Points
Blackout – 15 Points
Kuja20 – 14 Points
Iconic – 12 Points
Hector – 11 Points
Mosers – 10 Points
Welorg – 10 Points

Congrats to the final eight for making the playoffs. Here is how the tournament will work: Three Rounds total, this is a single elimination tournament so once you have lost you are out. Each round you must play your opponent in ALL three tiers( OU, Uber and UU); i.e. best of three. Play them in the order of your preference, as long as there is a winner.

Battling Rules

For Uber Battles: All pokes allowed EXCEPT Arceus. It has not officially been released yet, so that is banned for now.

For OU Battles: Garchomp, Skymin, Wobbuffet and Deoxys-E are banned. This is should be known already.

For UU Battles: Smogon UU is in place when playing UU. More people generally preferred this, so Smogon UU it is.

Species Clause – You cannot use more than one of the same pokemon in your team.
Freeze Clause – You cannot freeze more than one pokemone.
OHKO Clause - Any moves that induce an instant KO like Horn Drill are banned.
Evasion Clause – Moves like Double Team and Minimise are banned.
Sleep Clause – You cannot put more than one pokemon to sleep.
Self KO Clause – You cannot use any moves that KO yourself when both you and your opponent are on your last poke.

1st Place receives 100,000 Points and a place in the Hall of Fame!
2nd Place receives 50,000 Points and a place in the Hall of Fame!

Good Luck to everyone! Matchup’s will be posted in the 2nd post.

Kuja20
05-07-2009, 09:30 PM
Matchups

Round 1:

Stone vs Welorg
Darkrai vs Mosers
Blackout vs Hector
Kuja vs Iconic

Iconic
05-07-2009, 10:18 PM
I still think it should be the traditional 1 vs. 8, 2 vs. 7, etc, but whatever.

Eternal
05-07-2009, 10:18 PM
Traditionally the matchups for this tournament must be organized by this method:

1 vs 8
2 vs 7
3 vs 6
4 vs 5

Not randomly.

Boats and Hoes
05-07-2009, 10:30 PM
Gl to all the competitorS

Carlo1003
05-07-2009, 10:40 PM
Iconic vs Darkrai
Welorg vs Hector
Blackout vs Stone
Kuja vs Mosers

Kuja20
05-07-2009, 11:07 PM
Traditionally the matchups for this tournament must be organized by this method:

1 vs 8
2 vs 7
3 vs 6
4 vs 5

Not randomly.

I break tradition :P

ninjamanryan
05-07-2009, 11:16 PM
good luck to all

Kuja20
05-07-2009, 11:21 PM
Ok I changed it back to the traditional

1v8
2v7
3v6
4v5

Stone_Cold22
05-08-2009, 02:41 AM
Welorg certaintly impressed me. He had me in OU, I haxed him but I told him it's his win. I don't like cheaitng people out of wins in tournaments. So then came UU...he had me 6-4 and I somehow managed to come back for a 1-0 victory at 30%. Shaymin sweep:D

Ubers...isn't welorgs best tier lol.

I win.

GG man

Iconic
05-08-2009, 04:14 AM
Poop a match is over before I can predict XD. Anyways predicting Darkrai and Hector to move on. Good luck Kujyyyy.

Safe_Kid
05-09-2009, 12:10 PM
Kuja vs Iconic is up on TUBC, check it out.

imported_Darkrai
05-11-2009, 07:58 PM
Wons ve Mosers in Ubers........ and then lost in UU and OU.

Looks like CM luke isn't good enough =(

mosers15
05-11-2009, 08:00 PM
lmao cm luke xD

I SUCKED in ubers. Tutor me damn it or give me your team

GG in UU and OU though.

Iconic
05-12-2009, 11:52 PM
I won OU and Ubers in two very close games, gg Kuja.

Eternal
05-14-2009, 01:11 AM
I won OU and Ubers in two very close games, gg Kuja.

You're up against Stone next round. =o

Good luck.

Kuja20
05-14-2009, 07:02 PM
You're up against Stone next round. =o

Good luck.
No hes not, hes against the winner of Hec vs Blackout -.-

Eternal
05-15-2009, 02:07 AM
No hes not, hes against the winner of Hec vs Blackout -.-

He's against Stone...

1 vs 8
2 vs 7
3 vs 6
4 vs 5

As you can see, first and last always get paired up. It doesn't go by 1 vs 2, 3 vs 4, etc; the pattern goes 1 vs 8, 2 vs 7, etc. So Stone won (number 1) and Iconic won (Number 5), they will get matched up. Not Stone against the winner of (Number 2 vs Number 3).

If you understand the logic of what I'm saying.... It's the same method used by Smogon, and it makes sense as the person with the most points to start off with gets the best advantage. While the person with the lowest points gets paired up with the higheest points.

i am cool
05-15-2009, 02:54 PM
So 2 Vs 6, meaning Mosers Vs. Blackou / Hector?

Eternal
05-15-2009, 06:27 PM
So 2 Vs 6, meaning Mosers Vs. Blackou / Hector?

Yea, and winner of that battles winner of Stone vs Iconic.

Stone_Cold22
05-15-2009, 06:56 PM
Side note: We aren't smogon...please don't make us out to be.

Iconic
05-15-2009, 08:22 PM
I agree, because the fewer games I have to play against Stone the better :D.

Hehe in all seriousness whoever plays who is fine with me, I just wanna have fun with it ^_^.

Kuja20
05-15-2009, 10:52 PM
Yush, not like smogon, Eternal, you are not running the tour anymore, I am. Both my way and your way are logical, but I hate ripping off Smogon's style of things.

The brackets are like this:

[Winner of Stone vs Welorg] vs [Winner of Mosers vs Darkrai]
[Winner of Hector vs Blackout] vs [Winner of Kuja vs Mosers]

And thats how it is, it doesn't make huge difference. Its bracketed not however Smogon does it, I'd rather keep it simple for now.

Anyway once S3 comes around, I'm hoping for a smoother tour, i.e. not having the site/shoddy server go down. I want to change the points system (anyone who can give me extra suggestions on how that is done please contact me).

Eternal
05-16-2009, 12:55 AM
Yush, not like smogon, Eternal, you are not running the tour anymore, I am. Both my way and your way are logical, but I hate ripping off Smogon's style of things.

That method wasn't created by Smogon. <_<

It is used in all major tournaments in real life... because its logical and concise...

so I don't understand why you wouldn't follow the logical way.

Stone_Cold22
05-16-2009, 01:58 AM
I don't understand why you won't wanna do it the way he wants to?

It doesn't really matter lol. Theres gonna be the same result. A winne rand a loser.

Kuja20
05-16-2009, 09:54 AM
That method wasn't created by Smogon. <_<

It is used in all major tournaments in real life... because its logical and concise...

so I don't understand why you wouldn't follow the logical way.
Both my way and your way is logical, and yes I do know the way you are describing wasn't created by Smogon, but I am the one running the tour, I don't mind the suggestions, but you are not running things here Eternal, and as Stone says, their really isn't much difference. If you don't like it well, tough.

Eternal
05-16-2009, 05:22 PM
I don't understand why you won't wanna do it the way he wants to?

It doesn't really matter lol. Theres gonna be the same result. A winne rand a loser.

I'm just trying to suggest this because it doesn't make sense to use a different method to configure match ups from round 1. Why change the match up method for Round 2? This will effect future Teamuber Seasonal Tournaments, as you and others will be confused of your match up method.

Stone_Cold22
05-16-2009, 06:57 PM
Noone pays attention, they play who the host tells them to. It's all good haha.

Anywya I beat Mosers in OU and UU. GG

Eternal
05-16-2009, 09:26 PM
Hector and Blackout still haven't battled yet?

Kuja20
05-16-2009, 09:54 PM
Stoners ish in the finals haha. If Blackout & Hector do not get their game done by 12am GMT 2moz, I'm putting Hector through, I have seen him much more than Blackout.

i am cool
05-17-2009, 02:19 PM
Bias.

Stone_Cold22
05-17-2009, 03:43 PM
Bias.

Shut up....Blackout hasn't been around hardly the past week. You seriously needa just shut up. He quit anyway so HEC advances. Learn not to be an idiot.

Eternal
05-17-2009, 04:44 PM
He comes to the forum:
Last Activity: Today 01:35 AM

But doesn't seem to care about his match...

Iconic
05-17-2009, 06:13 PM
I lost to Hector 1-0 in OU and 3-0 in Ubers. gg Hec <3

Kuja20
05-17-2009, 06:19 PM
Blackout claimed he quit, so what other choice do I have but put Hector through? Should I wait until 2012 til they can get a battle done? <_<

Congrats Hector.

Finals: Hector vs Stone

Good luck to both ;)

Eternal
05-17-2009, 08:48 PM
Everyone would love to see this battle. Can you guys give us an organized time of when you'll be playing?

If not, it's cool...

Stone_Cold22
05-17-2009, 09:54 PM
Uhm it happens when it happens lol

Stone_Cold22
05-18-2009, 03:15 AM
i lost, for the 7th finals now...im done for good.

HECTOR
05-18-2009, 03:16 AM
Stone won OU 3-0
I won UU 3-0
I won Ubers 2-0 (CBChomp FTW)

GGs stone

Eternal
05-18-2009, 03:36 AM
i lost, for the 7th finals now...im done for good.

Dam, lol...

gratz to Hector. I've sent 100k points to Hector and 50k points to Stone as prize.

We starting Season 3 this Saturday right? Same as Smogon starting their's. So make the times different. Like 2:00 PM EST on Saturday and 6:00 PM EST on Sunday.

Carlo1003
05-18-2009, 08:08 AM
This Saturday already? =O Too early imo. But it's okay.
Why not make the times GMT, the time we have here.

Kuja20
05-18-2009, 11:12 AM
Dam, lol...

gratz to Hector. I've sent 100k points to Hector and 50k points to Stone as prize.

We starting Season 3 this Saturday right? Same as Smogon starting their's. So make the times different. Like 2:00 PM EST on Saturday and 6:00 PM EST on Sunday.
Eternal this is not your tour, since when do you dish out the points? Stop trying to run things, let me make one thing crystal clear, leave it all this stuff to me.

Plus we are taking a breather before Season 3, no need to rush into anything.

Good Job HECTOR and tough luck Stoners :( <3

i am cool
05-18-2009, 02:29 PM
Good job Stone and Hector.

Yes I'm aware who won.

Eternal
05-18-2009, 06:57 PM
Eternal this is not your tour, since when do you dish out the points? Stop trying to run things, let me make one thing crystal clear, leave it all this stuff to me.

Plus we are taking a breather before Season 3, no need to rush into anything.

Good Job HECTOR and tough luck Stoners :( <3

You don't seem to have the points to dish out. So you should thank me for that... hahaha...

And i'm making suggestions as to what the best times for you to host the tournaments because of Smogon Season 8 is starting and will be hosting in the weekends.

Also, don't act like since you're an Admin now that you own the place. I would've stayed Admin if I wanted to. And remember I created these Teamuber seasonal tournaments and you have no right to tell me that I can't change anything because "you somehow took control of it." You didn't even ask me that you wanted to take control of it. I didn't say anything until now because I thought you would do a good job. So you should take my suggestions wisely.

Kuja20
05-18-2009, 09:51 PM
You don't seem to have the points to dish out. So you should thank me for that... hahaha...

And i'm making suggestions as to what the best times for you to host the tournaments because of Smogon Season 8 is starting and will be hosting in the weekends.

Also, don't act like since you're an Admin now that you own the place. I would've stayed Admin if I wanted to. And remember I created these Teamuber seasonal tournaments and you have no right to tell me that I can't change anything because "you somehow took control of it." You didn't even ask me that you wanted to take control of it. I didn't say anything until now because I thought you would do a good job. So you should take my suggestions wisely.I don't mind the suggestions, i like to hear the suggestions.

But as to you "creating them", you merely took the idea from Smogon, and changed the name to TU Seasonal Tours. You were barely around to ask, plus you didn't exactly ask Smogon if you could apply the same here, so don't pull that one on me. You quit, so I took over, and trust me it's been difficult because of the major site changes and the servers going down on a regular basis.

I don't wanna run everything, just the bits that I can, so I run the Seasonal Tours, thats just me pulling my weight towards helping keep activity for the server. You are welcome to help me out with this, but please don't immediately take control of it, at least wait for me. Also I can dish out points directly from the admin panel, it's not benefitting myself so it's fine.

Anyway, now I'm gonna concentrate on preparing for Season 3, which should be fun. Any suggestions towards helping me would be great i.e. Rules, Tiers or w/e, I'll set up a thread for that ;).

Thanks to everyone who has helped me run this I appreciate all help that has been given. And Eternal, I will definately take the advice of when on the weekends I should run the tours.

Good Job again to Hector & Stone.

Eternal
05-18-2009, 10:17 PM
But as to you "creating them", you merely took the idea from Smogon, and changed the name to TU Seasonal Tours. You were barely around to ask, plus you didn't exactly ask Smogon if you could apply the same here, so don't pull that one on me.

I did ask Smogon for permission. I know almost every Moderator and Admin there and they're all ok on this. Don't assume I didn't. Most of them even came to many of those tournaments I created.

You were barely around to ask

I was on the forum about 5/7 days a week when I was inactive. I wasn't active, but I checked every day. So you could've just PM'd me.

You quit, so I took over, and trust me it's been difficult because of the major site changes and the servers going down on a regular basis.

I never quitted. I quitted my position as an Admin because I was busy with life and could not be active as an Admin. No one likes an inactive Admin.

Also I can dish out points directly from the admin panel, it's not benefitting myself so it's fine.

I saved you time. So what's the problem?

"Assumptions leads to misunderstanding, which leads to abitrary arguments."

Stone_Cold22
05-18-2009, 10:51 PM
what a pointless argument....

Kuja20
05-18-2009, 11:24 PM
what a pointless argument....
^ meh